Guest viewing is limited

Decisions, decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Queenie, thanks so much for stopping by :) I've been making journals for about 3 years now & the current ones are so different from the first ones. I love the portable nature of them, I can take it to the beach with a few pens to draw, or scribble some borders with coloured pencils while at a friend's. And there are no rules!

Wow two hip replacements, impressive. I must say I'm thankful it only looks like only the one for me at this stage. I'm going out to enjoy some sun shortly and take some photos. Have got my hospital and staying at mums bag sorted, but may have to use some of the clothes from them before the op. just need to do my art stuff for afterwards. I'm going to make up a 'bed box', things I can use while in bed, scissors glue stick, pencils etc.
 
Hi Octopus,
I just logged in to check on you, hoping your op was over. (again calculating the time difference :-)
I hope they will call you in very soon.
cheers
 
Thanks Selin sansabosa! Yes, it would have been over by now. Still waiting to hear. Phoned the hospital but got the answer phone, left a message but will call again first thing tomorrow. If still no news will go back to work on Thursday. Not something i thought I would be doing just yet.
 
Hi like your good self my op got bumped now waiting for a new date clifford
 
So frustrating isn't it? clifford149. I'm making plans to go back to work on Thursday. Need to save my leave for afterwards. Best of luck to you for getting a new date shortly.
 
Just received my new date, 5th of March, another two weeks to wait.
 
Oh heck, Diane, all that build up and then having to wait another 2 weeks - that's just rotten. Maybe you can think of a few treats that you wouldn't normally have to help the time pass more quickly and certainly get a bit more beach time if the weather holds for you. It's been stunning here the last 2 days but all our beaches are still out of reach for me just yet but hoping to make it to the easiest one soon - I'm determined to go for a paddle - in my wellies that is!
Extra big hugs
UK Diane xxxxxxxxx
 
Hi Diane lovegardening, that's the bit I'm hating, waiting another couple of weeks and then all the nerves and stress again in the days before. Thanks for the hugs! I'm off to the beach shortly, then back to work tomorrow for seven days. I will have the Monday before surgery off again, with another massage and maybe a trip to the beach. :) that massage was heavenly!
 
Noooo! I was just checking in to see how you are... Sorry to hear it's been delayed but happy you have a new date. Great idea to treat yourself in the meantime. I hope the time passes quickly for you.

Enjoy the beach.. Is it Piha?

Cheers
Ann
 
Hi Ann, finn1913

I can't believe it, but am just going with the flow. I found out this morning that its the bits for inside me that haven't arrived, as they've had to get special ones for me. And now my surgeon is on holiday for two weeks. Oh well, at least he will be rested and refreshed for my surgery.

Yes, I just went out to Piha, sat down by lion rock, read my book for a bit and listened to the surf. Dipped my feet in the sea too. Even that little exertion was tiring, resting on my bed now.

Back to work tomorrow. Luckily the temp we hired is ok with having some time off and will return just before I finish (again) Friday week.

Thanks for stopping by. :)
 
Hey Kiwi.... I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason.. and not having the prosthesis for you hon, is a pretty basic requirements.. I am with you, your OS is going to be rested and having delayed your surgery, I believe he will take extra special care of you... time will go quickly Diane, hang in there hon xxx
 
Thanks Poppet, me too. Here they book two people in at the same time, in case one doesn't turn up. There's no telling if you go first or second. So I'm guessing that I'll be first one the list that day! Good thing too, less time to stress and go without food and water. It's funny how the timing affects other people in a good way too. The temp we hired to fill in for me is only too happy to have some time off as they have builders arriving tomorrow.
 
You have waited so long for your day in the OR, I am excited for you and can't wait to be posting with you on the recovery side ... hugs xx
 
Hi Diane. Wow, you've been through the ringer on this. We will be there for you on any date they give you.

Patience grasshopper

Vicki
 
'Patience grasshopper' Vida

Hi Vicki, the use of 'grasshopper' brought a smile to my face.. it is a favourite nick name my SO calls me ! thanks for putting a smile on my face..
 
Hi Diane. Wow, you've been through the ringer on this. We will be there for you on any date they give you.

Patience grasshopper

Vicki

Thanks Vicki Vida, really appreciate it! 5 more working days. Monday off before Tuesday's surgery, going to have another luxurious massage
 
Enjoy your massage Kiwi.. :)

Not long now :) :) :)
 
Hey, Kiwi Diane. Glad you got your new date! Like Poppet said, can't do it right without your new parts! Wouldn't want you to settle for parts right off the shelf!! Hope you're able to get some good rest this week and it will be done and dusted before you know it!
 
Your new date will be here soon:) I talked with my OS last Tuesday and as far as I know mine is all on schedule. I would hate a delay because I have two scheduled that would mean for me everything going late....I just want all this madness done for me before we get to far into spring. I have plans to enjoy this summer like no other summer before.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom