Guest viewing is limited

THR Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Michelle! Sounds like you have been through the wringer. I hope your fracture can begin to heal.
 
Quite shockingly I was sent home yesterday (still with a fractured hip) & all I've got is an appointment with my original surgeon in the original hospital for next Thursday (a week after being discharged!)
I've had my first full day at home today & I'm in agony (it's so, so hard to fully rest when you're at home!) I've been at the back if the house watching the kids playing, in the kitchen washing up & chatting to my partner, in the living room sitting down, in the bathroom (which is up a flight if stairs) sever times. I wanted to read my children a story in bed, so that was another trip up the stairs - it's hard! As a consequence I'm in pain :-(
I think it's disgusting to say the least that I'm home - if u were older (I'm only 37) say in my 60's & if I expressed my discomfort more (instead of being a martyr) I'm sure I'd still be in hospital!
 
@Michelle1976 - so sorry you are in so much pain but you seem to be doing way too much to me for someone with a fractured hip. I really hope it sorts itself out for you in the short term and I agree - I reckon it is terrible they sent you home like that!
 
please try to rest some and take it easier...
You have been thru so much.
Hugs
 
@Michelle1976. So sorry you have been sent home, and in so much pain too....hoping next Thursday you can get some action from your original surgeon. Take care...Chrissie xx
 
Hi again!
Tomorrow can not come quick enough - I know we all understand pain, but, wow, the pain I'm in now it unbelievable! So bad that yesterday my partner took me to A&E again ... we thought that there was no chance a second person in the medical profession would send me away with a fractured hip & in as much pain as I am in ... however, that's what happened - I was sent home again!
As I say, one more day, & to make doubly sure something happens or that someone takes ownership, I've booked two appointments (for my UK friends) one with the NHS & one at a private hospital! Please, please let someone take care of me from tomorrow!
I don't really have any more information other than, yesterday I was told that the bone that is fractured looks very fragile, & probably would take screws of any sort - it would just break further :-( sounds like I'm going to cause the surgeon trouble - no point in being awkward unless you show it eh???

I hope everyone else is doing well xx
 
oh no. this all sounds so distressing, not to mention the agony. joining everyone in wishing you a quick and easy solution. this has been more than enough.
 
Good luck for you tomorrow .... Hope all goes well and you get something sorted! Chrissie x
 
Michelle- this all sounds so awful, so sorry to hear. Well done for getting 2 appointments it will be interesting to compare them both after they've seen you. Really hope you get help soon, sending you strong positive thoughts ;-) Gill
 
Thanks once again everyone!

After two appointments today - one at Royal Orthopaedic (NHS) & one at The Priory (private), it's been decided that I should stick with ROH & the original consultant that did my LTHP in October.

So, first week of April I'm due in hospital again to have another replacement. This time, he's going to split the top half of my femur, put a funnel type thing in (to hold the replacement securely), and I might also end up with a rubik cube hip - this will hopefully prevent further dislocation.

I'm still upset I've got to wait until first week in April, but it is what it is.

Thanks again everyone!
 
Glad you've got some game plan in place now Michelle....hopefully the wait will go quickly and you can be on the way to recovery and get on with your life...Chrissie xxx
 
well at least you know the plan now... but what the heck is a rubik's cube hip? I assume it's your new name for it? :what:
 
Hi, had my Pre Op now & all good for 1st April :-0
The rubik cube thing (I don't know if it's the real name), but basically it's not quite as spherical as the normal hip joint --- it should be 'non-dislocating'!
More good news, it is very likely that I will be able to go on holiday towards the end of May (I was concerned that it would be too soon after major surgery), but for a flight less than 4 hours, they seem ok with :-)
 
Glad the pre op went well and you can look forward to your non dislocating hip and a well deserved holiday! X
 
:-( I'm in agony today --- I think I've tried to make the most of my last weekend with the kids before my op on Tuesday & clearly I've overdone it :-(
Just today & tomorrow to get through & then I'm back in for another hip-op --- I need it so badly now, just cannot carry in like this. It's mad to be excited about it isn't it??
 
OMG @Michelle1976 I'm so sorry to hear about all your problems....I'm just trying to catch up with everyone now.

I think it's disgraceful that you were sent home twice and have had to wait for the surgery....I'm so glad to find your surgery is happening on Tuesday

I must say that for all my own complications that my DR has been accessible at all times..even when Overseas and said he would make a day suited me to do the surgery. I say now that when something goes wrong, you find out how good your surgeon really is! They have a duty of care to fix your problem.

I really hope that this is the beginning of a new start with no dislocations.....

You are in my thoughts. Good luck for Tuesday and keep your spirits up

Xxxxx
 
I hope things go smoothly for you michelle, and that your vacation in may works out and is wonderful. thinking of you
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom