Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

That's good news, Clara! I pray you continue on this blessed path of yours!
 
Wonderful! My nausea is just about gone. I am still careful to eat with pills. I hope you keep on feeling good.
 
@HookEm613 this is my recovery thread, you said insomnia has been a problem for you...sleeping has not been much of a problem for me, yet, off and on nausea has...ughhhhh :(
 
@uva55 re your nausea, are making sure you are always taking your oxy with food, especially some protein. Some will be ok with just some crackers, but if that doesnt help, add some protein, a cheeses stick, greek yogurt, or a protein drink may help. Are you sleeping thru the night if so thats amazing. How has your pain been?

Hope you have a good day today.
 
@dianehelen My pain is not bad, I have been taking my pain meds as scheduled, I cut my Oxy down from 10mg to 5mg since Saturday and I'm doing OK with it, my nausea is not as bad, I can deal with it, I just have no appetite (first time in my life, I think, lol) and is very hard to get food down, then my mouth is very dry and I feel like I have to chew my food 1000 times, but I do try to eat a little...the constipation does not help either and I do take laxative and stool softener and drink plenty of fluids...I think is just a process we have to go through, I can't believe it's a week today, I really hope some of these annoying issues start getting resolved now:beg: I just better see some weight coming off, it's the least I should get out of this, haha
 
@dianehelen overall my sleeping has not been bad since Friday! I haven't been able to get a full night sleep in a long time, so waking up a couple of times a night is good for me!
 
Dry mouth is from the oxy. Lots of symptoms get better when you can get off narcotics!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
better see some weight coming off

I can tell you, from my hip nighmare experience, living on oxy for 8 months with the excruciating wound vac dressing changes, I also, first time in my life had no appetite, I lost 30 pounds. Also, get some biotene spray for your mouth (dicovered that from my chemo experience) :) . Im just a walking , well hobbling, medical advisor from my last few years of medical crapola , lucky me huh?
 
@dianehelen that's great, we'll just call you our BS Wikipedia, lol... I think one of the great things about BS is that there are so many of us sharing our experiences, we all contribute our little grain of salt and we can learn from each other!
 
Don't let them hurt you! Remember, you don't really need PT to get your knee back. It will happen naturally as your daily activities increase. I have lots of experience with knee rehab and I do it on my own without all the pit falls that PT can give you. Not to mention the pain!
 
Tomorrow I start the outpatient PT. I am excited too. At least I'll be out of the house and see some new friendly faces. Nausea left and now has returned, go figure. I am on NO narcotics right now. I hope you like your PT. None of mine hurt me, much. I just yelled loudly and they backed off. :heehee:
 
I stopped taking Tramadol on Sunday. I saw I only had two pills left and decided to save them. Maybe I am experiencing withdrawal. I don't see much difference in my pain without it. It's just 2 Tylenol every six hours.
 
OOPS!!! Sorry, Clara. I thought I was writing in my own thread, and I was on yours!! I wonder if there is a way to move this?


You can just copy the text, paste it on your post, then come back and just delete it here. But WOW I sure hope I fo as well. Great for you!
 
@HookEm613 this is my recovery thread, you said insomnia has been a problem for you...sleeping has not been much of a problem for me, yet, off and on nausea has...ughhhhh :(

The nausea has been torturous. I've resorted to protein shakes because I am lucky if I can get 700 calories in a day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom