TKR Debby's new knee

@debbyS I've been experiencing lower back pain too, and my hip abductors are sore. I've been putting a bit of ice on it (as that's all I really have in here) also been using an ointment called Fisiocream (natural based ointment) that's helped a little but I think I need some heat packs.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Were you able to get a picture while bandage was off? Always a great surprise to have a smaller incision than expected!
 
@ LRKO, No can you believe I forgot! It should not be long until this thing can come off?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@jaschemba, the cane is another great idea. I can use it to pull my walker closer [emoji4]. I still cannot lift my leg, but can move it from side to side. Work those quads and the rest will come.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I used my cane for all sorts of things, but mostly to pull the ottoman closer to chair. I'd hook it under one of the ottoman legs and pull it closer, until I didn't get a leg, pulled and ended up with a sore face from hitting myself with the cane! :heehee:
 
@KarriB, Now that sons like something I would do.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I was alone when it happened, but I told the story. I believe in full disclosure where my TKR recovery is concerned. Actually my life has been an open book before the word "transparency" became popular.
 
Your back can be sore from the combination of sleeping on your back and by how you are walking right now. You can try a heating pad on your back and that may help. If you are lying in bed you might want to put a few pillows above your head too. I found it helped my back feel better.
 
I even used my cane to prop my legs up on when there wasn't anything around that I could elevate with. It sure helped to get these knees straight! I would put the hand part on the edge of the chair and put the stem out in front of me. This allowed me to place my legs on it. I had a built-in ottoman everywhere I went!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Debby's new knee

Attached is a photo of my knee. Today has been a little better, not as sore.
Headed down the hall to do my PT. See how it goes today but Morning seems to be the best time.




Zimmer RTKR 3/20/2017
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Your incision looks really good! Be careful to not overdo therapy! Your knee will rebel and you won't like it! Been there, done that! Everyone at one time or the other will join the ODIC, the over did it club! It's not a nice place to be. Stay away from there!
 
Looks good! Remember just because the outside looks healed doesn't mean the inside is healed. Still lots of work going on underneath.
 
Last night I woke with terrible pain in my neck. Tried some Biofreeze an that seemed to do the trick. I think I will apply some before bed tonite and hope for a better night sleep.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
What in the world did you do to your neck? I hope it doesn't back.
 
Oh good. I hope you have a good night.
 
Have you tried some heat on your neck? You could've just slept on it wrong, especially if you're not in your typical sleep position.
 
@KarriB, I found that if I adjusted the position of my pillow, that the pain subsided. I have biofreeze on hand so I tried that. If this continues I think I will switch to moist heat- a little more soothing.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
So probably from sleeping in a bad position and not being able to move easily. I'm so sorry the last thing you need is more pain in another part of your body. :hissy:
 
I know I overdid it today. I had to see my PCP to have my blood pressure checked. Visit when well and I do not have to see her for a while just monitor my bp at home. Any way the trip took a lot out of me.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom