TKR Dearjr's new knee

@Dearjr, thought of you yesterday.When I was at PT I saw an antigravity treadmill. I'm going to try it at some point in future.
 
No it's not in the water. It's got a special closed chamber below the waist.
 
So this thread is where everyone is hanging out!

Sounds like everyone is doing well. I'm 25 days out from surgery and returned to work this week. Except for Monday when I went into the office, I've worked from my bed where I can ice and elevation.
 
The anti gravity treadmill is amazing. I would recommend it to everyone. I walk about 3/4 of a mile at 35% of my body weight and it feels great. Tomorrow I'm going for a mile. I even did a little running. Not much because I didn't want to overdo it, but I RAN!!! I have not been able to run for over 20 years. You are zipped into the chamber that fills with air and holds you up. The feeling of being lighter than air is fantastic.
 
For those who have never seen it before, this is the anti gravity treadmill
[Bonesmart.org] Dearjr's new knee
 
@wings i think I need one for my house!
@cairistiona60 the feeling of running again is great...isn't it? I ran for over 15 years and hadn't run in the last 5 but when I did the pool running it was great!

Just finishing land pt. still hoping for those last 2 degrees on extension. Would 2 degrees make much difference?
 
DearJR - I thought of you when they put me on the leg press machine for the first time yesterday, with slow presses and releases. Loved it. Made my legs feel good, and stronger. also, there was no related exercise hangover today!
 
@analysta its a fun machine...makes you feel strong! Keep up the good work

Went shopping for the wife for over an hour...now icing the stiff swollen knee!

You get what you pay for...:badspidy::tantrum2::xmark::censored::banghead:
 
I wish I had room for it!

It seems I can't sleep for more than 2 hours straight
I wake up but don't know why...no pain. So I turn over and go back to sleep for another 1-2 hours

Any ideas?
 
Hey JR, I had my best sleep last night since TKR July 13. I have a Garmin Vivofit that measures steps and sleep, both deep sleep and light sleep. I slept 10 hours with 60% deep. Pre-op I had no problem sleeping. Post-op I didn't sleep more than a hour at a time for the first few weeks. Then I got a sleep aid which helped for two weeks. Got off that addictive drug and started the on and off sleep again, but then as I became more active it started to just improve. As it improved I started to focus on how much better I was sleeping. Even when I had a rough night I didn't focus on it or worry that it would get worse. Now I have a bad night about every three or four days. A full night sleep is just around the corner for you!
 
I hope that corner comes soon!
I wake up but after a few minutes go back to sleep
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom