Guest viewing is limited

TKR Debby's new knee

Eight days post op just leaving the house is too much. Rest, ice, elevate the rest of the day.
 
@KarriB, I know it was too much, in hind sight I should have asked if I could monitor my bp and call her with results. As it turns out she not only checked my bp but checked my incision answered a few questions. It was a good visit and she does not need to see for at least another month. I can monitor my bp at home and call with any questions/ concerns.
I did pack some ice packs in a small cooler for the ride home and once I got home, took my meds and went to sleep!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Any activity early on can make you extremely tired.. I found just showering wiped me out for the rest of the day.
 
Today has been a fairly good day. For the the first time since my surgery I was able to lift both my non operated and operated legs unto my bed without help. PT went well. I only Have one exercise that I cannot do. I will try again tomorrow.



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Don't be in a hurry to be able to do all the exercises. You don't need many exercises at this stage anyway.
Right now, just walking around the house is sufficient exercise for your knee. You can gradually add other exercises as you continue to heal.
 
I'm glad to hear you are doing well, Debby. It sure is nice to have someone in almost the exact same spot as me, to know someone out there completely understands. I think I am doing well, also. My PT is very happy with my progress.
 
@sandi4213, there were a few of us that had our surgeries within days of each other. I had bad experiences with the last 2 times I had PT, so I want to choose wisely. I am part of an unstructured home program that I can do It my own pace.
I like this program very much. Talked to OS's PA and she see



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oops.PA seemed to think I am on target. Yay!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
You are the only person you have to please! PT is there to help you. Don't worry about pleasing them. If you can't do some of the exercises now, that's no big deal. Your knee will let you know when it's ready. You can't force it. If you do, it will not be happy and let you know it! It sounds like you are doing very well. Keep up the good healing!
 
@sistersinhim, Thank You! I really needed to hear that someone is on my side right now. It seems as though everyone that asked how I was doing than followed up with "is she doing her therapy?" The kicker is non of these people have had Knee replacement surgery!
Thank You for letting me vent and thanks again for your kind words


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@debbyS, I got that from just about everybody I knew. The first few times, I tried to explain that I wasn't taking PT and why, but they looked at me like I was crazy. So, I just started smiling at them and told them yes, of course. That made them happy, and me, too, because I didn't have to explain everything. You are so right when you say that they haven't had a tkr and have no idea what's involved with it. I think people just don't know what to say, so they ask if we're doing our therapy. Try to realize that most people really do care, but don't know how to relate to your pain, so we get 'the question'!
 
I never realized that "well meaning" people would make this journey harder. Everyone does seem to have an opinion on how we could make ourselves better and heal quickly. As @sistersinhim said, none of these people have actually been here. I think her response was perfect. I just tell everyone I am doing exactly what I am supposed to. You keep worring about you and don't worry about what "they" think. Isn't it so nice to know that there is a great group of people here who HAVE "been there"?
 
@sandi4213, Thank you for your kind words. I quess one could say I have been a little overwhelmed


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like you're really doing well!! You'll only get better from here on out. But as others have mentioned, try to stay out of the ODIC. It's no fun but we all seem to join at some point or another but then you learn your lesson. :)
 
@debbyS and then there is always someone who knows someone who has had a knee replacement and they did this....

Good job for being on target too!! And what a fantastic accomplishment lifting both legs on to the bed!

The ODIC hurts!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh yeah, that ODIC is one place you do not want to become a member of!
 
Thanks everyone for letting me vent ( a little) ,but also point me in the right direction. I am not sleeping well ( waking up every hour to use the bathroom) . I understand this is part of the healing process but I never have functioned well on little sleep.
I do realize that I am doing well especially compared to were I was less than 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for setting me straight.
Debby


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom