THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My "urgent " physio appt is in 10 days time! I will try Amazon.
 
Light at the end of your tunnel...so pleased for you @copsham
I got heel lifts from the podiatrist at the hospital ....hope your hip behaves itself! Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Light at the end of your tunnel...so pleased for you @copsham
I got heel lifts from the podiatrist at the hospital ....hope your hip behaves itself! Chrissie x
Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Hi Hoppy Nanny
Advice from my hospital was buy a pair of healed shoe's. I didn't realise why they were suggesting this, thought they were making conversation, until a day later and i was sore and limping. No offer of heel lifts and I did not know to ask for them!
 
Hi @copsham, you know I completely forgot to say to you, THANK YOU for all the support you have given to me, and other hippies, even though there were times you were down in the dumps. I am so glad you can move forward, so to speak, with your recovery.

Did you manage to get some heel lifts or are you going to try a shoe with a heel?

How have things, hip and foot wise, been today?

Xx
 
@Legin thank goodness for Amazon and thanks for your advice !

@Nana757 and @Tweefishy I have been a little bit active today, baked a cake and trimmed a hedge. I know i am going to have to hold back from over doing it in days to come.
 
Hi @Suzette
I was just looking for your thread when you popped up on mine! I am glad you are getting a few hours of sleep, you sound like you are managing the tablets very sensibly. I am sleeping okay about 5-6 hours which is a luxury for me!

I had great support from the BS forum when I was new with my hip in Jan 15. It is amazing how little I knew at the beginning and what a steep learning curve. Like many I had a rollercoaster ride and began giving as well receiving support as time went on. The end result is a successful hip replacement despite other hiccoughs! Look after yourself.
 
Hi copsham glad to hear the hip op went ok sorry to hear you aren't getting much sleep, hopefully will get better very soon and you will get a better nights sleep.

Billy
 
Hi @copsham, haven't been on here for a few weeks, and have just caught up with your posts over that time. A rollercoaster for you, and now you're (almost) released into the wild! Great idea to prop your other foot up to the same height, you sound like you're doing really well with your repaired foot already. And you keep encouraging the rest of us while putting up with problems that would have most of us hiding under the duvet all day. x
 
Glad to hear you are back to some activity @copsham. I know you've been chomping at the bit in recent weeks. It's only going to get better from here on out. Slow and easy does it! Take care dear.
 
Slow and easy is the recipe for the moment. What a lengthy ordeal. For the first time in several years when I am in bed I can toss and turn. What crazy things feel like freedom. I then wake up thinking i have damaged my left hip or my right foot, it takes some getting used to. Happy Bank Holiday weekend to everyone in the UK and beyond.
 
@copsham Hi, I haven't popped onto your thread in a while, it's great to see how things are progressing for you and you're even getting sleep! Not to mention the freedom to knot and twist the bed clothes again. I hope things keep going well for you.

Have a great recovery day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[QUOTE="Grannyhippy, post: 819277, member: 19583"
Copsham. I would be a little cautious about swimming without checking with your doctor first. Walking in chest high water is OK though. The water offers resistance without full weight bearing. This tones the muscles. I used to walk in the pool before and after my back surgery in 2008 and my husband used to visit the pool after his knee replacement in 2012.
[/QUOTE]

Yes you are right about this. My doctor said yes to swimming. I was really wanting to go but at the same time nervous. I went swimming today with a friend. I was very careful but decided i will not go again until I am stronger. My hip was absolutely fine but my foot in aircast boot was not - too wobbly and dangerous from changing rooms to poolside. So I will wait a few weeks then try again.

When I went out with a friend today, i realised that this was the first time out without my husband in 9.5 weeks. I have never been so dependent in my whole life. He is so supportive to me but what a change in our relationship!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom