Guest viewing is limited

Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

Hi there sunnydays, good to hear from you... Wow! Where has that 9 months gone..

Pleased you are mostly ok.. I am sure it will settle down.. Do drop by and update us at different milestones :)
 
My hubby wasn't interested in posting here, though he is a 2012 hippie - and a 2010 hippie that became infected and needed to be revised after heavy antibiotics. He's doing great now and enjoying things he hasn't been able to do for over 5 years, now. I'm not likely to revisit, though I have encouraged my brother to check you out.
 
Thanks for posting on behalf of your hubby Martha, so pleased to read he is doing so well :)
 
Catching up here and startled to realize I haven't checked in yet. My left hip was done 8 months ago (and just celebrated the two year anniversary for the right hip!). Both hips are fine and I'm enjoying life. But I am struggling a bit with what I think is a muscle issue.....lots of stiffness and soreness in the fronts and sides of both thighs. I've been compiling a list of potential culprits which range from the ridiculous to the scary, but I just don't have time to pursue it right now....so how bad can it be if I can choose to ignore it? In light of Jane's post, this is very small potatoes.

It's delightful to "see" everyone here. Hope everyone comes back for periodic updates. rider1960 Dorothy, I'm so hoping to hear that your new surgery does the trick. Best of luck...give us a full update in the aftermath, please.

Sharon
 
Hi Sharon :-) So nice of you to wish me well with my surgery. I hope you can get your residual problems taken care of too. I'm such firm believer in a good PT or massage therapist who can do deep tissue work. It's made a world of difference with my issues. So, make some time out of your hectic schedule and have someone do some work on you to see if that may be what's going on. :-)

Dorothy
 
hi! typing on phone so please xcuse typos! havent checked in for ages! I'm a 2010 and 2011 hippie! i pretty much wouldn't know I have replaced hips EXCEPT for the rod in my left leg that is pretty bad...but i'm still training for a 1/2 marathon at the end of Apr anyway ;)!!! i just can't run in cold weather due to the rod...and the other thing thats been holding me back is horrible recurrent c Diff infections (I am a fecal transplant candidate down the line) but that's for another support board, LOL. Most of the folks who were on here in 2010 when I first joined have come and gone but a few I think are still around. and i remember some of you from 2011 as well. think I'll have a look around - and please add me to the list if you are still maintaining it - if not no biggie, thanks!!! xoxoxo, Linda!
 
Lindawalms I have frequently wondered how you were doing with that nasty c.diff.....I read about fecal transplants and immediately thought about you. The sooner you get rid of the infection, the better! Do keep us updated.

Sharon
 
Hi Lindawalms, yes like Sharon I wondered how you were regarding the C-Diff.. Good luck with the fecal implant :)
 
Hello again to everyone. :-) I was a March Musketeer in 2011.

Like others have said I've not been back in ages , purely because my hip just isn't a problem for me now whatsoever! I'd say it was about 3months ago that I realised that it just hadn't crossed my mind at all.

Can do abosultely everything and anything I want whenever I want!

I remember back in October last year, the day that I showed my Mum and Dad that I could sit on the floor cross legged (like everyone else can!) for the first time since I was about 7 years old!!! ( I'm in the wrong half of my fourties now!)

Life's just been very busy. I recently decorated our house from top to bottom...up and down ladders, heaving heavy furniture around, hundreds of trips to the DIY shop and the dump....and on lots of days everything else ached!! But never ever did my hip hurt, in the old days there is no way that I could have kept going for days on end with the amount of work I was doing. I'd have been laid up with the pain/stiffness/soreness and locking of my hip.

One last thing for now is that, from time to time I see people again who I havent seen since the op and I so proudly show off that my limp is gone!!!

Can only say that I'm so pleased that this forum is still going from strength to strength and still supporting all the new people as they come along. It was an amazing support to me.
And to the pre and recently post op people, you will not regret this surgery...it will change your life.

All the best
xxxx
 
Welcome back LetsDoThis, what a great report... Lovely to hear from you. Pop back occasionally, we love the catch up posts :)
 
Ooo hello there 2012ers, how did I miss this then?? Probably too busy on other threads as a few of you know I am still around over 13 months later. I pulled up a chair,sat down and got very comfy amongst all you lovely hippies :)

Dorothy, I am keeping everything crossed that the new surgery is a huge success. I would be doing the same thing, aiming to be the best I can and if further surgery can help acheive that then I would go for it too. It is great that your OS is trustworthy and you feel comfortable with his recommendations. Best of luck.

Well I am am very happy with my new hip. No problems there except for a slight stiffness if I have been sitting on a hard chair for quite some time. I am still having problems with my turned in knee on operated side(genu valgum) just can't seem to get any further with that one despite all the specific exercises, might just have to accept it and live with it the way it is. Fortunately it doesn't hurt.

My ROM is still not brilliant but I am still working on that. It is much much improved since surgery but I would like it to be a bit better just because I would like to be able to sit cross legged, it is just something I would like to acheive though I know that it has a lot to do with living with a CDH for nearly fifty years so I might not get quite there.

A my 12 month check up I mentioned to the nurse that my good hip had been a bit grumpy and she said I may need something done there in the future but not for a good while yet. It is all to do with the strain it has been under compensating for the dodgy left one. Bit bummed that that one is kicking off now but it is not anywhere as painful as the left one ever was.

All in all a happy bunny and pleased as punch I had the surgery. :happydance:
 
Had my blood tests back - all normal, cholesterol down to 4.1 (without statins) and I don't need to go back on iron tablets! So the tiredness is just down to being post-op and I need to be patient, time is the cure:gaah: Maybe a bit of warm weather would do the trick! Back to yoga next week, all being well.
Best wishes to all
Anne
 
HELP,!
I'm looking for help with new pain after hip surgery 3 years ago... Any suggestions? I'm really new to forums of any kind so guide me well!
 
So pleased for you.. all good from now on :)
 
MrsTatiana.. Hi there, what a great update, so pleased you are enjoying your hips.. Lovely to hear from you :)
 
Lovely to see this thread being used as a reunion thread... :flwrysmile:
 
Hi everyone. I had my left hip replaced in September, 2012. I feel wonderful now! No more limping, no more pain. I can now exercise and I have lost 15 pounds. It took me until right around 6 months to really feel normal again and not have "twinges" of pain every now and then. I am so happy that I made the decision to do it and if I ever have to do it again - I won't wait 5 years before doing it. Great to "see" everyone :SUNsmile:
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom