Guest viewing is limited

Decisions, decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poppet but I must add, I was in recovery for a long time, as my room wasn't ready immediately, so I had plenty of time to wake up. My surgery was at 0730, and I had lunch in recovery and my OS chatted with me in between his cases. I think it was around 3 p.m. before I finally got taken upstairs. I am also a voracious, compulsive reader and had been saving the Song of Ice and Fire series to read post-op so I was very motivated.
 
lovegardening, Diane, I'm moving some things over on Sunday, but won't stay until after the op. I have a few things to do on Monday such as another blood test, and get a massage. I've yet to decide where to go for the massage, I'm really tempted to go to a spa, but they do cost a lot more, but are sooooo divine.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Decisions, decisions [Bonesmart.org] Decisions, decisions

Yay! Worked out how to resize photos. Think these are better lovegardening.
 
Certainly is bottomshollow. I get such satisfaction from working out these IT puzzles. Google is my good friend!
 
Thanks Diane - I can see really clearly what's there now - there's the Les Mis quote!. I've been messing about resizing photos to put in my (still theoretical!) journal and got in a right muddle! Think my brain is still not up to much - well, that's my excuse anyway!
It's never stopped raining here today - hope you're having it a bit better on the other side of the world.

Take care my Kiwi friend

UK Diane xxxxxxxxxx
 
Hi Diane lovegardening

Did my final grocery shop after work today. Finished training my replacements at work too. 1 day left!

We have come into our most settled weather period, it's been lovely and fine for days. Rain has been forecast for a few days now, but apart from a few drops, it hasn't arrived yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing abut your journal when you feel up to it. It's only been a few weeks since your op, you'll get there!

Well must get up from laying on my bed and cook some dinner.

Cheers
Diane
 
Finished work today. I can't believe the time has finally come. It seems like I've waited forever.
 
Yeah! Am strengthening my wine drinking arm in your honour Diane. I know you will arise from your jospital bed and recover like a phoenix emerging from the ashes..
 
Yeah! Am strengthening my wine drinking arm in your honour Diane. I know you will arise from your jospital bed and recover like a phoenix emerging from the ashes..

I like that image!
 
octopus I have been away for a few days, but wanted to jump on and wish my Kiwi friend good luck for next week.. so much to look forward to honey ... Hugs from across the ditch.
 
Hi Diane! Just wanted to make sure and wish you well for next week! It will be great! :thumb:
 
Hi Nerdgrrl, thanks for the good wishes and positive thoughts! Had a bit of a downer start to the day, not a very good nights sleep & a bit of worrying about going to hospital with hairy legs! Hate that so much. I have not been giving any restrictions on this, only that I should have no cuts, so after reading a bit about it on here, I've taken the 'better safe than sorry' approach and not done them for a few days. My friend who used to be a nurse said not to worry, they won't even notice. Kind of her to say, but it's too close to time to do anything about it. It's the really silly things I worry about, I'm probably blocking out the more serious worries. Less than 48 hours to go!
 
Hi there Kiwi, don't worry about your leg hair, they will be covered in drapes in the OR, and sheets etc in your room :)

48 hours and all of these thoughts will be a distant memory when you take those first steps without pain... Taken a long time getting you to the starting block... I can't wait to be writing to you on the recovery side... Much love and hugs, my friend
 
Thanks poppet! Almost there! It's hard to believe.
 
Aw Diane, I am so glad you're going to your mum's, it's nice to be looked after in those early stages. Come back and see us ASAP after surgery so we can (virtually) hold your hand across the ocean! Hugs and love-- it will be fine, I promise, Vicki x
 
Good luck with your surgery this week Diane. Sending prayers your way around the world. —Susan
 
Hiya Diane
Very nearly there now! Enjoy your massage today and look forward to starting your new thread on the bright side - I'll be there waiting to hear from you just as soon as you can post.
lots of love and big hugs for you
UK Diane xxxxxxxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom