THR Cocoon to moth

Hi @Cecropia
If it's any consolation, I believe it's normal and can itch off and on for months.
Are you applying any creams or lotions yet? It may bring you some relief.
I've read of a variety being used here Bio Oil, E45, Coconut Oil and my fave Palmer's Cocoa Butter with
Vitamin E. As long as there is nothing else going on with your incision, I don't think you need to worry. I'm sure your surgeon's office will offer the same reassurance.
A great day to you!
 
One other idea...don't know if it would help, but if it's ever keeping you awake and driving you crazy like that, you could try ice, if nothing else, it will serve as a distraction. If it were me I'd try it.
 
Those fish you caught are beautiful, just the right size also. Did alot of fishing growing up. I was Dad's fishing buddy, brothers weren't as eager to go. Good times! :realing:
 
Hmmm...I've got some itching, too, @Cecropia, but I just assume it's part of the dizzying recovery process. But, as always, if it causes you concern I'd address the question to your OS's office, as you've done. Itching can be crazy-making, I agree, hope it subsides quickly!
 
I asked my OS about Bio oil and he said it was ok. I didn't have itching but I thought to minimize scar tissue but as yet haven't used it.Hope that itching stops. I don't like itching at all. Is it after you have done a lot of yard work and are bending down etc.?
 
@mikeycat I've been using the cocoa butter twice a day. The itching just came out of no where after I went to bed one night. It's a lot better since I've been using the cocoa butter. I think it was just plain drying out from all the showers and no body lotion on that area. I avoided any lotion on the scar.
 
Hi cecropia! At 6 weeks I got the ok to put something on my scar, as I have very dry skin normally and my scar was itching too. I used bio oil, and also tried Palmer's cocoa butter but didn't like smelling like a chocolate bar. :nah: PT suggested E45, but I ended up using an organic propolis gel formula by SBC, which wasn't greasy like bio oil or stinky, and seemed very mild. Try them all but something to moisturize seems to help immensely!
 
9 weeks!!!!! Look at you @Cecropia out fishing and enjoying the lake. Nothing more tranquil than water in the evening. I love eating fish, but cleaning them, not so much. My grandfather taught me when I was little. Cried the whole time. Gave up eating fish for years after that. True to form, wimp!

I have been using Egyptian Magic on my scar. It’s mostly olive oil but has honey and a couple other natural ingredients. My scar is really improving. Started out very angry and the itching was driving me mad. The human body is pretty incredible, as now I have a thin purple line.

Sending wishes of many more fun fishing trips! Happy healing.
 
@Fit4Family Awe sorry you cried, was it because they were dead? I sometimes feel bad hooking them and I think how in the bible jesus fed the thousands with fish, so I figure it's okay. Also I did some research and apparently the small fish anyway are missing an element in their brain that feels pain, so they don't feel pain. I hope that's true. I won't eat Lobster because I heard they scream when they are thrown in the boiling water alive. Sounds so cruel... I guess all that's left is to be a vegetarian, I tried that for 2 years very faithfully, but gave it up....
 
My Boston buddies told me the humane way to do lobster is to put them in the freezer first for awhile. They supposedly just go to sleep and die before getting dropped into the boiling water. Et voilà!
 
Had a great fishing day myself this weekend...Didn't hear a sound.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Cocoon to moth
    rps20190809_054009.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 205
@Mojo333 Nice catch. When I was little we cut the heads off, gutted, scaled and fried them. Now we just fillet them. Your picture shows them completely whole and deep fried or pan fried? Curiosity is killing me. I love smoked chubs, but can't find them anywhere now.:boohoo: They are completely whole when you buy them too. So you fry them whole, do you scale them first? :chinstroke:
 
Ok ladies, I'm all for fishing. Catching fish, releasing fish, keeping fish, baking, broiling and frying fish, YUM!
But is there an eye in there somewhere....a fried eye? BLECH! Mojo, we need to talk :heehee:

Cocoa butter reminds me of tanning too @Cecropia Beaches, bikinis, sand castles...then boys!
It's fun to look back some days.
I hope you've had a great week and have something fun planned for the weekend.
Enjoy!
 
Fishing and cocoa butter, they both conjure up summertime to me, @Cecropia! Hope you're enjoying a sunny day in your neck of the woods.
 
Scaled, Head cut off, gutted (slit down to tail) dipped in egg wash and corn meal, deep fried in peanut oil that can take high temps.
Delicious.
 
@mikeycat or anyone who wants to read this. I was going to give a 12 week update next Tuesday, but I guess 3 days won't make a difference.:) :-) (:
I've really dug deeper into what exactly is causing my buttock muscle to stiffen up after sitting too long. It's painful to stand and walk, but then loosens up. Mornings are the worst. Well my incision is 8 inches long, I measured it, and shaped like a boomerang. This next info is coming from an ortho technician.
My muscle, the maximus, I believe he said the maximus, was finger split along the fibers, then clamped on either side away from the opening. Now my incision is 8 in long, so I'm thinking, wow, how much did they split the muscle???? Because I'm older, my muscle may not heal as quick as I'd like and a lot of serious stuff goes on during the operation and the muscles and other stuff take a beating.
The muscle can take 6 months to a year to fully heal. :yikes: So I'm trying to be patient and not get too depressed with the situation as I plan to stay active regardless and I do certain exercises to help loosen things up in the morning. Sitting on your glute when it's irritated makes it worse. Great!!! :whistle:

Now the good news. I'm back to doing much what I want. Been out of state to visit my brother in Indiana at his cottage. Took a long walk to loosen up after getting there. Seriously, it feels best to walk when it's loosened up, the muscle that is. I now walk 3 miles along the river and around the lake, and through the woods every day the weather is good. MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE DAY. No pain at all, weird huh....? And I have my elliptical for bad weather days or the mall. But don't sit down too long. :chinstroke:
I can sleep on either side, and my stomach. I do not use a pillow between my knees anymore.
I can bring my OP foot up to where I can put my sock or shoe on without pain. I can kneel again with or without knee pads, but more comfy with.
I think my level of endurance is back to normal. I don't get tired, pretty much back to normal there. I can get down on the floor and do my stomach crunches and the bridge and get up easily. I actually am the weird one that likes the bridge. :heehee: From doing yoga I guess. I'm more limber again.
A family member wanted to know how I fish for 3 hours in the boat if I'm having so much trouble with my glutes. Well, I'm not using my kayak where im stuck. I'm in our larger fishing boat where I sit some, stand some, step side to side some, I'm not just sitting, so I don't stiffen up. :) :-) (:
And Tylenol helps only slightly, so I don't use it much and still afraid to use NSAIDs because I want the bone to keep growing well into the stem. So I pretty much just endure the pain. I don't limp when I walk, only in the morning before I get loosened up, then I'm fine, so I don't use my cane anymore. I do use my hiking poles when I walk my 3 miles. Might give them up soon, not sure, play that one by ear....
So, I still come in here and read a bit. I like to see how you all are doing. I read some newbies posts but don't comment much now. No one seems to have this muscle problem lingering like myself, so I guess their muscles recovered quickly or it's because they had a smaller incision or different type of surgery???:shrug:
I probably won't post much after this one, but will still be around reading here and there. I don't know what else to post unless something happens and I feel it would help someone's recovery. If my buttock gets better I'll post. That could be awhile.....:heehee:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom