Revision THR Constant pain continuing 1 year after THR<^

It seems to line up with the rectus femoris, just a guess, of course.

I know @CricketHip said she had some issues with this muscle also....
Sure wish all was smoother for you right now @Marvy :console2:
 
Hmm, I actually thought mine was more of a Psoas issue and possibly some Rectus F. issues thrown in but @Marvy , yours sounds different than what I had.
Hopefully it's still a soft tissue issue, but I agree with the others that it's time to get your OS or other Physicians on board for a diagnosis.

Good luck pursuing this and please keep us updated?
 
@Marvy - it was great to see you checking in on others, but it left me wondering how you are doing. Stop by and let us know how thinks shook out on the shin and the hip! Hope you're doing well and staying safe!
 
Well, it's been a long time since I've been here, so thought I'd pop in with an update.

My hip is finally doing ok. Have I gotten all the strength back that I would have liked - no. But I know it could be much worse. I am able to hike some, but if I have to step up on anything "taller", I don't have the strength in my left leg so I do use something to grab on to to help.

My right knee has been doing better. No one was able to identify the cause of the pain, and I just couldn't keep trying to find a doctor to figure it out.
Now for the good part - I will probably be starting a new posting over on the shoulder forum:gaah:

I was out on a trail and ended up crashing and landing on my left shoulder. After x-rays, an MRI, PT, 2 cortisone injections and 3 surgeons (not to mention 3 months)..... Well, long story short, surgeon #3 said "well, I understand why you are in pain - you have a torn bicep, labrum and rotator cuff!!!" :headbang:
(for reference, surgeon #1 said nothing was wrong. Surgeon #2 did injections which didn't work and then said, well if it doesn't feel any better in a few months, we can do exploratory surgery)

The MRI report indicated nothing was wrong.

The bicep in his words were "think of it like a hot dog bun - it is slit and the 2 sides rubbing against each other are causing friction, which is causing you pain". So, I am scheduled for surgery on March 12. I would have liked to have it done sooner, but with schedules, etc. this was the earliest time.

He is not going to fix the labrum per se...he is going to do a bicep tenodesis where the bicep will be cut away from the insertion point and screwed into my upper arm.

I will be in a sling for "at least" 2-3 weeks - depending on what else he fixes in surgery. Then I will start PT twice a week, then back down to once a week until they can "release me into the wild" again.

The fun never ends, but for me, I wouldn't expect anything differently!

I hope everyone has a great week and here's to perfect hips --- and shoulders!
 
@Marvy - ugh! Sorry you're following me around. I did a stupid oops while benchpressing and had surgery this past March for severe rotator cuff repair, bicep tendon release (did not reattach), labrum trim, bursectomy and subacromial decompression - the works. I had to use the abductor/pillow sling for 6 weeks. I hated it at the beginning but came to see that it kept things in a comfortable position and reduced the pain.

Feel free to look thru my thread for info or any of the others over there and start a preop thread there is you have questions or want more info.

Sara
 
@Marvy So sorry you now have shoulder problems. I guess the good news is we now have a growing shoulder forum here on BoneSmart! We will be here to support you again!
 
:wave: @Marvy
Glad you are hip happy, but good grief...that shoulder sounds like it would be painful. :sigh:
Sure does seem like the MRI would've caught some of that...geez.
Will be checking the shoulder forum to see how you are...
In the meantime, stay well.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom