@phillau43 please do not go cracking anything! Your comment made me chuckle in light of our situation and all our precautions!

I tried the up and down from the floor and failed! I could get on the my knees but then couldn't make the move to sitting and turning. It felt wrong, like I'd be twisting and I know that us a no no so stopped, got up and decided I've no rush to get on the floor so it can wait. The exercises they'd suggested fir the floor can also wait as, like we are told regularly on here, the hip does pretty well on its own and I'm trying to let it do just that, with just gentle strengthening exercises that have been good so far. Strangely it was a different PT and I didn't like her as much as the other one. She kept saying it had been a while since she'd done the post 6 week session which, as the patient, isn't the most reassuring, especially when you try the movements on your own at home and realise you just can't!

The drive went well, though I had to do lots of seat adjustment for my foot to be able to transition between pedals. It was clear how I'd had to adapt pre surgery based around pain and necessary sitting position then. Emergency stop performed too and I'm going to ring work with ' the plan' well my side of it at least, later this morning.
I will also be calling the doctors to see if I can get an appointment for a couple of things, in particular sleeping or to be more specific lack of it, which is a worry in respect of working and the fact that as much as I have had improved sleep got the last 10 days it has been down to herbal sleeping tablets and I need to discuss ways forward as their precautions says they should they be needed for more than 2 weeks to Donal to a doctor. I didn't sleep last night, possibly managed an hour max, and did some movement whereby the ache in my thigh suddenly gave a shooting pain and got worse so I'll raise that with the doc too, though both the OS and the PT said the thigh pain I'd described was just part of healing I don't like the fact it just suddenly got worse. I was also more short tempered and poor hubby couldn't do right for doing wrong and clearly we all know how that ends up! Does this near 7 week 'situation' sound familiar to anyone?

As I've said before it is really small steps journey this recovery lark and like you said
@phillau43 normality and whatever that is for each of us will be warmly welcomed when it arrives! I know I'm getting frustrated, stir crazy and do miss just 'doing'.
