Guest viewing is limited

TKR Clara welcomes her new knee!!!

I didn't have much of an appetite my first 4wks post-op. But one thing I never ever did was take pain meds, not even tylenol, on an empty stomach. I'm sure most here don't but wanted to mention it just in case!

Hope things are going good for you Clara- especially at you know where- LOL!!
 
At least we'll be able to be much more active once we get our new knees recovered @HookEm613! I gained weight the year pre-op that I put off my TKR because it was too painful to do anything other than what had to be done. That's neat you and Clara had your TKR's so close together!
 
Good luck at pt tomorrow Clara. Remember no pain is more gain, don't let anyone tell you different.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well I guess I jinxed myself...I didn't sleep very much last night;(
 
Sorry to hear that Clara, take lots of naps today. Remember the super woman cape is still only allowed to be hanging in the closet :-)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well I survived my PT, actually she was not bad at all, my flexion was 88, and my she my extension was almost where it needs to be!!! Nap time :)
 
Hi @uva55 (Clara!), I had my PT today too, and I was braced for battle after a sleepless night of my own. Turned out that I loved her, and she didn't even measure my ROM or extension. One great thing about her is that she has had a hip replacement herself. I think that makes a big difference. The main thing she did with me was to call my doctor and work out a different medication plan. Who knew PTs did that? I wish I could keep her throughout my recovery, but I only get her for 2 weeks. Maybe we'll have a 2 a.m. online chat one of these nights. :bored:
 
@Happydale I only have mine for 5 more visits also...maybe this is why we didn't sleep well last night...the FEAR of PT :shocked:haha
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That's wonderful Clara! Seems the 'She' PT's may be a little more understanding and gentle?! LOL! I have mine scheduled out for the next 8wks with Heather & Jessica, per my request!
 
After the next 2 weeks then I have to do out patient PT...I love insurance carriers!!
 
My doctor himself wouldn't allow home visits, I was bummed!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
More great news. Im just amazed how well you are doing, and so soon after surgery. Just super duper!
 
Today was the first day I was 100% nausea free, it may be short lived, but I'll take what I can get. I was not hungry but I was able to eat a little more. After dinner, my husband and I went for a short walk outside, it felt nice. Today was a great day :loveshwr:
 
Back
Top Bottom