Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

Thinking of you @danelady …hoping things are going okay for you.
 
Oh Lordy, glad I could get on here on my phone! So are you ready for the latest?
My body had a severe reaction to the antibiotic they used on me while cleaning my hip out and I went into anaphylactic shock. Luckily my anesthesiologist's keen eye notice I was swelling up! They quickly closed me up and intubated me to save my life. This was last Wednesday, they pulled the tube out on Saturday. I was not a happy camper, I actually became violent.
It's been the most horrible experience, I thought I died but got sent to Purgatory. Ya know, those Cathlic schools shoved that down my throat when I was a kid and it's still IN THERE.
Been in ICU since last Wednesday, they promised I can get out of the bed today FINALLY!
Hope you are all well. Oh, Monday the finished what they started and washed out the infection. Starving, waiting for breffass, lol
 
@danelady So good to finally hear from you. My goodness, you just can't get a break with this hip! Are you still on antibiotics?

Take care and do keep us updated. Any idea when you might go home?
 
Last edited:
@Jaycey Yup, still on antibiotics. They said since I have an acetabular component that can't come out I'll probably be on antibiotics the rest of my life.
Probably go home today or tomorrow.
 
Wow! It's time you catch a break....beyond time actually. I am so sorry to read this, but happy to hear from you and know you're okay. Been very concerned about you, danelady. I hope they bring you a breakfast you like and it hits the spot. Stay in touch when you're able, we're here for support.
 
What a nightmare, danelady! Thank God your anesthesiologist was on the ball. I'm just sick that you've had so many cruel complications.

Please take care of yourself and keep us up-to-date. So many of us worried when we didn't hear from you. I know I checked in several times a day just to see if you were in touch again and ok.

:puppysmooze::wave:
 
@danelady so happy to hear from you, we were worried and from your update seems we had good reason. Oh my goodness, hoping you get sprung soon so you can get home and rest with your sweet fur baby by your side. Sending gentle cyber hugs, good mojo and healing thoughts, hoping this nightmare soon ends for you and you can get back to enjoying your retirement! :friends:
 
I’m so sorry for all the awful things you’ve had to go through. It’s absolutely dreadful. I think you’re amazing the way you bounce back.

Sending the very best of wishes for a quick successful recovery for you x
 
Every day i opened my computer hoping to hear from you!!! So happy you are on the other side of this latest horror story. At least it sounds like you are climbing the way back to being healed!! I dont think you could possibly have anything more happen. You certainly have all of us behind you!!
 
It's good news that you're stable and will be able to go home soon. Keep in mind that this experience is going to have taken a lot out of you and you are going to need some serious rest once you get home. Your body has actually been to purgatory and back and it will thank you if you give it some time to bounce back. Please let your good neighbors and friends give you a helping hand. When you're discharged, get firm instructions from your surgeon as to how much activity you should be doing in the next couple of weeks. I'm guessing he may not want you driving for a while.
 
Yeah... what she said up there! :wink:
I want to go watch over you and make sure you're behaving!
Just kidding....kinda, lol. Glad you have a sense of humor, danelady.
 
Good grief danelady, what the heck...
I was worried when I didn't see any updates and now I realize good reason to be concerned.
Sending positive vibes and prayers that this is the last in a series of really traumatizing experiences.
 
Danelady is having some computer problems right now so it may be a while before she is able to log on to BoneSmart and post again. She sent me a short message on her phone and I am passing it on to her friends here so that you all won't worry about her.

Please feel free to continue offering support for her, as she can read your messages on her phone.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom