Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

:xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon: Ho! Ho! Ho!
My eyelids were getting heavy then suddenly my mind was filled with the BoneSmart logo, so a quick pop to say HI!
Everything is GREAT! I figured out that the trauma that gave me the meltdown wasn't something in my distant past, it was this past year when I couldn't get any straight answers about my hip and I was fighting a losing battle trying to get it fixed.
Right now my enemy is s staph infection and everyone here is eager to tell me how I'm doing and what my goals need to be. Now THAT I can get on board with. Feeling healthy and focused. The PT and OT people have figured out I have been doing therapy all year, all I really need is that bag of vancomycin once a day.

I get books out of the activity room now for a change of pace and had a roomful of visitors last night.

Please stay safe and warm as the blizzard wreaks havoc across the country.
Thank you all....nap time. Zzz zzz
 
You sound like you are feeling better and this is wonderful news.
I hope you are able to enjoy the holiday season while in rehab. I picture you livening things up for everyone there!
 
I know they're taking good care of you and believe you'll be taking good care of you too. Merry Christmas! :plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:
Wishing you good health and much happiness in the New Year.
@danelady
 
Thank you all! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
I really enjoyed my latest visit with the dr as he explained the havoc this antibiotic is having on my system in order to kick the infection out of my system. He also began to explain how to read the bacterial count in yogurt....the kind I'm going to need, but we'll talk more about it as it gets closer to my discharge. There is a woman in my town who was going to show me how she makes yogurt, then the hip happened, but when I am better I will get the culture and attempt to make me some.

Peace, love and joy to you all!
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon: :plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:light-candles
 
Merry Christmas and the most healing of New Years to you, danelady! So glad you're being well cared for. :wreath: :snow:
 
Happy Christmas ,Vanco is a wonder drug and will kill off those little devils and get you feeling better. Yogurt is good to make, you just get a little bit from someone else and before you know it you will have masses and you will be thinking of all good things to do with it,i have a large glass each morning. Take care relax and be positive all these things will help you,big hugsxxxxx
 
@danelady.....I'm so pleased to hear the positive and bright tone in your posts! Things do seem to be looking up for you. I'm so glad you are in the rehab center where they can take great care of you until you are really able to be on your own again. I know you're probably wanting to get home sooner than later, but this period of rehab is really the best plan. Take full advantage of the ability to have this level of care for as long as possible. Medicare coverage is really good for this type of thing.
 
Happy New Year all!!!
I can't tell you how great things are going.
I said I was willing to drive in once a day for my iv therapy and it sounds like they found a place and that means I should be going home next week! They've cut back on the vancomycin dosage, I'm up and walking around around and they get mad when I clean my room, lol. I ordered shorts, t-shirts and a new bra from Amazon because I had NOTHING when I came.

We had a little tug of war when they started giving me clonidine to bring my blood pressure down but instead it made me comatose so I refused it. Someone forgot to order my regular bp meds and even though my regular pharmacy was right around the corner t [Bonesmart.org] Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more… hey wouldn't let me have them bring it over so they made me wait days. I hated clonidine, all I did was sleep, but we have everything under control now WITHOUT the clonidine.

I'm tired of having to ask for something to drink, tired of having strangers around all day. Don't get me wrong.....everyone treats me great....but I want my own home now.

Wishing you all the happiest of all time!!!!
 
You look great, up and around and I think once you start feeling restless and ready to go then time to go home.
Nothing like your own place, but this respite I'm sure has been positive for your recovery.
Keep us posted and Happy New Year!
 
Hey...look at you, danelady! You look great!

With a flip of the calendar, new beginnings are in order. You've dealt with your share of adversity like a champ and you're still smiling (at least I'm guessing you are behind that mask) now its time for you to heal, jump back into life, face new adventures and create new memories. After proper rest and healing of course. :wink:

I am excited for you for your future. Many blessings to you in this new year! :friends::egypdance:
@danelady
 
Getting that restless fire in you makes me know you are feeling better and it is so good to hear:friends:
I wish for you an the best for this new year, friend.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
~ Nido Qubein
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom