THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a lot of good suggestions from wonderful people!!

@AndyH99 I think I will have to keep on track with lots of comedies. At least I can loose myself in the silliness and laugh. I will look at the light bulbs you mention on the internet. South Park!! Made me laugh at this suggestion - I watched one episode of the cartoon not realising it was an "adult cartoon" with my son when he was small!

@Legin the spirit level has definitely risen! My problem with the garden though is that we are in the middle of a hill so really difficult at the moment. Believe me I would if I could. Having said that I worked out at lunch time how to get out on to the patio - using my knee scooter down each step. It was safe but i am sure that a physio would have heart attack! At least that is a start to better things

@Nana757 thanks for the suggestion I need to look at bulbs/vit D for myself but also for my mother who has dementia and rarely goes out. Yes 17 days to my appointment (there is a risk I will have another 4 weeks non weight bearing ) should then be partial weight bearing for 6 weeks followed by "physio directed" full weight bearing for 6 weeks. it will soon be Christmas at this rate.

Thank you my lovely friends for the support I have received on this downward blip - now on the rise!
[Bonesmart.org] copsham's recovery thread
 
I am hoping that you make speedy progress and get full weight bearing ASAP. I have read that Vit B and folic acid are the only proven support for dementia in addition to exercise. All the best to you Copsham. You are amazing!
 
Oh sweetie...I so hope for the best scenario for you. But I know you are strong and will manage with whatever comes your way.
 
A hug yayyyy I'm a hugaholic. Coppers no need for thanks you are always there for so many its grand you feel secure enough to open up. Always here for ya lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi all I think my mini crisis got me over a hump. I felt more "me" today. Not feeling that I was loosing the plot. Still feel emotional, tears well up easily about posts that are not really that emotional. The funniest thing is learning that silly TV comedy helped me turn a corner. I have ordered some glass mosaic work to do, not quite marquetry but something different. Tomorrow I am going to plant some black kale seed indoors. I bought the seeds the day before I broke my foot. I might get some small leaves of kale before the weather changes but it is a bit late.

I just thought how lucky I am to have had my hip done so that i am part of the Bonesmart gang... lucky to have had my hip done .... I never thought I would say that!

I remember some one in my early hip days saying recovery is a real journey. It certainly is.

X
 
I'm so happy to see that you are feeling better. Sometimes it's the most unexpected thing that makes the biggest difference. No rhyme or reason for life's events. It's all a mystery to me...but I learned a long time ago to just roll with the punches. Better days are ahead my friend.
 
I am so glad you are feeling better, and let me know how the glass mosaic goes, that sounds interesting, keep smiling xx
 
Sunshine today in more ways than one. We had a brilliant sunset. Writing that just reminded me that tonight is the beginning of the perseid showers (shooting stars) in northern hemisphere. Whoops I was just going to get up to have a look as if i could walk with out my frame, had to remind myself....... didn't see any though.
 
We see the perseids here in Canada too....if the clouds pass. This journey is a bumpy hilly one - after feeling rotten for a week today I felt good and biked for an hour. We just have to say "This too will pass." I had a teacher colleague who would say that whenever some new radical teaching method came in. :heehee:
You are smart to get some projects on the go. Good luck with the kale.
Diane
 
I had a wee look as well but alas all I saw was clouds. Good luck in the wee projects lass. I downloaded a new game, brain it on. A physics and maths game v addictive and infuriating.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Strangely enough I was looking out for the shower as well & sadly saw nothing as well, I'll have to wait to see if an astronomy addict friend of mine got any shots from down Dartmoor way.

I hope the positive mindset is continuing today and the mini projects are proving interesting. I took note from one of your posts and threw my clock away on the sleep front until things are back approaching normal, it's paying off already.

Have a great day


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@AndyH99 An addendum - when I was not sleeping at 1am I made my way in wheelchair to our front windows which have amazing views of the surrounding countryside - Chilterns. It was a really stary night, so sat with no lights on, feeling grateful for the opportunity. After a few minutes I saw a tiny flash out of the corner of my eye which I think was a meteor but was too quick and gone, just above Orion. There is one advantage to not sleeping!

@Legin May be tonight - might see some? Hope your cloud clears up. I think there are several more nights of the perseid showers.

I certainly feel better in my self - husband noticed that I "seem brighter" I got out my glass mosaic yesterday afternoon but fell asleep reading the instructions oh well - later.

@Granny Di I planted my kale seeds indoors yesterday evening. Then reading about the health giving properties, read that if eaten in excess (i.e. green juices) they can give you kidney stones, so will just have to have as a green veg 2-3 times a week.

So what does today bring?
 
Hi Copsham,
I googled the Chilterns today. Seems like a great hilly areas with cycle and walking routes in south-east England. My in-laws are from Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, not all that far away from that. 11 years ago, we stayed in a country hotel called Moremill at Radlet which is picturesque - an old mill, a stream with ducks.... and we went cycling in the surroundings.

It's been similar with the sky in the Rhine-Main area - another heatwave but sky not really clear and we've had a few thunderstorms.

I'll keep our fingers crossed that it won't be all overcast in England, Germany, Canada, so we can see some shooting stars.

All the best for your legs! - Constanze
 
When all else fails, try 2 benadryll. Melatonin is also great for getting normal sleep patterns back and without the groggy side effects of sleeping aides.
You're doing great under the circumstances hon! Go easy on yourself.


RTHR, posterior, 15JUN2015
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom