TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

We had some wind through the night and early morning, not very strong, and a little rain last night, none today, it's overcast, but I went out to run a few errands, did not see any debris on the road, we were lucky.

@Floridagal I guess you didn't have any damage either???

I have not heard from @FlaGranny nor @dianehelen...I hope everyone is ok!!
 
Well today is 4 months since my TKR and I have pretty much have been able to resume my life, pain free this time, I have not had any knee pain in weeks, my foot swells once in a while and the knee feels tired at times but I really have no complaints.

I can walk, use stairs, and ride my recumbent bike without problems. The real test is when we go dancing next time, my husband and I love to dance, let's see how my baby knee behaves. I want to concentrate on loosing some weight and really taking good care of my knee. I have such a hard time with weight loss when I am stressed and I seem to stay in that state of chaos.

We had to bring my dad to the hospital at 5:30 a.m. all the tests are not back yet, but they think he had a small stroke. He seems to be back to normal now, but we'll see.

I can't seem to get through one week without something stressful happening but this too shall pass, I know that I am very blessed and God is always there to help me through whatever life throws at me.
 
@uva55
I'm sorry to hear about your Dad needing to visit the hospital. Hoping and praying he will be alright. I think you've made a really good recovery from this surgery all things considered. I know you've had lots of stressful events, but you always seem to face them with courage and grace and never lose sight of the positive, and you are always a blessing to this forum.
Tabby xxx
 
Clara, happy 4 month new knee anniversary! So glad to hear you are pain free and resuming life. For those of us behind you it is very encouraging to hear you can walk, use stairs and soon to try dancing again. At almost 10 weeks my foot tends to swell when I leave the leg down and after PT but looks like in time it will get better.
Sorry to hear your Dad might of had a stroke. I will keep him in my prayers. You are such a positive person and so encouraging. Keep your head up and I will whisper prayers of less stress in your life. God is good!
 
Great report in your knee!

I hope your dad is doing well today and doesn't suffer any lasting consequences. I'll pray for him.
 
I'm hoping your dad makes a full recovery. So happy to hear you are pain free and fully able to live your life. Can't wait to hear about you going dancing.

:wowspring:
 
4 months- PARTY!!

Saying prayers for your dad.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. It's been nearly two weeks since my mother was in the ER and then admitted. She is fine, but those 24 hours were stressful. I know I'm so lucky to have them both. Praying all is good with your dad also.
 
Wow - so happy to hear your 4-month report and hope you'll post a pic of you dancing! :yahoo:

Watching our parents age is very hard, especially when we struggle with our own health issues. I'll say a little prayer for you and him.
 
Dad is doing much better...MRI showed that he's had several TIA'S the one yesterday I guess it was a little more severe.

I had been under the impression that once you had any type of metals in your body you could not have an MRI, my dad had a shoulder replacement in January and I was told that there are compatible MRI equipment, so I learned something new.

We are hoping to go home today.

Thank you for your prayers!
 
I was told that when you have an MRI a little piece of metal is dangerous because it can move. They are not worried about big pieces of metal like in our replacements. They aren't going anywhere!
 
Praying for your dad, you and yours right now.


Shelia
RTKR - 8/23/16
LTKR - 10/11/16
 
[several TIA'S]

Oh, wow! Did they find any damage from them? How nerve-wracking that must be, to find out you've had several and never knew. Glad he is doing ok now. You take care, and keep us updated!
 
Clara, my mother had several TIAs. They were worrying at the time, but the effects soon seemed to pass, except that her general condition declined over a couple of years. After one TIA she lost the ability to speak, but it came back several hours later. I hope your Dad is OK now.

I have had both knees replaced and yet I was able to have an MRI of my ankle a few months ago.
 
Just read your thread, Clara. I am also dealing with the possibility that my 99 year old mother may be having TIAs. They don't seem to affect her motor skills but more judgment, memory, personality. She is in assisted living several miles from our home. If her condition doesn't improve she may need to transfer to a unit with a higher level of care. Glad that your dad is better and may be able to go home. Prayers for his good health as well as yours.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom