Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

So good to hear your report and that you're safely home. Also hoping your Cuban family stays safe.
 
Welcome back Clara. So glad you had a good time making memories with your family.
 
Thanks everyone!!

@Tabbycat I love your new avatar!!!

I heard from my family in Cuba this morning, no problems in Havana as of now, it seems that Guantanamo and Santiago are the ones that were hit the hardest. My prayers are with everyone affected by this serious hurricane.

I finally feel like myself today, not as tired, it was rough going to work yesterday, I was exhausted, went to bed early and much better today.

I hope all my BS friends are doing well, I will catch up with everyone's updates today, I was not able to sign in BS last night I was getting an error message.
 
I love that you are feeling like yourself again. Saying grateful prayers that your family is safe from the storm.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
Such good news about your trip and your family in Havana. Welcome home!
 
I hadn't read about your clot scare when I posted earlier. I'm really impressed your OS acted so quickly and got you to ED. I am SO glad it was a sprain. I've got a flight scheduled (just 90 minutes) for 4 weeks after knee 2 and plan on wearing the dreaded white stockings for the flight. I also learned a trick during my 16 hour flights -- I got one of those super squishy memory foam small pillows from Brookstone - putting it under your feet and compressing flat 10-12 times every hour prevents swelling (and theoretically, clots).


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
@sheliac I thanks for the tip, when I go on long flights my feet always swell, I always have to ask my PC for a diuretic before I travel, but Cuba was only a 60 min flight so I didn't, the swelling had nothing to do with the flight anyways, it seems like now I can't even walk, I don't even remember twisting. I feel like I need to go in a bubble for at least 30 days and just chill, LOL
 
Stay safe. My cousin is down that way and said Matthew is coming. Hopefully you all will be on the western side and not get the brunt of it.
 
Stay safe, Clara. Ive had a sprained ankle before and the swelling is pretty severe, so back to elevating, icing. Keep off it for awhile.
 
I'm so glad your family is okay in Cuba and that you made it home safely...what a scare it must have been! Hope your knee is doing well these days:)
 
Clara, Tampa isn't evacuating? I have a friend who teaches at Madeira and she has said school is closed there.
 
@KarriB no evacuation, we are not supposed to get really bad weather, some 35-40 mph winds and 1-2 inches of rain, schools and many businesses are closed. My office closed. The worst weather will be on the east coast, Melbourne,W Palm Beach, Daytona, Jacksonville, Cape Canaveral and even Orlando, I'm sure I'm missing some areas. I pray it will not be as devastating as predicted.
 
So you're able to hunker down in your own home. That must be a relief to not have to leave your things. Stay dry and safe!
 
Glad the storm brunt is missing you.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom