TKR Dearjr's new knee

Oh, I am so sorry about your pup. They are part of the family and it is a shame they have such an abbreviated life span. Please give her hugs and kisses from my family and my two doggies and remember she will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.
 
Hugs to you and your family and your four legged family member. They give us such unconditional love... I know the guy in my avatar was very sensitive to me moods / pain / etc after my TKR!
 
Amazingly the vet brought the dog back home. He was surprised she is alive. But she is back to herself and we will wait till she gets sick again to put her to sleep
 
Dog is home...doing well on steroids and heart medicine

My knee seems less swollen after doing activity. But I feel it clunking now....can anything be wrong?
It's not painful though..
 
Some clunking noise can be part of recovery. Since there is no pain, don't be concerned.

Read this article from the BoneSmart Library:

Clunking after knee surgery
 
While I don't have any "pain, deformity or swelling" as mentioned in the article this is something I am asking the OS about when I see him next week.

I've found when I make longer strides I don't click or clunk. :)
 
I know your dog is happy to be home.

When my swelling first went down, I heard a little clicking noise. As the tissues settled down it went away. But I know some folks say they hear noises for quite some time. And that it does not mean anything is wrong.
 
I have three clunks that I hear as I walk. No pain but I'm still goin to ask my OS about it. Also when I move the bottom part of my leg I hear a clunk. It's kind of annoying.
 
I think this week I got into the overdid it club. I took down a shed and also went on bike for 30 mins with increased resistance. Yesterday knee was swollen so layers off anything today and iced and better today
Lesson learned!:idea::bignono::tantrum2:
 
@Celle thanks. I read it.
I knelt on my knee yesterday. It's still numb in outer side. Didn't hurt. But know clunks a little more. Any relation with what I did?
Is it harmfully out body weight on knee while kneeling?
 
I am so sorry to hear about your furry family member. It took me 6 years to find Madison the light of my life. After 4 months I still have a little swelling every now and then. It's usually when I try to push myself.
 
Thankfully my furry friend is doing better...hanging on for now

But the knee is still clunking!!:what:
The swelling is less but can indent my knee cap by pressing:boohoo:
 
Kneeling should not have done anything to affect your knee @Dearjr .
it's OK to kneel now and then, although probably not advisable to do it all the time.
Some people find that they can't kneel.
 
@Celle thanks
Was just wondering why my knee started clicking again after it was fine for a while
 
Went golfing for first time in a year. 1 1/2 hours riding and walking and hitting. Tkr knee felt good non tkr knee not so good. Slight swelling of tkr knee. Still clicking though ...no pain
Up to 117 in pt even though I told her I didn't care what number was

This week I'm going to try touch just 3 times a day

How many times do most ice at 3 months out?
 
You know, @Dearjr , my right knee, done in 2011, still makes clicks and clunks, while my more recent right TKR does not. 'Tis a mystery!.
However, since it doesn't hurt, I've stopped thinking about it.
 
My left knee will think when I get into my umpire's stance behind the plate with a right-handed batter. One catcher even commented on it, but it does not hurt. It does not bother me at all.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom