Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

Thank you all, I feel good knowing you are all in my corner. I can see the fluid coming out of the incision very easily right now. I'm not worried about this little bump in the road, especially after what you told me about your MIL Pumpkin....woo hoo, she had a good long life!

Looks like I'm hitting all the bases with this hip in just this one year, between the surgeries, dislocations and now this. I just want to get this healing over and done with, for good this time! Once again, thank you all.
:thankyou:
 
Beautiful Danelady.....I'm so sorry you have this new challenge. But I am impressed with your surgeon's quick response and the fact that he's bringing in an infectious disease doctor. That's definitely the right things to do. You have quite a following of BoneSmarties too, who are sending good vibes your way. Please continue to let us know how you're getting along. We're here for you!
 
@Jamie I'm glad you're happy with his decision on how to act. And yes you are so right! I can feel all the good energy coming right through my monitor from all these wonderful Bonesmarties! No worries from my corner whatsoever, I am anxious to get it over with!

Well, I have to run out now for a few supplies because when I get back I sure won't want to get out. My neighbors offered to drive me to the hospital as soon as they heard but I know that they are NOT morning people so I'll drive myself in and we'll get my truck back home like the last time.

How nice to visit my buddies at the hospital....again! NOT! Haha! All righty then, I'm off to the store, luckily only half mile away.

Thanks again. :banana-santa:
 
Oh dear.. @danelady !!! I can't believe what I am reading here!
Wishing for you the very best tomorrow.
So glad you have a very responsive surgeon and that there will be a specialist there for you, too.

Best wishes with a few prayers tossed in for good measure. :fingersx::angel::console2:
 
@danelady .... I know it's difficult to accept help from others when you feel you should be able to do for yourself, but please try to allow those who truly care about you to assist for these serious things. Since your incision hasn't been bleeding again, you'll probably be okay driving yourself, but honestly you just never know what might happen on a long journey like you have to do to get to the hospital. Trust me.....people would not volunteer to help if they didn't love you and truly want to assist you. Let yourself be loved, okay? You deserve it! It will help you AND (even more importantly) it allows others an opportunity to do a good deed for someone. These days, we need a lot more of that where people help others. You can return the favor one of these days and make their day. I'll be waiting to hear from you once you return home.
 
Since you must stay overnight, how will you get your truck back home? I don't recall how you did that before when you were in the hospital. The plan must not be to drive yourself.....I don't think your surgeon would approve of that and you should follow his post-op instructions to the letter. Infections are serious business and not something to take risks with. Be sure and discuss these types of details with your doctors.
 
Danelady, I somehow missed your bad news yesterday and am so appalled! Thank God your OS took this seriously and has treated you ASAP. Like everyone else here, I'm sending you the most caring of wishes. Hope the surgery went well and you're receiving excellent aftercare. Xxxx
 
@danelady. I haven't been on here in awhile and I see your name and red block with hip infection! I am going back to read whats going on but looks like you could use some prayers and good energy!! I am virtually hugging ☺ ❤ you girl..you are a fighter!!!
Love ya! Hang in there
 
I sure hope you're doing okay...I think some of us may be getting a bit concerned as the days click on by without hearing from you. We can only hope you're resting comfortably and your pain is well managed.
Hope to get a :thumb: from you soon. You have many forum friends and we care. :friends:
@danelady
 
Back
Top Bottom