THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't know how pleased and excited I am for you right now. I want to jump for joy at your renewed outlook and perspective. Oh...I just did...on one foot, though...Tehehe! It is wonderful to hear that you are really on the mend and will only get better and better from here on! Great news, my friend!
:ok::yes!:
 
Hi Copsham,
I am sorry to hear about your painfully slow recovery.. ugh. Of course your mind is playing games with you!
Then I read further to see that you visited an elderly woman and I am sure you brightened her day.
You are my new heroine! I pledge to do this very same thing when I am post op and able to navigate. What a great way to spend my time while waiting to resume my life of work work work and play!
Hhm,, that ratio looks off. maybe I will look at ways to improve the play portion, too!

Take care, you've got this!
 
So you should CricketHip its work to live not live to work. As ever Coppers you draw on that wee seed of positivity and take it to blossoming plant. Hat off to you pal

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@copsham Good morning and welcome to another bright and sunny ( hopefully ) healing day. I just re-read a fair portion of your thread and I'm humbled by the positive attitude you've maintained through some rough times. I hope the positives keep coming for you and nothing hops in your path to slow it down.

In relation to the itching aircast, if it's removable you might want to try something I found worked in the past. I had to wear a shoulder brace for a fair while after I had it remodelled ( long story) but I lined mine with the gortex breathable lining material form an old jacket sleeve. I was throwing the jacket out so no loss to me at the time, but if you can get hold of that or something similar it might help.

Have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Keep that wonderful positive attitude up as much as you can as it will carry you through your recovery, and, as hard as it is try not to overdo things as it only sets you back.
 
Hi @copsham , I like your "Hello" sign. I sympathise with you and the cabin fever. I don't know what I'd do if I was forced to stay indoors and keep still. I'm very fidgety. I think you are doing fine and have go a lot of discipline. And your humour is great. I would probably be very grumpy - and I was - preop. Happy healing - Constanze
 
Just reading through your posts as I have been so busy back at school - now the oldest at 61! Next week I am going to see my surgeon for 12 week check up and so far so good.
I have followed your ups and downs and really appreciated your support even though you have suffered far more than most of us on here. Glad to hear that you are doing so well.
I really don't know how I would have managed over the last few months without my Internet friends on this website.
 
Hi all,
I have been away for a couple of days to historic Hull! Had a really good time, lovely to have a change of scenery but just frustrating to not be able to walk more than about 30 m without a rest. Today I did a tiny bit of gardening, a tiny bit of sorting out old papers and needless to say my hip is sore - after so little exertion. But it gives me a sense of achievement.

I put a shoe on my injured foot today for the first time in 3 months. This was a huge development but could only walk with it on for a short while. So I am going forward and have to be grateful for small things. Be kn touch soon.
 
Glad to hear you are getting a chance to do a little more now. You have had quite a " journey"! Even though I have not had the additional problems that you have had my second hip still gets a bit sore, but that is because I try to push it a bit too much! Even at 8 months post-op it still tells me that it's not all healed up.
Take care
Brenda
 
@copsham Just read your last update and saw the point about the shoe! Congratulations, I know how much that can mean after so long ( no socks for almost a year without help ), it may seem a small step but it's actually a huge one as it gives you part of normality back.

Congrats again, have a great recovery day and long may those small steps continue.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forumn
 
Putting a shoe on your injured foot for the first time in months must have felt wonderful, even if it was for only a little while. That is a good sign that you on well on your way to complete recovery, my friend. Keep up the great work!
 
Aah thanks everyone!!. Little developments can be so important as we all know. But of course I wouldn't be me if it went without a set back - yesterday evening I was sitting with laptop on my lap and I moved awkwardly and my laptop fell on to my operated foot. Ouch. it throbbed all evening but went by lunch time thank goodness just leaving a little bruise. My hip feels stiff, my back aches but I know that i will feel better when I can go swimming again.

Thanks again for the warm sentiments from every one. Hugs to all especially Crickethip getting through her first day!
 
A quick pop in to the forum ...... My hip is really aching, muscles tight and and for the first time since pre hip op it gave way. I am going to have to rest up to heal it I guess. Its confusing, my foot exercises are good for foot but put such strain on my hip.

Be in touch soon x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom