Decisions, decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bottomshollow. Getting quite nervous now but planning a relaxing day tomorrow, am so looking forward to my massage.
 
Wishing you all the best for the 5th. Reading your posts, I see you and I have gone through the same last day at work experiences....doing things wrong and staring into space. I assure you that the thought of the surgery is so much worse than what you will experience. I took the analogy of going on vacation and went with it. It made it easier to handle the leaving home with a suitcase. Once at the hospital the staff takes over and makes you feel special. I honestly couldn't wait for it all to begin once at the hospital. I talked with everyone that would be in the operating room with me. The anesthesiologist offered me to have either spinal or GA, I chose the spinal. After I woke up in the recovery I was told they were gonna take me to my room and soon after I was up walking to the bathroom. I didn't feel like eating anything that first night but by the next morning I was able to order anything on the menu so I had a nice omelet, orange and coffee. I will be waiting to see you post on the other side, take care and enjoy the massage and a good movie.
 
The Day Before - Take Two

Thanks for your encouragement sandybeach. Less than 24 hours to go! I like the going on holiday idea. I will keep that in mind as I pack my magazines and book, and the summer dresses I intend to wear in the hospital. (They want us to get changed into day clothes every day.)

Had a stressful start to the day. I have been doing all my pre surgery visits at one hospital but surgery is taking place at another hospital. Operating hospital phones this morning before 9am to say that the bloods that I had done two weeks ago before delayed surgery must be done again today, along with an ECG. :hairpulling: (I queried the blood test when I got my new surgery date and was told it would not be necessary to redo). It's also the first I've heard about having an ECG. Surgical hospital said I had to visit my GP to arrange the blood test and ECG. Now having recently moved, my GP is a 25 minute drive away. So I would have to go there first thing this morning get blood test done, come back to my area for my massage (absolutely not missing out on that!) and then drive back to GP again this afternoon when they could fit me in for the ECG. Close to two hours driving, and not at all relaxing like I envisioned the day to be! I could have gone to a local dr in my area, but because I'm not their patient, it would cost me twice as much as a visit to my own GP. I phoned various departments at pre op hospital and got a very nice lady who phoned the surgical hospital and arranged for both to be done before surgery tomorrow morning. Heaps of thanks and blessings to her! So now I'm packing my bag and back to plan A, off to the massage in a couple of hours. :)
 
Phew, pleased the hospital managed to get that sorted octopus, you certainly could do without that sort of palaver the day before your surgery. Makes perfect sense to get it all done at the hospital anyway,good on that lady who sorted it all out.

Best of luck for tomorrow,see ya n the other side

Ann
 
Hi Diane!

Finally... It's your turn!! Just wanted to wish you all best for tomorrow.. :) I'll be thinking of you.

Looking forward to hearing from you on the other side and wishing you a 'smooth as' recovery!

Cheers!!
 
Kiwi Diane, hope you had a wonderful, relaxing day. Try and rest tonight for your hip birthday tomorrow. Wishing you the best and look forward to seeing you on the new shiny hip side!

:friends:
 
Hello my Kiwi friend
At last, this time has come round again and you are so close now to having the op all behind you and it will be onwards and upwards for you every day! Can't wait to see you on the other side - will you be able to post from hospital and how long do you expect to stay there?
All my very best wishes and enormous hugs for you
Your UK friend
Diane xxxx
 
Hi Diane

Thanks for the good wishes and hugs.

I can't believe the time has come! I'm feeling quite calm and at peace. I leave home at 6.30 am for a 7 am check in. I'll probably be really early as the hospital is only 10 mins away, but i don't want to miss this because of traffic or anything unforeseen. I will try and post from hospital, I have prepared my phone, but I'm just going to take things as they come. I have been told I will probably be home in 3-4 days.

I hope all is well with you.
 
Just dropping in for a good luck note. I hope you had a great massage today! I am so glad the lady at the hospital was able to sort things out so you didn't have to run around all day today. I went to work the day before surgery. I don't know what i was thinking because I really couldn't concentrate on much. at that point I was less nervous and more excited to finally be having the surgery done. Your plan for today was much better. We look forward to hearing from you on the other side! :SUNsmile:
 
Thanks nerdgrrl. The massage was lovely, very relaxing. I'm off to bed now to hopefully get some sleep. I'll be on the other side in a few hours.
 
Thinking of you Diane. Life is so much better on this side! Vicki.
 
Vida

Thanks Vicki! I can't sleep, well I did for a while but woke up and my stomach started churning. I'm drinking a bit of water as I can have that until 5 am, it's now 3.25.

How's things with you? I'll catch up soon on the other side. :)
 
I know the feeling. I found it helps to do some deep breathing and meditation, at least doing a little creative visualization...what you will do with your new hip! I actually love the anaesthetic...you're asleep, then awake and fixed up in what seems like seconds, fascinating. You have a fab attitude and you WANT this, so I am sure you will sail through. X
 
I'm off to the other side......
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom