Hi
@Marvy
I'm so sorry for all of your pain and struggles in seeking answers and resolution.
This has to be maddening.
I feel it's difficult for our spouses / significant others to relate to our pain and limitations.
In most cases as our world gets smaller, it negatively affects them also. At least it did in my situation.
I began declining invitations due to my limitations. I never really felt much in the mood to socialize. I was always concerned about the length of the drive, were stairs involved / how many, what if I became miserable shortly after arriving, the list went on. I'm sure many here can relate. So basically our partners are forced to give up things due to our pain and limitations.
It's also difficult to helplessly watch a loved one struggle with pain, unable to help.
Ultimately it's your decision what you do with your body. Consider limiting hip related conversations with your spouse unless absolutely necessary, or until you formulate a definite plan. Being in pain makes it difficult to live life freely and sadly at times our pain can become our main focus.
All I can offer is prayer for pain relief, your marital relationship surviving all, comfort, answers, resolution.
Hopefully you can gain some relief long enough to enjoy the holiday weekend with loved ones.
Wishing you a :merry christmas: and a happy healthy 2018!