TKR Debbie1954

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 7th month anniversary Deb! You are doing great for 7 months out! :yay:

Eli sounds so funny, and he's a little cutie to boot! I love the "thumb eye opener thingy", I can just see you laughing! Kids are so funny and serious at the same time! :) I can't believe he said he was stinky and needed a bath, what a sweetie, but boy they are full of energy at that age! :happydance:
 
Thank you for the 7 month anniversary wish. I totally forgot about it and when I saw it in writing I thought is it already 7 months. Hard to believe. I wish my hands wouldn't hurt to see if my knee would hurt at all if I didn't take the meds for my arthritis. Like I said earlier, I totally don't even think about my knee anymore, or not much anyway. Want to get back to exercising again once Eli is gone. Well, I am exercising, but not my routine exercise. He does keep me busy.

Sad today, my mom's only living sibling died this morning. Her sister was 95 1/2. Her 3 brothers died younger, but out of the 4 sisters, one was 90, and now two were 95 when they died. My mom is 89 (youngest sister) and she still works part time. Wondering if I will have their longevity.
 
Deb, I'm sorry to hear about you aunt!:console2: You do have a long lifeline in your gene pool, I hope you hopped on the right train when you were made kiddo! You say your mom is still working, the way you went through this knee recovery I'd say you got on the "Good Genepool Express Train" my friend!:egypdance:

I'm sorry to hear that your hands are still hurting!:sad:
 
Hi Debbie and Jacky Oh my gosh that is so hilarious. I would love to see some video of little Eli in action. So cute about opening your eyes and also wanting you to smell him. Darling!!!! Envious...But I am possibly going to be a G-ma to a dog soon. I guess I will have to pamper him but he is never going to say anything so cute like Eli.
Also envious about your lack of knee pain. I am off my Celebrex and thinking about weaning off the Cymbalta. I don't see that these things are/were doing me any good. Both knees really hurting, the non TKR is the worst of course. I hope my TKR knee is going to start back on recovery once the other knee is repaired.
Your Cali trip coming up! Our weather has been perfectly delightful...as always....hahaha! So wonderful here except for the crime, gangs, smog etc. Things are starting to bloom along with everyone's allergies. Invest in some Zyrtec. It's a must. Just love your stories! Love you guys!
 
OK, tonight Eli was looking at some old pictures and he saw some pictures from when he was a baby and I was giving him a bath in the sink, so guess what he wanted to do tonight.
[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
Debbie, Happy belated 7 month! That is great that you don't think about your knee anymore. I wish I was at that point but I still think about, although not as much. Glad to hear everything is great!
 
Thank you Lisa. I was standing around tonight at my aunts visitation. My mom's last sibling died at the age of 95 1/2. You know how you stand around talking to people, well, new knee felt fine, other knee complained a little. I was never good at standing still.
 
Ya know Deb, I was looking at Eli's face when he was sitting in you sink and the first thing that came to mind was that, that little guy looks just like you! :) Sweet! :)
 
Thank you Jacky, maybe Eli won't like it, but hey, what can you do, you are born with what you get. Can't wait to see what my granddaughter will look like. She could be very dark from her Nicaraguan heritage, or she could be blonde from her Danish heritage, or throw in my German, she could be all mixed up.
 
Hi Deb, I hope all is going well, and you're getting lots of cuddles in! When is hubby going to join you in CA.?
 
Hi Jacky, bet you had to go digging for this thread, been a while since I popped in here. Dave is coming out next Tuesday and then our daughter and Eli will come on Thursday. They want to see the new baby too, her husband will stay at their AZ house and work on that, but I am betting he will be golfing in this wonderful weather. I am getting some cuddle time every day, but mommy is a little nervous, or anxious should I say. She realizes that she is hormonal and she hopes it gets better as she says her heart races when the baby isn't in her arms. The baby has gained back the weight it lost, so she is nursing well. I am doing lots of laundry and dishes and cooking and baking. Glad I can help out. Thanks for checking on me. Knee is doing great even walking their dogs and it is a hilly area.
 
Funny, I was only thinking of you last night, that I hadn't seen you post in a while. Guess I must have missed your last few, especially the lovely photo of Eli, bless him. Your new grandbaby must be due shortly, am I right?

Kneewise, you are doing just greaaaaat :thumb:
 
Deb, I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing great! I can understand your DIL anxious when her baby is not in her arms! Oh remember the days! :umm: Then the time come and we all say, can you please watch this child while we go away for a week! :) Brand new babies do that to us mommies! I'm glad to hear that you are getting some cuddling time daily, sweet! It's nice to hear that the little sweetie is eating well and has regained the weight lost after birth and her trying times! :thumb:

Grandpa and auntie must be anxious to meet the new family member, how exciting! It sounds like you're experiencing nice weather my friend, enjoy your stay!
 
Kathy, little Abigail Marie was born on 3/26, the day after I arrived. She wasn't due for another week or so. She heard grandma's voice and said, "I'm getting out of here to meet her"...LOL She weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces and was 19 inches long. Here is a picture of her.

[Bonesmart.org] Debbie1954
 
Awe she so sweet! I love the big dark eyes and all that dark hair! I love that she recognized your voice and just had to come out and meet and greet grandma! :) She's also got quite long fingers! Maybe she'll be a piano player! :)
 
Debbie your grand daughter is beautiful. Aren't grand kids a blessing. They brighten our lives. It was nice to hear from you.
 
Hi Debbie. Have not posted in awhile. Glad to see you are getting to enjoy you grandbabies. They both are beautiful. Enjoy them, they grow up so fast. I can tell those knees are still doing you well. Take care and have a great visit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom