THR DallasSarah post op update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Chef,

Yes thanks...I'm happy that the scar has naturally mushed back into the original scar and really it looks no different at this point.

I know the work thing mmmmmm.......I don't play the lottery though!! In the big scheme of things I have a good gig.....I'll be like Sandy with the counting down to retirement LOL which right now seems to far away.

Hope you are well?

All the best,

Sarah
 
Sarah, your scar looks really good. Even though I'm not a vain person, I don't relish the idea of having a long scar down my leg ... but your's looks like it's fading very nicely. I'll settle for one like your's for sure.

The more I read about you and Buffi and attempts to return to work the more I'm glad I've decided to stay out at least 8 weeks. I can have more if I want ... and if I can afford to stay out longer. Depends on how I'm feeling. I guess I won't know until the time comes.

Have a great day!

Dorothy
 
Sarah, your scar is impressive! I have one more steri strip to lose and I will try to post mine!
 
Hi Sarah,

Your scar looks GREAT!!! You are lucky they just used the same one and did such a wonderful job of closing it nicely. It's normal for it to be a bit tender, pretty sure you already know that since you've had it fiddled with a few times in the past twenty years...:rolleyespink:

If you don't like the tush cush in your "office" chair, see if you like it better in a hard type of chair. I use mine in the hard wooden dining room chair that I sit in most frequently.

Sounds like you and Miles are getting along just great! Keep up the good work, are you feeling more confident as your days go by and you are out and about more?

Take care,
Cardie
 
YoooooHooooo y'all.... said in my fake Texas accent hehehe!

Hi Cardie,

I do like the tush cushion, it was tough to appreicate the first day because regardless sitting upright creates that stiffness, while sitting though it definitely creates better support and much more comfortable. My desk chair is not a traditional office chair it's probably the same as a kitchen wooden chair but has a very high back. I had the plush office chairs before and found them uncomfortable. I've done better this week at getting up more and stretching out.

My 4pm walk with Miles is doing me the world of good, I was tired yesterday doing it, kept going and today felt tons better. I think by the time I get to this weekend when i recap what I've done I will be super happy with results!

YES my confidence outside is good! Thinking back just a few weeks ago I was saying how I lacked confidence. Even the last couple of days walking in the rain, I know it's not snow or ice (that would terrify me) but rain spots can get slippery.....no worries though I feel very sure footed!!

Next time I'm run out to store I'm going to pick up some "raw coco butter" in the block form, the type you scape and it melts on skin. I used this before on hip scare, plus I have a pretty decent scar across my right knee. The Coco Butter really softened the scar and made it very flexible...maybe better word is supple?

Thanks for all the support..as always it's appreciated!

xxooxx
 
Sarah, glad to hear you are adjusting to your office! Sounds like the walks with Miles are paying off!
 
Sarah - You are doing so well. I'm proud of your for getting out in this rain too, I've stayed inside the last few days and it's not been so good for me. The dogs are restless and so am I. I'm ready for the rain to be done down here!

Take care! xoxo
 
Ha.....thank you! The rain doesn't bother me, the snow or if we have one of our famous ice storms Noooooo way I have my back up Jack to get him out then.

We are all doing so well...it's great!!
 
Calling Sarah!!! (and can't forget Miles :)

Just checking in with everyone.. You sound fantastic, amazing isn't it how suddenly life just takes over and like Anita says we forget we have a new hip..

Thanks for the wake call on my thread, I was waiting until my day off.. I am really enjoying the mental stimulation of being back at work.. The little work gatherings, chats and joking around desks, I didn't realize how much I had missed it.. But glad I didn't go back sooner. Owe you an email - soon xx
 
Hi Sarah, so glad you are really getting back into the swing of things at work. Just keep getting up regularly and doing easy stretches. I still have a problem sitting for long periods. Our bodies are just not meant to do that!

Take care and please do keep us updated!
 
Oh yes, Jaycey.... We find a comfy position and just don't want to move.. It's hard to have the discipline and motivation isn't it?
 
Ha......I'm so ready to stop for the day!

Sandy, Miles is laying right next to me also thinking mmmmm it's time to stop this work thing, let's go for a walk now please!!

Happy Friday everyone!
 
Happy Friday again.......

Made it through my first full week at work (home office) I totally admire and respect my fellow hipsters who have returned to work and also have to get dressed formally, along with a commute!

The tush cushion was worth the investment, definitely softened my bum and the stiffness did get easier as the week went on.

Walked everyday the long route over a mile at 4pm with Miles a couple of times I was tempted to do a quick pee pee walk, however that probably was my biggest goal this week was to stick to the long walk knowing it would help me stretch out. It has paid off I'm laughing this evening when we went out I suddenly caught myself thinking WOW I have a new hip it was the funniest feeling, knowing it is a pretty large piece of equipment holding me up hahahahaha! It felt good too. Don't panic there is no way of feeling it literally it's just a feeling well DUH its a fact! I'm limping slighty, however the one thing I have felt since the day of the surgery is completely safe, stable and secure with this new gadget now that's important. I feel my limp could me gone in the next few weeks, odd thing to share.....I just know!

Here's my icky confession, I feel like I've gained 15 maybe 20lbs not quite sure luckily I don't have a scale....oooooo I feel it though. Shame because I had dropped 35lbs before surgery. Time to get back into a better eating routine, this weekend going to stock up with my healthy veggies etc and dump the yummy carbs, starches. It's a catch 22 love the idea of a thick slice of French bread, thick butter and marmalade...or a big ol chunk of cheddar cheese at the time it's good, however eating this way for 6 weeks I can feel the difference and not just in my weight, sluggish...plus I feel puffy. Enough of this.....

I splurged and treated myself to this very clever little gadget called the fitbit it's a fancy pedometer that is wireless and saves, downloads all my activity, walking, steps, plus has a sleep tracker it's very cool. Plus a great website where I can log my activity basically it syncs up to the website. Little extravagant nice way to track the miles. Sooooo watch out walking here we come :)

Happy healing everyone!!

xxooxx
 
Hi Sarah!
So happy you made it through the week!
That is so amazing!
I am back and enjoying the human contact as well...

My Calves are always sore and feel weird because I am on my feet and moving during the day quite a bit.

Peace, Love, & Prayers to your Healing!
Laura P.
 
Oh yes, Jaycey.... We find a comfy position and just don't want to move.. It's hard to have the discipline and motivation isn't it?

Yup - I am the worst for saying "I'll do a bit more and then get up". An hour later I still haven't moved! :secretaea:

Sarah please don't worry about your weight gain. It happened to most of us. About 3 months post-op I suddenly dropped about 14 lbs. No change in eating and nothing medical wrong. I truly think it was being more mobile.

Congrats on completing the first week of work. A major milestone! :thumb:
 
Hiya Sarah and Miles

Well done, a whole week, full time... as well as running errands, walking our special puppy dog four times a day. That is a huge milestone to celebrate.

It's funny, I have been craving carbs this last week, just can't get enough.. I think our bodies are telling us we need them for the extra energy.. that's my story and I am sticking to it :)

I want a fitbit... That sounds like a cool toy... I luvvvvvv toys and new gadgets. You will have to up date us as you use it. Not sure I would want the sleep tracker turned on for me because it would beep with alarms going off all the time... I sleep a lot!

Big hugs to you and Miles, don't forget to rest this weekend lol xxxx
 
Jaycey....hope you are right with the weight! I've come to far to go back, it amazes me how quickly I feel I've packed on a few pounds. I'm probably going to grab a new scale this weekend (cringe) I feel good about going back to a better eating routine. It's so true when they say you are what you eat. All those fun starches were yummy at first, now though ewwwwwwwwww!

I LOVE being able to walk and NO pain Yay! No way before the surgery would I have been able to do this kind of walking. The only time I walked this much would be at my work trade shows and basically when I got home I would be crippled up for about 3-5 weeks hobbling around, very sad! Looks like those days have passed yipeeeeee!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Xxooxx
 
Yeah! :dancy:More veggies -- Yeah! :dancy:walking with Miles -- Yeah! :dancy:tiny little electronic fitbit!!

Booooo! on that new scale -- just go with how your feel for now and don't worry about the numbers, they are overrated.... :wink1:

Have a nice weekend,
Cardie
 
I got a Fitbit for Christmas! It's been great to watch the little graph each day showing how many steps I've taken increase. We also got the scale that connects to it wirelessly (Withings is the name). if you do decide to go that way, it's a cool feature. I've been drinking a lot of smoothies and adding coconut oil to them (get at natural food store). It keeps my carb cravings down. I'll do almond milk, banana, dates, coconut oil or something like that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom