Guest viewing is limited

THR Cocoon to moth

Sounds like you are truly on your way--getting out , doing exercises, seeing OS who gives you a heads up. You are doing so excellently and I am truly happy for you. Too bad about the rain but like the pain it is only temporary. Sunny here but I should keep my mouth shut because it could change on a dime and does. Have a lovely week-end.
 
@Cecropia, it looks like my alerts haven't been coming through lately :shrug: but I was so happy to find your thread and read about your progression the last couple of days. It sounds like you're doing much better! Love that you were able to visit your Mom. And to just get out of the house, and with makeup!! I hope you're able to enjoy the weekend as well! :SUNsmile:
 
@mikeycat and @SE Florida
Thanks for posting. It was sunny Friday and today, Saturday. I'm not over the hump, have my aches and pains, but they are not near like the first week.
I did vacuuming and dusting in our Florida room. Have always called it that even tho we are in the snow belt. :heehee:Even managed to wash some of the windows inside, my husband said he would do the outside. It's our favorite room for 3 seasons with slide by windows and screens, leading out to our deck, but the glass needed some cleaning badly...:yes: Because it's inclosed we have recliners in part and eating area with lights and ceiling fan. I'm glad I could have my surgery in the summer cause I really nest out here.:giggle: I've been able to walk without my cane in the house and feel like I could do a little out in the yard. My balance seems good and my surgery leg is still sore but I can put all my weight on it.
It's really weird, this has just happened in the last 2 days. Like a turning point, but I'm being cautious, don't want to end up in the ODIC. :no-fin:
 
You sound well and somewhat getting back to a bit of normalcy. Glad you've gotten some sunshine, don't miss the weather back in Ohio where I grew up. Your Florida room sounds comfy!
:flwrysmile:
 
@Cecropia, I know we're all really different, but girl I didn't do near as good as you so early on. So to me, it sounds like your recovery is going great. It's always slower than we want but just think of what even one more week will bring you! Just remember with all of that cleaning and window washing, some ice might be in order! Your Florida room sounds like such a cozy place to be.......I'm so happy you have it to recover in! :roseshwr:
 
@SE Florida :wave:
I would actually love to live in Florida and have a real Florida room.....:yes:
I just don't know if we'll ever make that happen. We have many friends there, many natives to Florida, even, that would love to see us make the move. All family is here though. Yes, I ice a lot still. My incision, my knee, my groin. I'm not out of the woods, but find I can test myself a little more. Nights are still hard, I think things just stiffen up, cause you just lay there doing nothing. So in the day things loosen up and like it's nice, especially in the afternoon, my best times. :SUNsmile:
 
@Elf1:wave:Can't wait to get you over here...so you can get going in recovery and turning your life to a happy hippie. My sister lives in Ohio, near Columbus. They have better temps than me, usually 10 degrees warmer, not much snow ever and early spring, late fall. She and her husband got out of MI. Sorry, but I HATE SNOW...even when I was little I remember not liking winter....I like to see the grass....:) :-) (:
 
@Cecropia I liked winter/snow as a kid but that was a long time ago. I have family right outside Columbus as well though we originally came from just west of Cleveland. Yes, I'm a Browns fan! :shrug:

Just trying to chill and finish up little things before I join you all on the recovery side. Trying to keep from dwelling on things I have no control over.
:yahoo:
 
That Florida sounds lovely and doing windows wow. I washed the bathroom rubber mat this as my husband had fixed the shower in his shoes so I am pleased with myself. I am the obsessive type if you haven't realized. We go to St. Petersburg yearly and my hubby would like to buy a condo there. Me I would prefer Victoria but we"ll see. Little steps and you are doing fabulously I ma so happy for you. The night for me is getting better. I have the opposite of you -the more I do the stiffer I get the less I do I am more supple.
 
Hello and greetings from me - now 11 months out. Still healing but I reckon 85% there now. I can do all normal activities and also swimming ,sailing and hoping to get back to other stuff. The hip was partly cemented but still did the salsa the other night without a problem. I found post six months that swimming and walking were the best exercises for me.

Occasionally (when I have overdone the sailing) I get a warning twinge at the top of the hip so scale back. But the painfree life I have now is worth all the recovery angst.
 
So years ago I designed a bedroom addition, also thinking at that time someday I might need to spend a lot of time in bed, but I never thought it would be this soon, more like my 80s maybe. :chinstroke: But I had positioned my bed so when I woke up in the morning this is what I would see through the French doors opening out to a small deck. I have REALLY downsized my gardens through the years, tired, old age, but I still appreciate the view even as a smaller scale of plants. Everything is much prettier up close of course, but this gives an idea, thought I would share even tho it's hard to see everything. I'm so grateful I planned ahead because I am getting use of my plan a little early with this hip replacement surgery. The hummingbirds are there every morning and pretty much throughout the day. I keep it in eyes view. :flwrysmile:It has greatly helped me stay somewhat stable through this recovery. Glad I don't have to look at SNOW! :happydance:Oh gosh I hope when I get really old I don't get sick in the winter, there goes my beautiful plans. :dubious:
[Bonesmart.org] Cocoon to moth
 
So pretty and peaceful. Nice view while resting or reading on a lazy afternoon. I'll bet you love it!

Recovering this time of year is nice. I wouldn't want to recover during the Winter because I'd be terrified of slipping / falling on ice or snow so early on in the healing process. Actually, falling anytime would be scary. :yikes:
Have a nice evening and a great week!
@Cecropia
 
So beautiful. This is surely what keeps everything in perspective. I have a small garden -city living -but lush and all kinds of birds come here. We have a cherry tree and another fruit one. We lost our magnificent maple to a microburst 2 others years before under somewhat different circumstances--ice storm. People lined up for the wood as it was chopped down.There were so many that had fallen. Ours had fallen on our roof.I hope things are going well for you.you are somewhat quiet on that front. I too want progression and everything to be like it was pre- hip problems.
 
@Cecropia the stories your daughter told you are so funny! Good drugs :spin:
I’m the same about my garden....so so good to get out in it then I got anxious about all the weeds. So my husband did some hoeing :bignono: I now have a lot less lettuces as he decapitated them!! So then I hired a gardener....he pulled out some of my plants from the border & left dome huge weeds :censored:
So I’m breathing deep, & being patient until I can do it!!! I did some gentle hoeing myself yesterday (one crutch and one hoe arm :) :-) (:) & I’m telling myself that it can wait until I’m further along my healing journey!!
And the car journey....it feels great to get out! Take ice and enjoy the ride
 
@Cecropia What a great view of your garden! That must surely lift your spirits! I am now getting out in my garden and although it's fantastic to be outdoors , I am despairing :sad: It has gone beyond the hoeing stage, @cornishgal !
I had my first trip out today - to a local garden centre , so I got some plants to make up a few pots. They might distract from all the weeds. :snork:
 
@mikeycat You don't need a big garden to have the birds, butterflies, etc. In my 40s I had barely any grass and borders everywhere, people walked through my various types of perennial gardens. Then it was too much. I used to prune 121 shrubs plus all the flowers. Now I have only 20 shrubs. And very small area of annuals and some perennials and small ornamental trees. Sorry about your magnificent maple tree. Ice storms are bad....:gaah:
I don't miss all the work, I have an album full of pictures the way it used to be...:SUNsmile: By fall or sooner we'll all be out again enjoying the outdoors....❤
 
o boy @Cecropia what a difference four weeks makes!! You were apprehensive then and now we all feel the joy! I too kind of lamented spending a summer in waiting for surgery and then recovering but after the last winter we had where the roads were ice covered from Nov to April ( and my driveway and walkways too) I think it may be good that I will have recovered enough to have good balance on ice.. And like my knee recovery be able to snowshoe..
 
@Yogigirl Oh hoeing with one hand and crutch? Did your husband take a picture? Tell me how do you do gentle hoeing?:heehee: Did you tell your weeds to give you a break and come out easy? :heehee: I'm just kidding with you, it just sounds so cute, gentle hoeing. Love it! I've been desperate enough to do that same thing, but my outing was I trimmed 2 of my shrubs, :heehee:but have not done the rest yet. Got tired quickly. :yawn: Hummm, we are so anxious to get going again. Sorry about losing your lettuce and some flowers. Oh the help is not always what we want it to be.:nah:
 
@linette333 You went shopping to a garden center!!! I bet that was fun! You are getting around pretty good.... All us gardeners are going stir crazy. I never thought the weeds were going to be so bad, way too much rain....:blackcloud:
 
@mainegirl1 So my OS said no more rollerskating or cross country skiing. I thought about snowshoeing? Do you fall easy doing that? I am okay at cross country skiing, but I always manage to fall, so definitely need to give that up. I'm still upset about rollerskating tho, done it all my life, I don't fall, but then if I did, ummmm, not sure I want to take the chance, the floor is pretty hard. I cried again today, opened the closet for something and there were my skates where I left them in January when I did not yet feel pain from my hip while skating. I need to get rid of them...:cry:
So do you feel pretty balanced in snowshoes? Just curious.....
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom