Guest viewing is limited

THR Cocoon to moth

@Layla I just laughed so much, that is the funniest reply, I loved it. Even showed my husband.:heehee:

@SE Florida Sorry you lost your paint chip. We try to be positive, but sometimes we just need to realize it's okay to feel the blues and cry it out a little. And this surgery is no picnic....:nah:

@mikeycat I'm taking tylenol only now. I think you are doing really good and I'm better today...I had my bad emotional day yesterday. Yes it's hard to decide when to move, or downsize. We talk about even moving to Florida, but that's scary too. Your hips seem to be coming along. If we just had more patience....:whistle:
 
@Cecropia The paint chip wasn't the end of the world, it just seemed like it at the time :rotfl: Today I was slicing potatoes and sliced the top of my thumb :loll:The important thing is that Layla got you to laugh! They say laughter is the best medicine, right?! :yes!: Now quit being so hard on yourself because you really are doing great!
 
Cecropia, may I join you and @ceezee as the May marvel gardening girls? I'm between you (may23) and although I can get out and about, actually DOING anything is still off limits. So I am also cringing whenever I venture out to my beloved garden. It has always been my love, passion, relaxation,enjoy and canning nummy healthy food. I have 4 huge raised beds for veg that I hurriedly planted up before my surgery, thinking I'd just watch everything grow while I recuperated. Ha!With all the rain in the UK lately, the weeds are bigger than my 30 tomato plants!! And elsewhere, I swear I can stand and watch the bindweed taking over my front flowerbed and path. I trust hubby with the weedkiller on the driveway but not in-between my flowers. I wonder if our little reacher grabber tools will work to pull weeds?? :what: I might try it if the rain ever stops. Sending healing to us all to soon be out nurturing our little Edens. :flwrysmile:
 
:SUNsmile::fingersx::wave:Hi @Calgal It has rained here all day. I feel for you and your garden sounds exciting to be in. I gave up on vegetables, as every animal you can think of comes in and eats everything. We live by too many parks and open areas even tho city annexed us many years ago into the city it feels more like country. My husband did add an extension to our fence to make it higher in the back yard and now it is better plus part is a high wood fence the deer won't jump. I hope we all get well soon....and we will...:flwrysmile:

@mikeycat Recovery is not so easy, I guess I had too high expectations. It has rained here all day again. I had my Dr. appointment today with OS. That was my bright spot. We looked over my xray of the new hip and everything looked really good. It has to get better for us....and I believe it will...:yes::SUNsmile:

So my big concern was the pain over the implant worried that something was wrong, but he said all was good. I explained how it is so sore and he said it was all muscle, and something about the psoas muscle and my surgery. He tried to have me do a straight leg raise lying on the exam table and I just could not. So he told me I had to strengthen that muscle and he showed me how to hang my leg over the side of the table and to do it while lying on the side of the bed to stretch it out, but I could not lift it back up so I had to let it slip the rest of the way to the floor and stand up. I'm to do that several times a day at home. Ugggg. He released me and said go on with your life. For now the other hip looks good and might never need anything done. :fingersx: So then I felt so good, we stopped at Panda express and went in and ordered take out and sat in the car and ate. I used my cane and my husband walked with me. It felt so good to get out.... Now I'm tired. I also got on my elliptical and turned it real slow to see if the awful pain was there like before surgery and the pain was gone. I will not however be using it for awhile, but at least I know I can. My OS has two new hips 5 years ago, not at the same time, and he also had trouble with the same muscle trying to get it stretched out. He is calming to talk to because he's been there himself on the recovery side. :SUNsmile:

I have a picture of my new hip, but I have to downsize it first.....
 
[Bonesmart.org] Cocoon to moth
Its a Smith and Nephew Oxinium, but they all look alike to me. :heehee:
 
Oh no..
That is one good looking shiny new hip!:ok:
Best one I've seen today.:dubious:

Not even one month out and lots of great time:loveshwr:s ahead!
 
Great news @Cecropia ! Such a fantastic report! You must feel so relieved and I am really pleased for you. :loveshwr:
The leg exercise was not so great of course. I remember doing that same ecercise years ago with a chiropractor and really struggling - but I hadn't just had a hip replaced! :yikes:
I have to wait until 6 weeks post surgery for my appointment.
I'm sure things will get better and better now.
 
@linette333 It will get better for us both... I'm not out of pain yet, and still on the mend. Just got so excited today to get out of the house, I thought I was in heaven....:happydance:But yea, ummmm it's gonna be awhile....:yes:
 
@Cecropia that's a really good report and an excellent looking hip you've got there! That's really cool that your OS had had the surgery, definitely makes him understand his patients better. Keep up the great work, glad you got to venture out and get takeout. Hopefully the rain will stop soon and you'll get some sun to brighten your day and mood. The rain can really bring on the blues and blahs sometimes.
:loveshwr:
 
@Elf1 supposed to have sun next 2 days then all rain again.... The farmers can't plant or plow their fields. It's really bad here in MI. It's crazy..... Still waiting for you to join us over here. 6 days....:flwrysmile:
 
Great news on the visit with your surgeon. The x-ray ray looks good too. Leaving the doctors office with the reassurance all is well is such a mood lifter. Then lunch with hubs away from home is like the cherry on top!
It is good to get out of the house, even if only for a car ride. Cabin fever definitely sets in after a couple weeks. You're doing great. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Cecropia
 
Love it, I'm sure you looked beautiful!
Lipstick makes everything better :heehee:
Enjoy the weekend!
@Cecropia
 
Today my husband drove me to the card shop, needed a wedding card for tomorrow, although I won't be attending. Too much stress yet for doing a wedding and it's one I can miss okay... And then he took me to see my mom about 15min from our house to hers, yet have not seen her in 3-1/2 weeks because of surgery. I can drive now but I was fine riding. Shes 97, it was good to hug and kiss her. :roseshwr:Funny, she was walking with her cane and me with mine. 30 years apart. I told her she was getting around better than me at the moment.:egypdance:We had a nice visit.....
Nice sunny day today....and I was able to do a straight leg raise finally while lying down flat on my bed after doing some stretching my OS recommended. It was like my brain finally reconnected with the muscle and said, WE'RE BACK! I won't push it, but I called my husband to come see...I was so excited! So it was a pretty good day. :flwrysmile:And I barely used my cane around the house today and no limping. It's like I went to bed, not much sleep, but got up and had new improvements. Even slightly, I'm happy...:loveshwr:
 
Hahaha :heehee: Lipstick truly does make me feel better :wink:

It's lovely you were able to see and spend time with your mom today. Ninety seven, how wonderful!
It sounds like you're making nice progress and had a great day. I'm happy for you.
Sweet dreams tonight!
@Cecropia
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom