Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

@HookEm613 I don't understand why your doctor would do that, it has no impact on him and it would make it much easier on you :(
 
Unreal! A WEEK out from Knee replacement you went for a walk, outside.wow, you really ARE super woman, and you dont need no darn cape. Another amazing bonesmart success.
 
No nausea is wonderful! I'm taking motion-sickness pills for my nausea. They help a lot, but make me sleepy. But, right now every thing makes me sleepy! I hope you didn't over do it with your little walk. I'm still paying for the little one I took Sunday afternoon! I pray you don't.
 
@sistersinhim so far the knee doesn't feel any worse, it always seems a little stiffer/tighter by the end of the day...I didn't over due it, it was a short walk, I just had to step outside for a few minutes, I feel like I'm in prison, lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad you're feeling OK after your outside walk. Boy, do I agree with you about feeling like you're in prison! And those darn blues want to take over, too. Just getting out in the sunshine is uplifting.
 
Clara, you are doing amazingly well. I'm glad your nausea is better, I hope that continues. It must have been good to get some fresh air outside, be extra careful though, it's very early days!
Tabby xxx
 
Clara this is amazing! 1 week out and outside for a little stroll - sunshine and fresh air is good for whatever ails you. I know you know this, but like Tabby said its still early days so please be careful.:flwrysmile:
 
Celebrate those victories, Clara! My nausea has subsided too. Maybe our bodies finally got used to the meds. Also, I slept well last night (yea!!) which was the reward for my restless night the night before. During recovery, we really appreciate the little things we used to take for granted, don't we?
 
Well last night was not fun, I took my last dose of Gabapentin on Monday night, and since last night I have been feeling what I think may be nerve pain, my leg felt so sensitive and kind of like a burning sensation, I could not tolerate ice or even my blanket over my leg. I did not get much sleep at all. I placed a call to my OS to see if I can get more Gabapentin or if this is normal and I just have to tough it out...PT came and she was great, she just worked on relaxation and told me what to work on when I felt better.

Just another challenge in the life of my new knee, tomorrow will be better :bored:
 
Well, my OS's office called, he does not want me back on Gabapentin, they said what I'm feeling is part of the process...yayyyyyyy:swoon:
 
Oh Clara sorry to hear that and I feel you I was the same way with that leg for few weeks following surgery. At that time (prior to this site) I didn't know there was such a thing a Gabapentin. I hope the relaxation work with the pt helped and continues to help you while your leg settles down.
 
@uva55, I guess your pain is normal because I have been feeling the same way. It burns just to touch it in certain areas of my knee. I can't stand for my gown or capries to touch it. It's like a bad sunburn. All this normal stuff is the pits! I guess we'll just put up with it until it goes away. I sure would like to have a few good days in a row though! Not this up and down ride. It's depressing. I get so excited when I'm having a good day and think it's on the mend big time. Then the bad day comes for no reason other than it's normal. I'd say let's kick those bad days to the curb!
 
@sistersinhim and @LFitz I know, but I guess we all knew it was not going to a bowl of cherries (well maybe with pits), haha, as long as it's a normal process, I don't like it but the show must go on...I guess when we have a good day we better not take it for granted and enjoy the hell out if it:beg:
 
You are so right! I will thank God for every good day I have and ask Him to carry us through these bad ones!
 
It looks like you are well on your way to getting through your tkr. Hang in there everyday is one day closer to full recovery. Just continue to listen to your body in this case your knee and go with the flow. I had my knee done in November and it was to cold to go outside so enjoy the good weather but take it easy. Soon you will be looking back and saying I made it.
:flwrysmile::yes!::happydance::flwrysmile:
 
Ughhhh what fun I have to look forward to. My husband takes gabapentin 4x a day for peripheral neuropathy in his feet. Interesting that it's rx post knee replacement. I wonder how many do get that rx?

I hope you start feeling better soon.
 
Clara, and others who are experiencing discomfort today, I hope you will soon feel better! I'm aching today but no sunburn. I never got gabapentin Diane @dianehelen but I've read many here who have!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I took one Benadryl last and was able to sleep all night, did set alarm for pain meds, this morning I feel so much better, the burning sensation is gone and I am able to walk much better, even the swelling seems to be better.

TKR recovery is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get, each morning I wake up, get out of bed and say "OK, what do you have for me today? what little surprise do you have in store for me today?"

I hope this beautiful morning finds all of my recovery family feeling stronger, rested and a little more pain free, and for those of you that are still waiting for your surgery, even when we have a challenging day tomorrow will probably be better :loveshwr:
 
Back
Top Bottom