TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

Taking that cape off is the hardest thing, but it makes things a lot easier if you can hang it in the closet for a bit. Happy healing!
 
So glad you a have brand new baby knee now Clara! You're going to need to sit and let us all pamper you in words here- and those around you in deeds. It's not always easy- but very, very important you just take it easy and let the healing continue!

For the first 2wks after my replacement I swore I would never ever do such a thing again. But now, only 4wks later, I've changed my opinion on that! It's so wonderful being able to walk without that piercing arthritic pain.

Hang tight on those bonesmart mantras. They really, REALLY helped me get though those initial weeks of recovery.

Congratulations- it's all up from here!

(((HUGS))), Suzie!

:elevate: :chillpill: :ice: :sleep::sleep::sleep:

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@Suz thank you for your nice words, I'm feeling better, and my pain is being controlled...I'm hoping that when I get home the ability to sleep will improve!!
 
Oh, ya. That super woman cap will be needed just to do the minimum but he right. This is the time to get all the help you can. I am sure that in the past you have helped others, now is their time to be there for you. Have a good day.
 
Clara I love that take the super woman cape off - that's awesome and oh so true. Let others do for you right now and before you know you'll be strapping that cape back on. Hoping you get home today and everything continues as good as it's been. Great news


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
If you have any trouble sleeping Clara, don't just suffer through. I did my first two weeks and I was going bonkers between the exhaustion and trying to find my way through the discomfort. Some here ask their surgeon or family doc for something to help them sleep. I took (and still take) a tylenol PM every evening and I get at least 6hrs of colorful dreaming- lol! Sleep is as important to your recovery as elevating and icing your knee in my opinion. Our bodies do most of their healing when we are fast asleep!

[Bonesmart.org] Clara welcomes her new knee!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It will feel so good to be in your own bed, and hopefully you'll be able to get some good sleep. Others my have mentioned this already, but it's a good idea to set your phone alarm to remind you to take your pain meds on time, it's a bummer when you skip a dose, as you already know! Have an easy trip home.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
We got home from the hospital around 3:30, and even though I am happy to be home, it has been a challenging day, had PT in the morning and that was fine, but between PT and the drive home I have been in lots of pain, it's actually better now, but wow it was tough for a few hours, I've also had nausea all day... Fun times!
 
I'm glad you made it home and have gotten settled in. Try to eat a little bit when taking your meds. If you still feel nauseous your OS can prescribe medication for that.
 
I'm glad you got home safe and sound.


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad you made it through, are home, and on the road to recovery.

I find eating (or drinking) something with protein when taking the pain meds really helps reduce the nausea. You can also ask your doctor to prescribe Zofran, which is a medicine to prevent nausea and vomiting.

As everyone else has already said, take your meds on time, set an alarm on your phone, and keep that leg elevated and iced.

Good wishes for a speedy recovery.
 
I agree, get your dr to rx Zofran, a very affective anti nausea.hope you get set up and comfortable at home.

As others have said, keep up with pain meds, and sleep whenever or wherever you can.

Let the healing begin.
 
I was able to get some rest last night, only woke up to change the ice packs and take pain meds...swelling has gone down a bit, the pain is there but under control...I think that it's amazing that even with the swelling I can see that my knee is straighter... My head is in a fog from the meds, but overall I'm feeling ok:flwrysmile:
 
love seeing this. . :loveshwr: Just a few days out and you seem to be doing well. Was your leg valgus (knock knee) before, that you are seeing straighter now? That's one of my hopes for my crooked valgus leg.keep up the good healing. I was having such an artritis pain day yesterday, I was in tears hoping august comes soon

Keep improving every day
 
@dianehelen I could not straighten that knee at all, it was very noticeable, but now I can see the difference already...PT came by to do the initial evaluation and he was very pleased with how I'm doing already.
 
That is so awesome Clara! How is your pain, seems tolerable from what you are posting.
 
Back
Top Bottom