@Josephine - I apologize for direct tagging you, but I would appreciate your thoughts and comments on what the revision OS had to say.
I did have my appointment with the revision OS. He said that in looking at the x-rays, everything really looks good. He did review the CT images as well. He told me that in his opinion, one of the screws used in the cup is way too long. This has resulted in the tip/end of the screw to be in the "muscle belly". His suggestion was to do surgery to remove that screw. He said that since the bone has grown, he could just remove the screw (he'd actually remove both screws in the cup) and not replace them as they weren't needed at this point. He would also replace the liner with a different type (he called it a normal or neutral liner. what I have is a lateralized liner). In addition, he would also remove the head and put in an elongated head to fix the leg length discrepancy. He would not plan on replacing the stem, unless once he got in there and when he pulled on it, it pulled out without effort. So he would have a stem in the OR "just in case". If it needed to be replaced, it would be with a longer, uncemented stem.
He wasn't sure why a lateralized liner was used unless there were problems during surgery. Does this sound right? I was told that it would last a lot longer due to the extra poly in the liner.
In regards to the screw causing my pain, he did admit that he is not 100% certain that the screw removal would fix my pain. However, he had a case of a gentleman that had hamstring pain, he removed the screws and the man's pain went away. He didn't want to get my hopes up and said it was a gamble...
Other than removing the screws, he had no answers as to why I have pain. He also mentioned that my leg length discrepancy was not the cause of my pain. He will not operate solely to correct the leg length discrepancy.
He informed me that a revision has a higher chance of dislocation. I forgot to ask him if the higher dislocation chance was just during the recovery phase or for life. I hope it's just during the recovery phase.
I now have a decision to make - should I take the chance, have the surgery and at the very least, have my LLD corrected even though it may not resolve the pain?
Should I wait and try to get another opinion from someone else? Which could possibly be in January.
I really don't want another surgery, but would like to get my life back.
Thank you Josephine!!