TKR Dearjr's new knee

I totally agree with Kelly, if your knee's a goner don't wait too long. I tried to time my second TKR for after my son's high school graduation, but knee had other plans. Now I am glad everything worked out as it did- I'll be physically ready by summer to help him move away to college (emotionally not so sure, lol).
 
Oh gosh, I remember that first move to college. I was fine while I was there, but on the way home, I cried those big, long, wet grief tears all the way. I kept remembering my daughter when she was three and dancing to the usmic! It is a bittersweet time---but, my relationship with my kids improved after college and we became much closer!!
 
@skigirl thanks for the advice
I was shooting for this November but it's still feels fine so maybe next year
Getting used to the clunking but no pain
 
Hi all

Its been a while!
Knee has no pain but still clunks

Im in florida now and since it is warm i am going to try to walk a little farther and see how it goes

I got a X-ray before I will be going back to os and it said all the pieces are aligned but there is calcified debris along the medial joint line

Does anyone know what that is?
 
I am aching to get back down to Florida. Only four more weeks and I will be en route. I find that the Ohio cold weather immediately stiffens my joint when I get out of the car. Have you experienced that?

Never heard of your calcified debris. Sounds like a lunar landing.
 
@Third joint

I had my tkr in July and in the early fall was not "stiff"
But some days in winter it definitely feels different
 
I will tag @Josephine, she is an orthopedic nurse, so she might have some ideas about this. I would wonder if your knee is loosening with debris in the knee. If the cement is loosening, it was not applied properly.
 
I surly hope not
The knee for the most part feels stable but clunks all the time

Soon I'll be testing it with light tennis
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom