TKR Dearjr's new knee

I still have stiffness but it is getting better. Just signed up for 5 more weeks of pt. Also have never missed 1 day of doing my exercises. I also do 15 to 25 minutes on my Recumbent Bike. I have come so far but slowly. Dr says slow is OK as long as progress is steady. I'm thin and wonder if that has something to do with a slower recovery.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Interesting hypothesis about weight and recovery time. I would say my weight is in the normal range and I am very active. My expectation for recovery is high. I want a full and active lifestyle. Ferni what do you mean about thinness leading to longer revovery? A friend of mine said something similar to me.
 
@Wanttobebiking thanks. Can you steer me where you got those desensitizing procedures....the feeling different also drives me crazy. The only time I don't notice it is I'm sitting down regular in a chair. But when standing and moving it it feels different. I get that clicking at times too...
When I went bike riding I didn't feel it. As a matter of fact I felt my left knee which was clicking because of the arthritis. I hope to hold out to do the second one as long as possible. But this time I'm going to be smart and take off 2 months to recover instead of 3 weeks

Where do I join the cycling club. Since I'm not going back to running is like to take up biking and get advice on how to pick out the right bike
I'm up to 6 1/2 miles on the outdoor bike
On the recumbent bike I ride 1/2 hour and have been increasing the resistance

Last night sleep was tough probably for a few reasons. Maybe I overdid it with the bike resistance. Also my dog is very sick and she was up. Took her into vet for tests today
 
@Wanttobebiking I also am very active. What I meant was I have no padding around my knees or thighs so it is painful when it swells or when I sit or stand too long. Being in pt for almost 4 months, I've seen heavier people come and go. Just a guess.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
I a months heavier side but I think it only puts strain on the knees which I guess can impede recovery
 
In addition to the Cycling Club thread, there is a "Bonesmarties" Strava cycling club. Strava is a cycling/activity app that uses the gps data from your smartphone (or portable gps device) to produce a graphic representation of your ride, including miles, climbs, and average speed. It's fun because you can also see where your friends are riding. Look back a page or so on the BS Cycling thread (pg. 70) for my explanation on how to join Strava. :bicycle1:
 
Vet called and said dog is better. Probably has pneumonia
Did a lot of standing today and yesterday wore compression sleeve and helped
Less swollen but very stiff when you take it off
 
Glad the pooch is okay! Walking is painless but standing still is awful.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Sounds like you are rocking on the bike riding. I feel I am doing better this week as I have upped my activity. Walking more and working out with weights.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad the compression sleeve is helping. I had a little sensitivity with my second knee--nothing painful, just like accentuated feeling. It took several months but gradually I realized it was gone.

It's easy to get obsessed with every little sensation. I know--since I had mine in the summer and lived in shorts for several months I kept feeling the numb spot. :heehee: Luckily by knee number 2 I knew the drill and was a bit less focused on it.
 
:cry::bawl::bawl:Bad news on dog.....tumors in spleen and intestine
She's lived a great life and we don't want her to suffer. Will bring her home to enjoy a good meal and then say good night
 
I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. :console2:
 
I'm so sorry about your dog. It's always difficult to say good-bye to a trusted furry family member.
 
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. Sending you, your family, and your dear pup virtual hugs, TLC, and a box of Kleenex. As much as you know it's a kindness to avoid needless, prolonged suffering, it's still sad. My condolences.

I'm doing OK, thanks for asking. Doing stairs like a normal person. Still need to build up strength and stamina, but that will come, I'm sure.
 
Thanks for all the messages. We will have her home from the vet today and keep her comfortable till the time is hers
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom