Guest viewing is limited

THR Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right then, this itching of the wound is driving me crazy!!! I'm having staples out Monday, but I just don't know how I'm going to cope with the itching until then argh!!!
Also, I'm writing this post at 3am because lying on my back constantly is giving me chronic back ache --- I know it's not forever, & I know it's a small price to pay, but boy that's the other thing that's driving me crazy at the moment!!
Otherwise, I have to say, on the whole I'm feeling so positive this time it's worked & I'm going to have many years of pain free life ahead of me :-))))


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Great attitude @Michelle1976.... Oh yes..that itching...drives you potty..but it wears off...eventually! I found sleeping on my back such a chore at first...but I'm still sleeping that way 6 months on and I love it!! Especially with no hip pain! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Sorry...good luck with having staples out on Monday....you won't feel a thing! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
hi @Michelle1976 . glad you're home and healing. even with the various annoyances, you sound good. it must be a relief to be after. hope it goes well.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Day 1


not the best picture (my Mom is no David Bailey!), but, for those looking carefully, you'll see I've got an infection :-( it's not too bad, just a small section in the middle. So I'm on antibiotics for a few days & then I've got to go back to see the nurse again!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Michelle1976 Am I correct in that you are 6 months out and now have an infection? Bless your heart sweetie!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great picture! Hope that infection settles down soon...x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Oh Michelle. I am so sorry to hear about the infection on top of everything else. But your incision looks good. Sending you healing wishes.
 
@Michelle1976 Am I correct in that you are 6 months out and now have an infection? Bless your heart sweetie!

No mystikfairy61, I'm only a few weeks post op. Today I had my staples out & this is what they found. It's not a major infection, just a very small area. I'm sure it will clear up fully & quickly!

Thanks again everyone!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Michelle1976 The reason I said 6 months is because of the date on your signature, Oct 8th. Hope you feel better soon!!
 
Oh my could you call? 3 weeks vs 3 months is huge! Best wishes!


Sheryl from Pittsburgh
LTHR on 4/2/2014
Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@Michelle1976 The reason I said 6 months is because of the date on your signature, Oct 8th. Hope you feel better soon!!



Ah yes, I did have TLHR in October, but unfortunately it fractured end if February, so I've now had it replaced again :-( all except the head - that's the same one from October.

I've just tried to change my signature, but on my phone it just says 'sent from iPhone'

As for 3 weeks vs 3 months, I'll find out for sure at 6 weeks when I see my consultant - I'm happy to take it easy until then :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Michelle, can you get to a desktop or laptop computer to change your signature? If not, post your surgery and the date and tag me....I'll change it for you.
 
Ah thanks Jamie!
I will use a desktop later today, so I'll update my signature then.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @Michelle1976 I'm assuming your infection is superficial? Is the scar below if from the original surgery? It's a long scar now!!!

Glad to find you well....you've been through a lot!!!
 
Yes, you can see the old scar (well one if them) & yes, this wound does seem really long!!
As for infection - it's midway down the new wound - on the picture you can see it's quite red. I don't think it's major, I've been on Anti B's for a few days & I'm seeing the nurse later today.
Actually, I think the problem has become an allergic reaction to the dressing - I'll try & photograph myself today to show you. I ended up taking the dressing off last night, the itchiness was driving me crazy (& I'm convinced it's a reaction to the dressing rather than a problem with the wound.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Here's the picture I've just taken --- if you look wide of the scar (where the sticky plaster was), you'll see a red rash!! :-(

[Bonesmart.org] Day 1



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Yep... I can clearly see that. I get a reaction to some dressing after a few days and the itching is awful!!!! Mention that to them in the future. Looks good otherwise x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom