mainegirl1
graduate
Squirrel. We had too many last year as the mast crop the year before was huge. Then they all died off as last year there was no mast crop.
One of my self help PT exercises this fall has been walking on acorns. The deluge is huge and they hurt when they hit your head. This does not bode well for the squirrels next winter ( 2020-21) With a big mast crop they will reproduce over the winter and if there is no food next year the die off will recur.
However I have a dog.
We went from 83 to 46 in a day here( highs). But we are blessed both not to be on a ranch in Montana. Snow comes this weekend ( maybe - long range predictions are iffy). The good news is fall colors came on fast and glorious and we have a road trip to Northern Maine on Thursday with some woods walking ( a camera meander which is not serious walking. I have taken up the leisurely hobby of noticing). Colors will peak by the weekend but being retired we have the ability to avoid crowds.
@Layla my husband is so anti pumpkin spice.. Except for pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie. I showed him Pumpkin Spice Oreos in the store today. Was not pretty.
Do you have good color in Michigan @Cecropia ? We always get Michigan Tourism commercials here in Maine.
One of my self help PT exercises this fall has been walking on acorns. The deluge is huge and they hurt when they hit your head. This does not bode well for the squirrels next winter ( 2020-21) With a big mast crop they will reproduce over the winter and if there is no food next year the die off will recur.
However I have a dog.
We went from 83 to 46 in a day here( highs). But we are blessed both not to be on a ranch in Montana. Snow comes this weekend ( maybe - long range predictions are iffy). The good news is fall colors came on fast and glorious and we have a road trip to Northern Maine on Thursday with some woods walking ( a camera meander which is not serious walking. I have taken up the leisurely hobby of noticing). Colors will peak by the weekend but being retired we have the ability to avoid crowds.
@Layla my husband is so anti pumpkin spice.. Except for pumpkin bread and pumpkin pie. I showed him Pumpkin Spice Oreos in the store today. Was not pretty.
Do you have good color in Michigan @Cecropia ? We always get Michigan Tourism commercials here in Maine.
United States


Her health is great, she drives, etc and loves AZ.
but I sometimes listen to cd's I bought at one of the Indian reservations while I try to fall asleep. And I drift away into another time and place.
We'll see what tomorrow brings, always changing.
It is like that a lot, I watch her temps all winter's. Before my surgery, I have been known to drive down there when it is so cold here and warmer there and stay a few days.
