Guest viewing is limited

TKR Dearjr's new knee

Since this is my first downhill I have to get over it and go on to the long haul
 
If it is painful and getting worse, you should see your OS. If it isn't then put it down to normal TKR replacement issues. That's what I'm doing.
 
It's definitely not painful. Just annoying to feel!

Go bluejays!'
Hope they meet my mets!
 
I hope they meet your Mets too! Our pitcher today was awesome. After last nights embarrassing loss we could have been out of it today, but Estrada was amazing and kept us in it. Now another nail biter on Friday at KC.

The tight band feeling is very annoying. Mine has never gone away, but since it is just an annoyance I can cope with it. The thing that was worrying me was pain when I weight bare. Apparently I am one of the 10 to 15% who have ongoing pain. My X-rays look great so the OS isn't concerned.
 
It's up to your team now!

Is there a way to make
The pain better?
 
I am getting the "click" -more like a "thunk"- whenever I raise my new RTKR knee towards my chest in a quasi-one-legged march maneuver. Yes, super annoying, however my LTKR used to click but it doesn't at all anymore.
 
Going to see os tommorow
Let's see what he thinks!
 
Add me to the clicking/klunking club. I still have swelling from surgery at 3 months though. Doc says swelling and clunking could last 6 months.
 
I went to Ortho today. He explained that in order to give me more flexibility he put in a spacer that would do that. He explained that they come in 2 mm sizes and in my case he wanted it a little looser as opposed to tighter which he would put in an older person who needs more stability versus flexibility. That being said he told me the clicking or clunking that I know have is the knee getting less swollen and more flexible. As long as there is no pain. He said it might take up to a year to get rid of it

Anyone agree with that assessment??
 
It's up to your team now!

Is there a way to make
The pain better?
My OS prescribed Gabapentin for similar issues yesterday. So far I'm a little relaxed, maybe but not too sleepy.

Good thing since I have to watch this exciting Blue Jsys game !! Go Jays!!!!
 
Let's all root for the mets!

Was it unusual for my os not to order X-rays with my clunking all the time??
 
I think it is such a common occurrence that it did not concern him.
 
I had klunking. doc said its normal. Had Xrays at 6 wks and last week at 3 months.
 

Staff online

  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom