Guest viewing is limited

THR Cocoon to moth

I don’t remember it being only at that specific point. Close to there but more inward towards my groin. I felt it was the adductor going crazy.

I also got a sharp pain when laying down in bed and then trying to sit up (like to take a pill) or even adjust my pillow. That’s been slowly getting better too.

Usually my whole leg aches. I’ve been having painful restless legs several times a week. With twitches and cramping. The extremely odd thing about it is whenever I have one of those very bad nights, the next day I’m markedly improved over the day before. I make huge jumps in progress then.
@Cecropia
 
Happy One Month Anniversary! :wave:
Wishing you a great week as you continue on your healing journey.

Consider Magnesium for the cramping and spasms if you haven't already.

Magnesium supports the following:
Bone health
Healthy blood sugar
Cardiovascular health
Muscle relaxation and nerves
Promotes healthy sleep (falling asleep and staying asleep)

An article on Magnesium -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/magnesium-is-a-star.20301/

Hopefully you find relief soon.
@ceezee
 
Sounds very normal from what I remember. The hip flexor muscles have been the last thing to heal for me. Overuse leads to big time pain. They are in use to pull leg up or lift leg up like to climb a stair or step over something. I miss yoga and those nice long stretch poses. Maybe try to sleep with a small pillow under your leg. Mine didn’t like being completely straight. It will improve very soon.
 
@Fit4Family

Thanks for the replies so far. Ive been using a pillow under my leg it helps some. My nights are the worst. If I fall asleep too long on my good side I wake up in pain from the surgery leg. And if I get up and walk during the night it feels so good. During the day I do quite well now, but I don't look forward to the nights.
 
:) Hi.
I couldn't and didn't force my leg to go flat out for many months post surgery. I don't know if I ever laid with my knee-pit (technical term) flat on bed.
Tightness at 6 weeks is a normal occurrence after this kind of major surgery. Your surgeon did major carpentry work and disturbed every millimeter of soft tissue in this area. You aren't tight because your muscle is underused and needs to be stretched and rehabbed. You're tight because your tissue is healing...and full healing takes a full year OR MORE. If a long full step right now is causing pain and limping, don't take long full steps. Take smaller steps. Take a short walk several times a day, instead of longer walks. Use ice. Rest a lot. Yes. Still.
You WILL get there!:egypdance:
 
@Mojo333 Thanks for your answer of the knee pit laying flat out. It truly pulls at the top of my thigh meets groin right above the implant when I try to lay in bed at night that way. Looks like I will be keeping it slightly bent for weeks to come. It doesn't seem to bother me in the daytime, but that's because I rest in a recliner when not doing my walks. Short steps do work better for me and shorter walks around the yard once a day is all I do right now. No exercises since PT is dismissed and only did them on the days they were here and then not many as I nicely declined to do so.:angel:I will keep the faith....
 
May not seem so, but I think you are doing splendidly at less than one month out.:tada:
This is just the booooring part....where progress can seem slow.:hairpulling:
Hope you have a happy day!:SUNsmile:
 
I think you're doing wonderful as well. I know you seem to be chomping at the bit to get back to "normal" but remember, slow and steady wins this race.
:walking:
 
@Elf1 Thanks. All the emojis are so cute we all use... I just made a list of things that need to be done in my flower gardens, and weeding, and the stupid wild trees that grow out of nowhere that I dig out. The moss growing in between the patio stones, bla bla bla. I feel so bad telling my husband, but I can't take care of it yet. This kind of thing at my age makes me really wonder if it's time to move into a condo, sell the house. This time of the year I'm crawling around at the strawberry patch picking 36 quarts and then putting up sugar free freezer jam for my husband who's diabetic and freezing the rest for my smoothies. Instead we are buying them in packages at Sam's club along with the blueberries. I could go on and on and I do have a plan on how to trim one shrub a day, my husband will set my trimmer up and it will take me at the most 5 minutes and he will clean up after. He's never trimmed my shrubs in 45 years. Once they are off shape you can't get them back right if you goof it up...
I should have had this surgery in the late fall when everything is dormant, but my pain would not wait and I still could not do anything anyway. This whole thing has been a real learning curve.....
My _ _ _ _ _ session for the day....:bawl:
 
@Cecropia you are doing really well! I know just how you feel though. Nobody told me it would be this hard! Or maybe they did, but I wasn't listening :snork:
I was too pre-occupied by the surgery to worry too much about the sloooow recovery.
I have finally been able to get out in my garden the past couple of days. - short walks around with my crutches. I tried to get lots of planting done before the op, but there is nothing I can do about all the weeds etc. With all this rain, everything is just growing like crazy! All my husband does out there is mow lawns. With all he is doing already, I can't ask him to work out there too!! Just think how much we will be doing in our gardens next year!!
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could just press a button and then be 2 months further on! :)
 
@linette333 So nice to hear your recovery story and how you feel. And all the rain is here too. I really felt the helplessness when I did a short walk around my back yard. I'm using a cane now, but walk really slow. Today is the first day I broke down in tears, just feel lost in space sort of. I'm glad you got to get outside and walk around.
I'll be thinking of you and yes I wish for a magic button.:flwrysmile:
 
@Cecropia I felt exactly like you do now when I was at your point. I’m 12 days ahead of you and it has made a huge difference in my ability to do some things in the garden but I’m letting it go. Like you I have always done all of the gardening. And I also make my own pickles and jam. But what helped me the most to get a better prospective was my best friend telling me every thing was fine. The weeds can be pulled later, the tree seedlings can get yanked out later, that hosta I bought before surgery can be planted in the fall just fine, I may grow to enjoy the moss between the patio flagstones, etc. Just let it go. That’s much easier said than done, especially when you’re the kind of person who sits down, sees something needing attending, and then going at it. That was always me. All I can suggest is try to let it go. I’m now able to sit out (when it’s not raining!) and not go crazy. This is probably good for my character in general. Lol.

Enjoy your lovely garden.

I don’t think I could be happy in a condo unless it had a big outdoor area that was private and just mine.
 
@ceezee I really enjoyed reading your post. It's nice to see our personalities and things we like to do in some of our posts, though keeping it mainly about our hips. Sharing means caring.... I like your perspective, and your friends advice too. :SUNsmile::flwrysmile:
 
Hello my friend Cecropia. Sorry to hear of your pain and of your angst and feeling for your garden.Does ice help and are you on pain meds? My husband is the gardener here but I do the-pickling-sometimes-and cooking. I have been absorbed with my depression re slowness of recovery. But I too have been thinking about a condo,my husband too as he says as we are aging and he no longer wants or will have the capabilities to work on the house. But all must be within a rock's throw like here but we may move out of province once our son graduates and moves on himself.
 
@Cecropia I so hope you are having a brighter day. I hate to see that you're having these crummy blues. This recovery can really do a number on our emotional state. I had to think back to when I was at 3 weeks and I was a huge mess. I couldn't even consider walking outside as you have, even with my walker! Ceezee is right, it does get better, but it's hard waiting. I wasn't really "feeling it" until I was about 6 weeks but to be honest it was 8 weeks. We are all so different on when we can start doing things and even then the blues crop in every now and then. I know my story doesn't help but yesterday I totally broke down over losing a paint chip that I needed to keep so we could get the same color again. A paint chip!!! I was in tears! My husband must secretly be thinking that I've totally lost it! And I'll be at 4 months on the 28th. I guess when they say that recovery can take a year, they aren't kidding! I hope you have some sunny weather and you can at least sit on your porch to enjoy seeing it. Take care and remember we're here for you! :flwrysmile:
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom