Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

Glad you don't have COVID, but some of these flu bugs seem to be just as bad or maybe even worse. Take care of yourself and hopefully it will turn the corner soon.
 
Thank you @Jamie, I sure will.
With my hip I found it next to impossible to sit still but this bug has me flat on my back with no desire to do ANYTHING! I guess that's good for my hip seein' how it's only been 3 weeks since my last surgery, lol.
 
@danelady and @Jamie , too. So many people here who were born in Germany or have been to Germany before.

And to Danelady: "Das freut mich aber sehr! Auch dir frohe Weihnachten!"
Your German must be pretty good then. That southern German accent is charming. I was actually brought up in Munich, not Frankfurt. Munich - great place. And the Alpes are good for skiing and hiking. I miss them at times. But I decided to be adventures after I graduated from school (took my "Abitur"), moved to Heidelberg where I did my translator's course and met my English husband, and then we both got jobs in the Rhine-Main (Frankfurt) area, that means I moved north bit by bit.

So nice to hear, you've got a dog to keep you company. And: I wish a better time, health-wise, no more pain, no COVID. Best - Constanze
 
@Constanze So you spoke hoch Deutch! Um no, I hardly remember any German, even my mother lost the ability to speak it BUT I always had a good ear and being surrounded by everything German made it easy for me to pick up the language. I was quite excited to learn I could order a beer with my Big Mac at the local McDonald's.

Let me tell ya about my adventure at Heidelberg Castle. One weekend a co-worker and I decided to take the train to Heidelberg and check out the castle. My co-worker was a gorgeous blonde haired, blue eyed Norse goddess and caught the attention of these 2 teenage boys standing off to the side of the castle's main entrance. 'Pssst' I heard. 'Pssst Pssst'. They were determined to get our attention so I said, in my heaviest NJ Italian accent...You tawkin' ta me?

They offered to show us something that most of the regular tourists didn't get to see ( or so they said). It was the escape route used by the locals when they found themselves under attack. They led us thru some heavy brush to an opening in the wall where we saw a spiral staircase that went almost straight down. The stone steps were heavily worn, almost smooth in some spots and it was pretty dark but we carefully navigated our way down. We finally saw some light and we were on the side of the castle where I guess people would quietly run for their lives! It was so freaking cool!
 
Temp went back up to 101.1
No energy, but no wheezing, coughing and no problem breathing whatsoever. My neighbor sent dinner over for me and it tasted great. I'm just very weak and hurt EVERYWHERE.
I know a full stomach will help me sleep.....nite all
 
Yay, no covid for you! But I've heard from many here that flu and RSV are the pits. And just what you need: body aches :gaah: Feel better soon. Glad you have your four-legged nurse!
 
Hi @danelady, yes indeed: My first language is Hochdeutsch. My dad never fancied it when I tried to pick up the Bavarian dialect/Munich slang.
Your Heidelberg Castle story is pretty cool, indeed:rofsign:.

I'm so sorry your temperature has gone up again and an sending you my best recovery wishes. Rest, sleep, and something healthy to eat should help you get better soon - Constanze
 
@danelady hope that fever is coming down! Sounds like a nasty bug!

I had years of Hochdeutsch lessons before moving from the US to Munich. So funny - as I didn't understand most of what was said due to the Bavarian dialect!
 
@Jaycey Oh Jaycey, this is absolutely amazing! So many connections between so many of us here!
Can you imagine what foreigners think when they learn to speak English in their home country and then come to America and visit ANY of the southern states! I gave up talking on the CB radio, unless for absolute emergencies, BECAUSE of that southern drawl....I just could never understand what they were saying, lol.

Thank you for your kind words, but I am starting to wonder that this bug could be something else...maybe.
 
Ok, new development. I am leaking profusely out of my incision, but not blood this time. This time it's an almost clear liquid with a yellowish tinge it. Everything is soaking wet, so much so that when I woke up I thought I had urinated in my sleep. I cleaned up, changed and went back to sleep, less than an hour later I was drenched again.

I'm afraid that even if the dr looks at it he still won't know where it's coming out of, just like when it was bleeding. The incision looks good and sealed so I just don't understand. I'm also wondering if this is what is causing me to feel sick. I'm going to try putting a dressing on it and I'll call the office later on.

Verdammt noch mal
 
Yes, this is concerning, danelady. Please stay in touch and let us know what they say when their office opens this morning or consider a trip to the ER.
@danelady
 
It appears I have a nice infection brewing so Doc wants me at the hospital tomorrow at 5am, surgery around 6:30. Going to clean it all out, do labs and asking infectious disease to join in the party as well, lol. He said will probably be an overnight stay.

Oofta, need to lay back down again. At least I know that by tomorrow this pain will be gone. I'm so glad I have neighbors that will spoil my dog as much as I spoil her. :puppysmooze:
 
Aww danelady, I am so sorry this continues for. you. Prayers perfect healing is on board. :prayer:
Please keep us posted, you'll be in our thoughts because we do care about you.
@danelady
 
@Jaycey Oh Jaycey, this is absolutely amazing! So many connections between so many of us here!
Can you imagine what foreigners think when they learn to speak English in their home country and then come to America and visit ANY of the southern states! I gave up talking on the CB radio, unless for absolute emergencies, BECAUSE of that southern drawl....I just could never understand what they were saying, lol.

Thank you for your kind words, but I am starting to wonder that this bug could be something else...maybe.
My cousin was born in Germany. Came "home" to SC at age 4. He took one look at our collie and called him a hund.
 
danelady,
Sorry you are back for another round of surgery.
My MIL at age 90 had an infection in her THR, they did a clean out, then she had to go to the hospital for outpatient antibiotic infusions. She did well with this treatment living to 98 years.

Sending positive thoughts your way.
 
So sorry you are back at it again. They probably know you well at that hospital. If you have to get daily IV antibiotics, they will probably put a PICC line in. That is my job here in Oregon!
Have a pain free experience and hope you get better soon!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom