THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straps ... sticks ... round neck ... don't fall .. get tangled!! No don't .. get mobile.
 
Hi @Constanze
Good to hear from you. I agree I did not get bored in hip recovery partly because, with little blips, we were always going forward. Now I am waiting just waiting for the say so to bear weight again. I am not exactly bored but just fed up with waiting and waiting. In my hip recovery I worked out every detail of my Australian trip, I felt like I was already there. My books at home, books I have not yet read, are great for good times but not when I am down. Still things will get better. I will bounce back. x
 
Hi @copsham I am so sorry that you feel down, it must be vile not being able to move about freely, put your foot down and feeling trapped, I do hope things improve for you and lets hope the days you are counting go quickly, and they better not say more time with weight off.

Trouble is, when you get down , it's really tricky to get back up again, but you will, honest. I have about a 1000 books on my kindle and I have read 2, I just cant get into that reading a book mood. I even bought 3 more books I want to read and I cant be bothered to read those either....can you get out in the sunshine or are you totally stuck in the house? I always find a bit of sunshine helps me out when I go down in one of my fed up moods.

Have spent the day trying to work out what to do with this bursitis , and prepping my head into getting into that work mode , of getting up going to the office....!! Seriously not looking forward to it, so I am going to pop and see them tomorrow, but now I keep thinking, I will stay in bed instead and not go. I will force myself...oh no, I have pinched your thread to moan on!! Whoops...I think I need to sit in the garden .....Let's hope we can both sit in the garden in the sunshine...I hope it sunshines then !!

loads of love and kisses xxx
 
Hi @Suzette Thanks for your thoughtful post. I wish i could sit in the sun. Apart from anything else, having not been out except to medical appointments, how quickly do we loose Vit D? Last week I was trying to sit with the window open with a chair in the right position to catch the sun. By the time I got organised the sun had gone behind a cloud.

Your bursitis sounds really draining, that plus the prospect of work looming ahead is tedious - makes me thinks why am i moaning?!

I am going to put the laptop to sleep shortly so that i can try an get some sleep myself - now 1am. Suzette thanks for your support, my nighttime Bonesmart buddy! x
 
Night night @copsham ..xx Fingers crossed you get that chair in the sunshine. I love the feeling of sun heat through glass with eyes closed and the brightness through the eyelids..., not good if driving though :SUNsmile:. You are allowed to moan, you really are, its good to moan xxx:flwrysmile:
 
@copsham I hope tonight the frustration was less. Maybe a glass of wine was in order. Sending love and support from a hippie far away. Xo
 
@copsham hang in there, we are getting so close to having more freedom. I am at 4.5 weeks touchdown weight bearing and my patience is running thin. I am not supposed to put full weight down until I see the surgeon and that will be at 7 weeks. I am trying really hard to followvthevrules so there are no more setbacks, but it is hard. I thought I would do a ton of reading during this time but just can't seem to concentrate.

Love your shower story. I did something similar when I forgot to wrap my wound and then realized I had left my stocking on. I did not even try to get it off, just considered it washed.
 
Oh coppers I really hope you manage to get the vitamin D intake sorted. Intact I'm hoping this quiet period from you is because you are geting some sun. Another day done and dusted another day closer to freedom for you. Take care pal.


Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi all
Thanks for your lovely sentiments, makes me feel good! I had five and a half hours sleep last night which is good for me and 2 hours this afternoon .... taking the advice of - "throw away the clock and sleep when you need"
I have got to hold on for two and a half weeks until my appointment, hopefully cast off and on to partial weight bearing.

After yesterdays blip I feel a bit more creative today. Thank goodness. All so much appreciated. x
 
Hello @Susie4034
I am amazed at how the non weight bearing is SO horrible. Did not expect it all all. How long have you been NWB? Certainly for different reasons we have big incentives to stick with the rules! Our countdowns begin!
 
Hi Nana757 A lot better now - thanks for asking! I have been watching some comedy on You tube - Father Ted then Mrs Brown and her sons. Slapstick humour quite crude and childish but it made me laugh so allowed myself the stupidity. I think I have been getting too serious in my non weight bearing weeks!. I will pop over to you thread now -
 
Hi @copsham
Sorry I have not commented on your thread in weeks, but when I have had a chance I try to read what is happening with you. I am so sorry about your foot, what a setback both physically and mentally for you, and not being able to go on your trip is just awful, but you have been dealing with it amazingly, I really admire your ability to adapt!
I have been busy between home and the "lake". I come home and deal with garden stuff.... Raspberries picked and fruit preserved and jam made. Now the peas and beans are needing to be dealt with, and next week the cucumbers will be ready to be picked for pickles and relish.
At the lake I have been doing lots of swimming and hiking which is really helping to build the muscles back up. I still have some issues with my iliopsoas muscle on my left side, but that is minor compared to where I was at this time last year!
Take care
Brenda
 
Hi @NuMe2014
Good to hear from you. You sound so busy with your fruit and veg! Last year, in my new house I intended planting raspberries, gooseberries, broccoli etc but didn't because my hip was at its worse pre op. This year i didn't because of my new hip opfollowed by broken foot. I hope 2016 will be the year of getting started. Despite all this my hip has been successful - we have both been lucky in that regard. Is there any answer to your iliopsoas muscle or is it just fine that heals?

I have the image of you sitting in your recliner doing little but taking pain meds one summer then the next summer following two hip surgeries, you are up and about swimming, walking and gardening. It really is remarkable. Lucky we are not in victorian times!
 
@copsham I getting the feeling that you've got a handle on the grind, or at least getting there. If you start running low on series there is always Red Dwarf. Southpark, Fringe and never forgetting the classics like Monty Python, Spike Milligan and maybe Never mind the Buzzcocks.

On another line, you mentioned sunlight and vit-d, have you considered the natural daylight bulbs for indoors? My wife has had problems in this area and whilst I was a skeptic on the efficacy of the bulbs they actually appear to work.

Have a great day, many laughs and lots of snoozes.
 
Good to see a rise on the spirit level. Are you totally unable to get to the garden. When I was not allowed to put foot on ground after achilies opp I would park ma bottom on the ground and weed borders, you would need help poss in getting back up. Another grand series to chortle at is Yes minister and Yes PM.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hey @copsham. Hope you are well today. I just love watching silly comedies and will have to check out the ones you mentioned. My channel of choice is HGTV though, followed by golf. But they don't have the golf channel here at the rehab center. @AndyH99 mentioned the daylight light bulbs. I swear by them. When I broke my foot a couple a of years ago, I started taking vitamin D3 supplements. I take 5000-10000 iu's a day and feel so much better. Funny thing happened when I started taking them though. Ever since I was a young adult, I suffered with leg and foot cramps daily (especially when it was cold). Not any more! They have disappeared!
Once you are able to start weight bearing, you'll be amazed how fast you will progress and you are so close now. Hang in there!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom