THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww @copsham. That is so sweet about your husband. I'm assuming you are saying the change is a good thing and if that's the case, that is wonderful. My husband is also extremely supportive along with being very protective. Even though I've been given the all clear to drive, he won't let me go anywhere without him. Take care girl and continue with your good recovery.
 
Oh @Nana757 you are lovely, picking up the positives where ever they are scattered.

Interesting I saw a different physio this morning and like the previous one was, she was amazed at my healing (of my foot). I am apparently quite advanced in my healing by comparison with the norm. I told her about following and relating the Bonesmart approach to my foot. That is resting icing and elevating , being aware of nutrition, in addition taking calcium and magnesium, symphytum, and vit C etc. She raised an eyebrow in return.

I can tell that I am getting back to normal. I planted some kale seeds a few weeks ago and have just potted them on - healthy greens though out the winter hopefully. Having said that , after my physio appt feeling very positive, I went for a walk and surprised myself as to how little I could walk. So will have to build up slowly.

 
It's funny that you, too, mention BS site to "outsiders". I do the same thing. In fact, the 2 weeks I was at the rehab center, I told everyone about it. I was actually bragging about the site. Some said they would have to check it out and others just kind of ignored me and/or rolled their eyes. They certainly don't know what they are missing!
Oh yea...the walk...I took my first long walk yesterday and came up my 17 stairs and was amazed how much it wiped me out...but boy, did I sleep good last night. I know I need to build up my stamina now, more than ever. Going to PT should help with that.
Continue with your good progress, girl! And that fresh kale sounds yummy!
 
Hi @Nana757 I am progressing well but sometimes I am still amazed at what I can't do. I also think back to three years ago and think what I was doing at work, what holidays i went on and can only wish to get back to that. I allow myself a little wallow and then pick myself up and am grateful for the progress that I have made.... and the kale will be yummy if it gets past the 2" seedling stage!
 
Life has so many twists and turns and all we can do is go with the flow and make the best of it. And, it seems like that is exactly what you are doing. :)
 
Glad to hear that you are doing well, copsham. It's good that you are applying the bonesmart mantras to your foot, as well. They're very sensible. I think being out in nature really helps, too. It's nice that you have your hubby to help, too.
 
Tut kale have feelings too that knows. Chortle now Coppers remember they who look back walk into a lampost. Look forward to what you will do with new experiences and places to go.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Its great your foot is doing so well. Am really pleased for you and am sure you will get to do all the things you did before. Sometimes it feels so far away, but before you know it, you will be doing it .

Keep smiling x x
 
Dearest Copsham~ how lovely to read that you are gaining back independence and going out with friends! Hubby must be so relieved to see you up and active. Isn't it amazing the little things in life that we took for granted before all of this fell on our lives?! Your joy will be so much deeper and your happiness so much fuller now that you know you survived the bad stuff. Slow and easy dear girl! :egypdance:
 
@copsham Great to see things taking a step forwards (poor pun intended), I hope things keep progressing well for you.

Have a great recovery day & hope the Kale is growing well in spite of the lousy weather
 
Hope tha weekend was as good as the weather

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi Copsham,
Yes I found the same thing you did. Walking in the pool was not a problem although I was a little sore afterwards and needed to take a couple of Panadol when I arrived home. I also found I had to be very cautious around the wet areas in the pool and particularly in the change rooms. It was also hard to get dressed without dangling the undies and tracksuit pants on the wet floor. I have also decided to leave the pool until a later stage.
 
Hi all
I was quite proud of my new found patience 2-3 months post hip op .... but where did it go?

@Grannyhippy your description of the swimming expedition sums it all up! Just noticed you are in Sydney. I was due to be there this week. We had planned the trip from Perth to Sydney this week and meeting friends in Brisbane, on a once in a life time trip but my fall/broken foot meant we have had to put it off til next year.

I find I am now thinking what to do today ..... going to do one of my meditation tapes ... as I feel an over do it day coming on!
 
@copsham Enjoy the chill out time. My personal favourite is Chopin for both thinking time and mental chill out. Seems a lot of us are getting into the swing of on and off days, hope it works for you today. It's a down day for me as well, let the slothness begin

Have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Aye rest lass as I'm sure you will have a new project to fulfill.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Copsham you are so funny with your over do it days. I wish I had your energy. A meditation tape sounds like a good idea. It is a shame you broke your foot and had to delay your trip down under. Hope you enjoy it when you come here next year.
 
@copsham
Just read through your thread and Oh My Gosh!! What a story! So sorry you had to go through a rare foot fracture and surgery so soon after hip surgery. A nightmare for any and all of us! looking forward to reading about your progress and about any upcoming, well deserved vacations! You've got this!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@copsham
Just want to say hello. I think you're doing very well with your foot recovery. You sound very positive and that helps. I read about your grandson starting school and singing that song about the world and making the remark about it being for children. I thing your grandson is very nice. He must be very intelligent. School has started this week in Germany as well. I don't have any grandchildren (yet). And when my daughters were the age of your grandson - that was decades ago and we had fun together. We need more children to brighten up our lives. Hugs - Constanze
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom