Guest viewing is limited

THR Cstreet on the other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked in a private hospital once. They had forms where we had to write down every single thing we used including the Sterets, those little square spirit dabs for cleaning the skin! I didn't stay there long!

Jo, they come in and scan bracelets here for everything they give you so I'm sure it's itemized per every last item, just now scanning instead of writing down anymore. Something isn't it??
 
Hail the 21st Century! I was trying to get bar coding in my theatre as long ago as 1980!
 
I have what I think is a small infection under my skin on my middle finger. It's hot, red, and puffed up. I have had this a few times In the past and it usually runs it's course after a few days. I was worried about it so I called the OS office and they gave me antibiotics to take just in case. I also have a little cut under my chin from shaving that puffed up a bit. Should I be worried? I feel a bit worried about it.

I also got refills on the oxycotin and percoset. The PA at my OS wants me to start spacing out the percoset more. She seems to feel at this point I should also try and get off th oxycotin.

My leg is nearly straight and that is the source of some of the pain and twitchy muscles. So I am hopeful that once I get it all stretched out the pain level drops.

I tried Tylenol with codeine last night. It makes me sleepy but after 4 hours the pain comes back and I can only take it every 6 hours. So I'm sticking with percoset for another week at least.

That's the rambling update for today :).
 
You shouldn't have any problems with those surface infections. Have you read this thread in the LIBRARY?
 
I have seen that thread. Both are under the skin not on the surface. I guess better safe than sorry. I am already taking the antibiotics now.
 
By "surface" I mean not down in the deep tissues of your body like say a uniary tract infection would be. It's fine to take the antibiotics....just take all that are prescribed.
 
cstreet, I had an infection in a finger about a month ago. Got it from a cactus sticker. I waited a couple of days and then got antibotics from my GP. As you say - better safe than sorry.
 
Constipation sucks!!! I am going to start working on tapering off the oxycotin now. I am going to work on getting down to one pill a day from the current two. And then start spacing out a day. I'm still taking the percosets for now but thats next. The pain seems under control now and I'm getting tired of being so drugged up.
 
Well first day cutting back on the oxycotin is going ok. I notice that I feel a little nasuasa when it gets close to when I take my percoset. I am thinking it's mild withdrawal from the daytime 12 hour oxy I was taking.

I'm not in pain but I do feel stiff. Do the pain meds also act as a muscle relaxant?
 
I don't think so. You are probably a bit stiff as you may be a bit more sore that you realize. That would cause you to tense up. Where are you stiff?

Try icing a bit and see if that doesn't help. It may take a few days for you to adapt. If you are having more pain that you think you should be, call back the OS and see how often you can take the percocet.

Perhaps you need to take it more often? I would ask..

Sounds like you are doing really well :thumb:...
 
cstreet, I'm going to tag Jo to see if she can advise you on the amount of meds you could take. @Josephine:

Hope things ease up!
 
Also I should mention the tightness/stiffness is in part because they lengthened my leg so my mucles are all tight. I have been working on getting my leg straight for about a month and getting really close now.
 
Have you been icing though? I foung that to really help a lot. I have been doing it even now because of my cellulitis and find it really does help...
 
It's post-op pain, cstreet. You said you are cutting back on your pain meds - this is a clear sign that it's not advisable right now.

I also noticed you said you were taking codeine and Tylenol which is a great combo of pain med and widely used in the UK for THR instead of stronger things like Percocet. But you felt it wasn't working very well. Would you tell me what dose of each you were taking and why you thought you could only take them six hourly?
 
Hi Josephone,

Oxycotin 10mg - 1 tab at night right now
Percoset 5/325 - 1 tab every 4-5 hours

And then what I don't take right now

Tylenol w/Codine #3 - was told 1-2 every 6-8 hours

Today I am feeling less tight I only cut out the oxy 2 days ago. I tried the Tylenol w/Codine a few weeks ago. Maybe I should try again but I'm trying to taper off the oxy first.
 
You still didn't tell me how much Tylenol and codeine! My guess is that you are taking one regular Tylenol and 30mg of codeine. Try taking 2 extra strength Tylenol (500mg) and 30 or even 60mg of codeine. In the UK we prescribe this every 4 hrs, not 6. It actually doesn't stay in the system as long as 6 hours so there is plenty of time for breakthrough pain to occur.
 
Sorry the codeine data was not on the bottle . I found the prescription and it's 30/300.

Does the Tylenol w/codeine work better than the percoset? I can try switching over to the codeine. I wanted to wait a couple days till I get free of the oxycotin. I already feel much better and clearer dropping the daytime oxycotin.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom