This update is 1 week away from 4 months. Currently I get up in the morning, have to use my cane at first, op leg stiff and sore along side and back buttuck area. My stepson, I will refer to him as my advisor since he has 30 years as an ortho technician. He's like Josephine. He dislocates hips for surgery, assists in surgery, stitches people up and also knees, shoulders etc. After seeing my OS a second time he reassured me the replacement is not the problem, but was not much help after that so I turn to my advisor for advice quite often.

My advisor still thinks its glutes healing back together after being split for posterior surgery, trochanter, maybe tight internal stitches or even maybe the surgery has irritated my sciatic nerve. Arggg. Shooting in the dark here and I need lots more healing time. I do loosen up during the day and after more research on Tylenol, which I did not think was helping till I stopped it, I realized it was helping, so back on 1000mg in morning and 1000mg in afternoon. Nothing before bed, because I don't feel pain while sleeping, or sitting. But if I sit too long over 30 minutes I get sore and stiff even at 4 months and have to walk to loosen up again.
I've now read many articles that tylenol is safe for seniors long term, especially at the dose I'm on and so I'm staying on it so I can get a pretty normal day to do as I wish. My OP leg is always more sore at night, after being on it a lot and so back to the cane before bed, but not always.
Now the interesting update. Yesterday afternoon I finally took my mountain bike out of the shed, carefully got on it and rode around the back yard on the grass. Too my surprise, I felt no pain and my legs felt strong, as if I had never stopped riding it months ago. So I took it to the garage, checked the tire pressure, adjusted it accordingly, loaded my backpack in the house with water, etc. and away I went for an hour of wonderful, exillerating fun. There are many scenic bike paths near our house and the inclines are not too steep.
I never once struggled, or felt tired, even peddling up the inclines. But, when I rode into the yard later, stopping at the shed, getting off, well guess what????, it was if I had just got out of bed in the morning, my OP leg was stiff and sore, had my husband, who was sitting on the deck bring me my cane so I could walk back to the house.

Go figure that one out.
I can go walking about 3mi with my hiking poles and don't stiffen up, the opposite actually. So sitting on my bike must be like sitting too long. Weird.....
So now I'm going on the Internet to buy a collapsible cane that will fit in my backpack, so if I want to stop somewhere while biking, and walk down by the river or whatever, I can use my cane.

Plus, I won't be stranded somewhere, helpless and can't walk

I'm already planning a picnic and biking trip out of town now that I know I can ride my bike again.


Can you imagine people seeing me ride up on my bike, then getting off and using a cane to walk.

I don't care, I've got all of October yet to ride. Yippee!
One day, I hope I'm all healed and back to normal, but until then I'm glad I have my soon collapsible cane, hiking poles, mountain bike, and Tylenol.
It's a struggle, this hip business, hope someone benefits from my update and does not give up hope.....on their own recovery.
