Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

Great that the surgery is over with. I'm so sorry you couldn't get the spinal to work for you and that you went through such agony. Be sure and keep crackers or something like that to eat before taking your pain meds. I hope you're able to get a good night's sleep.
 
Good morning, my pain is under control, nausea is gone and I am feeling much better. I have walked to the bathroom numerous times and each time I feel more in control over my leg...very little continues sleep...you know how they are in the hospital, but have taken many short naps...PT is suppose to come by around 9 a.m. My nurse said they are pretty good and they don't push too hard!
 
So happy to hear you are more comfortable today, make sure PT are very gentle, and make the most of those naps :sleep:
 
Good to hear you are more comfortable now


49 year old
Recurrent dislocating patella left knee since age 14
Meniscus tear repair 1 March 13
Scheduled for BTKR in 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Remember to not let pt touch your leg. You are to remain in control at all times! Hopefully, everything will go smoothly and you'll be able to go home very quickly.
 
Oh so good to hear from you. So sorry it was such a rough time. Did you know ahead of time they were gonna try the spinal vs general? Sure hope they get your pain under control.
 
Welcome to the other side. It is good to have the pain under control! I understand that 25 pain!!! God bless you. Take it easy today and REST! How long will you be in the hospital?
 
Hi Clara, I hope the worst of it is behind you now. Sorry it's been so rough. Sending positive vibes and healing thoughts.
 
Also I had nausea and vomiting all the first day. They switched me to Dilaudid and that seemed to Take care of it. Try and rest as much as is possible in a hospital! Once home it gets more peaceful.
 
Congratulations on making it this far. Be good to yourself and you will soon be home.
 
Yeah! The worst is over! Congratulations! The road to recovery is long but nothing will ever be as bad as the first few days.


RTKR January 6 2016
LTKR March 23 2016

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Congrats on your new knee. I'm glad you're feeling better today. Sleep whenever you can and stay on top of your pain meds schedule.
 
How are you feeling now with your first full on the other side. Hopefully tolerating, and improving. Thinking of you
 
How are you? How did pt go? Have you done the steps yet? Up with the good, down with the bad. They drilled that in my head! But, I bet most of us were doing that anyway, after our suffering with our knees all these years!
 
Hello, just chiming in to say I am thinking about you and hope your relative comfort this morning has lasted all day. It sounds like you had quite an ordeal at the beginning and I am deeply sorry to know that. Looking forward to following your progress and hope to hear more good news. Rest easy now.
 
Today has a pretty good day overall, the only setback I had was my fault, I had zero pain when they brought me the meds at 7 a.m., and refused my Oxy so that I could take it when I had PT around 9 a.m., well by 8 a.m. I was in pain and very sorry I didn't listen to my nurse or Bonesmart...but all is well now, had PT twice today, they were very gentle, however it still tired me out.

@dianehelen I was told I was going to have spinal, I did tell my OS about my degenerative disc disease affecting my lower back, but he still wanted to try, he said it would be better for me and the post-op pain, but he was very upset when he found out how many times I was stuck.

Hopefully I will be going home tomorrow morning...I was very fortunate to have 2 amazing nurses, that is so important to me, I have dealt with mean ones in the past, so I know how lucky I am!!!
 
Ouch, on the pain med time decision. Guess live & learn. We are over on the other side of the bsy now in st pete. I waved to as we drove across I-275 across the water. Having a glass of wine raised in your honor, for continued feeling better every day.
 
Clara, I guess you got the bad stuff right up front, so you deserve an easy go of it from here! Good for you for being able to shake that off. All your BoneSmart friends are here pulling for you, and stand ready to support you in any way we can. Sending hugs and love your way...:tada:
 
Clara congrats on making it to the other side and getting through your first couple of days. Sounds like a bit of a rough start with the nausea and the oops on the pain meds decision. I think a lot of us have made that same oops but that's one you don't typically repeat (hehe). I hope everything continues to be positive and good luck when you go home tomorrow.
 
@LFitz , you know it, I will take all my meds as scheduled...my husband said that I need to take the super woman cape off once in while, he knows me well,hahaha :wowspring:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom