Guest viewing is limited

THR copsham's recovery thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a chocolate Boston Terrier . Her name is Beatrice...Bea for short ! She sticks by me like glue. She is extremely happy I'm home all the time now!
 
Oh she looks just like a french bulldog..how similar they are. Our frenchie is Arnie, and he sticks to me like glue too, am a bit worried he will be all sad when I go back to work.

Atached is Arnie, with his bone that he just carries around a lot, and gives to me when I am on a downer.

hope you are doing ok and sleep arrives later.....
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] copsham's recovery thread
    20150725_215641_resized_2.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 196
Girls, PLEASE throw away your clocks! Sleep when your body can and don't fret over a lack of routine! Day, night, rain, shine, you have one mission---taking care of that hip! Ice. Rest. Elevate. Take your pain meds timely. It won't be long before your schedule straightens out! That's the beauty of this forum! Someone is always awake.....love you all!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope you managed some sleep, but beachgirl is right there is no agenda to sleep just take it as it comes.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Oh boy am I fed up!
The Context
I am 6/7 months post left hip op, slowish but successful recovery. I was just appreciating the success when, a 4 months post op, I fell down two stairs and broke/displaced various ligaments and bone in right foot. I had surgery to put in screws, plates and a sort of string to hold it all together. For six weeks I have been in a plaster cast and totally non weight bearing. Being totally non weight bearing puts extra strain on left operated hip and for obvious reasons I am desperate not to harm my lovely operated hip. I am doing stretching and gentle exercises to support it.


The crunch
I am fed up. I am tearful. I have another 18 days of non weight bearing which feels like eternity. Depending on assessment I may have another 4 weeks non weight bearing on top of that or may not. I just feel gloomy which is not my usual self. I know it will pass but wanted to tell you how I feel.
Thanks for listening x

 
Always here for you my friend. I know how these setbacks are so deabilitating not only in restricted movement but the enforced solitude, even thou there are people around us its the solitude of restricted movement. The end is in sight The other day I watched an old episode of Father Ted. Every program is on 4 od. I chortled all the way thru. Big hugs awww go on.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I can sympathise @copsham , even though I work in IT I spend/spent a large majority of it on my feet, dealing with problems, designs, challenges etc. I'm "only" restricted by my bilateral recovery, but 4 wall syndrome is driving me crazy, hell I can't even sit at any of my computers for longer than 5 mins atm. The only way I am even partially coping is through crafting, I'm abusing Amazon and trying every new craft I can and I'm currently hooked on leather working. The main reason for me is that focusing on that allows me to put my mind elsewhere and focus solely on what I'm creating. It might not work for you at all but never hurts to suggest. Past things I've tried so far have been basket weaving, watercolour painting, card making (my wife's the expert on this) and I have a plan to try leather carving and maybe some small scale marquetry. Anyhow, good luck cracking that hurdle, I know books and TV can only go so far, but I'm sure you'll find that missing link to keep your mind active.
 
Hi @Legin Thanks for your sentiments - you always manage to pitch yourself at the right level for me!

You know what I am going to watch a father ted oldie. I have a relative who is quite "lah di dah" she told me about father ted. When I teased her about watching it she denied she had ever recommended it.

Sounds like there is a poem to be written by you called "The ode to solitude of restricted movement"

You are much appreciated in my hour of need @Legin.
 
I now feel stupid (I tell others not to say they are stupid but I feel it!!)

I manoeuvred toward the shower on my knee walker. The knee walker got stuck between the shower cubicle and the bath. I climbed in to the shower cubicle (15cm step felt like climbing) and sat on the plastic garden chair. Held the hand held shower away from me turned on the water to let it run warm. Then I realised my plaster cast needed the black bag over it - sorted - then realised I still had my compression stocking on - battle to get that off - sorted - showered all over the floor - closed the shower door - sorted - saw the plastic garden chair was splaying its legs - like a giraffe - slowly extracted myself from the shower. What an ordeal!

I know I will feel better soon but at the moment I am inviting you to my pity party BUT before you get here it will change to a fun party Whoopee!
 
Hi @AndyH99
Your post helped me sort out some of my ideas. I have been doing some craft type things but the ones i have done only seem to reinforce the image of being stuck and not my usual self eg got some adult colouring books and after one very beautiful picture thought what the .... am I doing this for. Same with some felt work. This is so not me or the image i have of me. I feel like I am the little 100 yrs old lady before my time. Something like marquetry or something like that sounds more "up my street" will stretch me more .... Amazon here I come.

So four wall syndrome is what i am suffering with and a bit solitude of restricted movement thrown in to. All makes sense.

Thank you so much for your post!
 
Chortle at ode, unfortunately the first thought that came to mind was,
as I sit here on my camode I became jealous of a toad.
He spritley hopped from road to road, how I wish I was that toad.
He had no ties to hold him down, and he often acted the clown, oh how I wish I was that toad. But alas he never knew his green cross code and as he crossed the road he wished he was me on my camode.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I laughed out loud!! Quite an achievement given my gloom and tears just a short while ago!
 
Hi @copsham , hope you're feeling better now. I liked your shower story. I recognised myself in it. I do funny things like that even when I'm not injured or in pain or otherwise impaired: I do all kinds of peculiar things with my front-door keys, smartphone, laptop, bicycle. Above all, I constantly mislay them, and I often stammer und stutter and have difficulty in expressing myself. My poor hubby gets exasperated.

About being confined to your house: If you're not the craft type, you can always read a good book, or a magazine. I always have to work or do exercise, so I never get around to reading. I assured everyone that I would not be bored during recovery, and I actually wasn't. I read all the books I had started and not finished. All the best - Constanze
 
@copsham
I am so sorry you are feeling so blue. Please know that my prayers are being sent your way. I know the struggles of trying to get in and out of the shower, with the knee walker and chair. But you have a cast on your foot which adds to the complication of what should be a relaxing task. There is an end in sight and you have done so well. Keep up the positive thoughts. We are all here for you. I hope your today is better than yesterday and tomorrow is better than day...

@Legin
You are too funny. Had a mental image of that poor little frog. Today's chuckle....thank you.
 
Thank you @Nana757 so much appreciate your support. What I love is the way we can change roles - supporter and supported X
 
@copsham
You are absolutely correct. But I've been a little absent in my supporting role lately. Guess there's no Emmy or Oscar in my future. Here's to better days for us all :cheers:
 
All I can say is welcome to the party, been feeling a little sorry for myself since the mishap this morning. Whilst painful I'm sadly happy to hear that I may not be the only one playing the muppet theme tune in their head as they play back their actions :heehee:

As for useful stuff, when I move next I may get the stuff together to try and make some straps for my sticks and a hang round the neck bag for when I'm mobile.

The inner poet thing gives me an idea as well, I may take a stab when more lucid. Thank you
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom