THR ChrissW's recovery thread

Congratulations on your new venture @ChrissyW ! It sounds like something very much needed and now there's hope for the future with a vaccine hopefully schools will be flocking for your services! NLP is interesting...have had several training sessions in my previous work life. Good luck with your shoulder. I still overwork mine regularly and my Pilates instructor/physio really helps to work on it without undue injury. I'm doing swell, hip (mostly gluteus medius muscle) is getting stronger each month and my divot is decreasing with time. Hugs to you as you plot your way to a healthy happy satisfying future!! :flwrysmile:
 
Evening everyone. I was accessing my old iPad so thought I would drop by. Hope everyone is doing well and just wanted to say, if they are about, that I miss my fellow hippy sisters. @Calgal , @Mayhip8 , @ahipgma and @Layla . Our virtual holidays should have been preparation for the times we are now going through but I must admit it is exceptionally hard. Just to update my hippy sisters, if they do drop by, business still acting like tumbleweed but my book is in the process of being published so the next time I pop by I will hopefully be a published author. Love to you all and I miss each one of you and our daily chats. That is what is missing in this lockdown compared to our recovery period xxx
 
So nice to hear from you, Chrissy! Thanks for stopping by.
Something we all can relate to is the unusual and not always pleasant times we‘re experiencing currently. Makes those virtual holidays even more of a joy to reflect upon. It felt like a more simple time even though it was in our very recent past.
Enough on that downer of a subject. Let’s focus on the future and hopefully brighter days soon. :SUNsmile:

I hope you‘ve been well, your hip also and wishing the same for Mayhip, Calgal, and ahipgma. Congrats on the upcoming publication of your book. So exciting and such a wonderful accomplishment. I’m very happy for you!
Sending a hug and best wishes. Be safe, stay well and don’t be a stranger! :friends:
@ChrissyW
 
Hello dear @ChrissyW !
How wonderful to hear from you and find out about your accomplishments, in the midst of a pandemic to boot!
Hubs and I started watching Great British baking show starting with season 1 as we call it here and through we both enjoy it i am missing our convos about food we used to have the mention of puddings and teas and curries back when we were new hippy sisters. Miss our travels and you all and wish you the very best.
@Layla @Calgal @Mayhip8 :loveshwr:
 
Hello again and lovely to hear from you @Layla and @ahipgma. Strangely you mentioned cooking @ahipgma and I have currently got a curry cooking away and some bread dough rising. As the hubby has been unwell we’ve started cooking nearly everything from scratch and eating vegan/vegetarian options. I also bake a baby cake that is both fat free and virtually sugar free (it’s not the most exciting cake but at least it is cake!) Strange what you can learn when you have to! Getting really excited for my book, having spent much of today liaising with the creative designer for the cover, making it seem even more real. Anyway, let’s raise a glass (and now we are not still recovering from surgery a real one) to us, our strength, resilience and ability to keep on going with a smile on our faces xx
 
Anyway, let’s raise a glass (and now we are not still recovering from surgery a real one) to us, our strength, resilience and ability to keep on going with a smile on our faces xx

Yes! I love your optimism! Beer is not my choice of an adult beverage, but I’ll plug my nose and sip quick for the toast to all that’s good! :cheers:

Be safe and stay well, Chrissy!
 
This time 2 years ago my recovery was on its way! Love to all and hope everyone's hips are as fantastic as they are. @ahipgma , @Calgal @Layla and @Mayhip8 i do miss our chats. This last Lockdown has actually been lonelier than when I was sat home recovering and I'm just looking forward to better times. Xx
 
This time 2 years ago my recovery was on its way! Love to all and hope everyone's hips are as fantastic as they are. @ahipgma , @Calgal @Layla and @Mayhip8 i do miss our chats. This last Lockdown has actually been lonelier than when I was sat home recovering and I'm just looking forward to better times. Xx


Great news.

How did you find things after your first year. Were you 50 percent better?
 
By the time you begin to get concerned over one particular issue, it often subsides and another new pain can pop up elsewhere.
Especially as we get more active...and it often doesn't surface until we have stopped!


That is certainly me. Frustrating element of rehab for sure.
 
This time 2 years ago my recovery was on its way! Love to all and hope everyone's hips are as fantastic as they are. @ahipgma , @Calgal @Layla and @Mayhip8 i do miss our chats. This last Lockdown has actually been lonelier than when I was sat home recovering and I'm just looking forward to better times. Xx


Great news.

How did you find things after your first year. Were you 50 percent better?
More than that, mobility had fully returned and the only ache I still get since surgery is occasional twinges in the thigh area and sometimes the knee but compared to what I was like I'd still say I'm over 95% now. It feels ages ago when I was struggling with everything but I'd say that once I got back to work after 8 weeks (had a phased return too) and started to be able to do more normal things healing also seemed to just flow
 
Happy Two Year Anniversary!
Whew, time flies. I‘m sorry the latest lockdown has you feeling lonely. I believe you’re probably in good company. Twenty-twenty will definitely be a year to remember for us all. Now that we’re almost halfway through 2021, I‘m finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel in my area. So thankful! With any luck the situation in your part of the world is easing also.

I hope ahipgma, Calgal and Mayhip8 have stayed safe and well through all of this. I wonder how Mayhip’s non-op hip is doing these days. It would be wonderful to hear from her also. It’s good to read your hip is 95%. I was reminded early on by my surgeons PA that while our prosthetic hip can get close...it will never match our natural hip. I’d probably put myself at about 95% also if I take into consideration any remaining reminders that it’s not the hip I was born with.

So nice to hear from you, Chrissy, and learn you’re doing well. May it long continue. Stay safe, well and keep the thought that brighter days are on their way. :SUNsmile:
@ChrissyW
 
There again. Our natural hip wears out as we age and often is well below 100%.
 
I check for messages every couple of weeks and was tickled pink to see the notification pop up! Celebrated hip #1 on May 3. How much nicer this lovely site made my recovery. My hip replacements never give me trouble, its the twinges and still a little weakness from all the cutting. BUT! I walk every day and its wonderful. No regrets.
I wish I knew if @Mayhip8 got her #2
done as well,bless her. I'm sorry about the loneliness @ChrissyW , sending you a cyber hug! Things are slowly coming back here, had both my vaccines. I remember you and your hubs used to travel! Hope that happens again soon . Hang in there, love from across the pond. And you also @Layla
 
Thought I would drop by here too! Starting to feel a bit more like myself and @ahipgma, in answer to your question on @Mayhip8 's thread, I am now officially a published author! My guide book for students is out there and selling!:yahoo:
 
Congratulations on being a published author, Chrissy!
Such a wonderful accomplishment which I’m sure took a lot of effort and dedication. I’m happy for you and hope your book is a great success. :yay:

May the Summer of 2021 be one of your best and a profitable one to boot.
Cheers to that! :cheers:
@ChrissyW
 
Great to hear from you @ChrissyW well done on your publication - many hours of hard work went into it no doubt.Do you want to post a link so I can buy a copy? Sending love and positive thoughts to our hippy buddies @ahipgma @Calgal @Layla xxxx
 
@Elf1 things are just starting to move forwards, and like I always say, onwards and upwards xx:chuckmarch:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom