MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@tigz that's interesting to know. We've got some tweezers here so might try that myself - almost impossible to get an appointment with the duty nurse at my surgery!!
It's best not to do it yourself. You run the risk of introducing infection.
 
Have my Physio appointment today. Knee felt and moved fairly well yesterday. Woke up about 3am this morning to find that I'd been sleeping with my knee bent, boy did it hurt to straighten it! Must have been in that position for some hours. Very tender on outside of knee now, will ice and elevate this morning and speak to Physio about it. :groan:
 
That happened to me quite a few times early on. I tried to fall asleep on my side with my leg a straight as possible, but I never woke up that way!

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
Feeling a lot easier now, guess that's all part of the recovery process. I try to sleep on my side with it straight but as @tigz said never wake up that way!!:curtsey:
 
Oh and it killed me behind the knee when I straightened - but not for long. I'd lay on my back with something under my foot to get a good s-t-r-e-t-c-h. Took a while to work that kink out, but it got to be if I woke up during the night I made sure I was on my back for a bit and got a good stretch for the back of the leg. Inevitably I'd roll back over on the side.
 
Had good physio session. ROM is good - physio very pleased with my progress. I have 100° bend which is excellent and 0° extension.
She said l need the dissolvable stitch (which has now worked its way to the surface) cut as they can cause problems, so have got an appointment tomorrow with the nurse.
Still have to use my walking stick as my walking still needs that little bit of improvement but I'm almost there. Need to get the quads working properly so the knee bends more naturally.
All in all, I'm happy with where l am at 4 weeks post op.
 
Knee is quite stiff and a little sore today after Physio session yesterday. Didn't hurt at the time otherwise I'd have said something. Guess my muscles are protesting after not being used properly for almost 3 years - much of that time, wearing a brace!! Must also try not to limp!
Having my dissolvable stitch cut today so that my wound can close over and heal and then a visit to the dentist to have my broken tooth assessed, really hoping it can be mended. :scaredycat:
 
You're doing well. :yay::happydance:

It's a good idea to keep using your walking stick until your gait is normal and natural.

Best wishes for the stitch clipping and the visit to your dentist.
 
@Celle Guess I'm trying to run before l can walk, that's always been one of my main faults!! I need to be more patient, as the old saying goes 'Rome wasn't built in a day' and knees are no different.
 
Just had my 'dissolvable' stitch removed at the surgery. With any luck the scar will heal properly over the next couple of days.
Now to get my tooth fixed!!
 
@CATSMUM I just wish they dissolved like they were supposed to instead of showing themselves outside my body! PT got rid of another one for me yesterday!

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
@tigz Me too, they really are a nuisance. Funnily enough the wound has now almost closed up completely and that's only a couple of hours after the stitch was removed!

Good news at the dentist, just restored my tooth (pin, liner and filling) at no cost to me, so I'm a happy girl, also no injection as my dentist doesn't believe in giving them unless absolutely necessary, so no numb mouth.:happydance:
 
@CATSMUM I waited until they were out enough to grab with tweezers and pull out. That's what he told me to do. He actually managed to pull one out with his fingers when taking care of the blood blister. I told him I prefer tweezers. :)
:yikes:
 
Just been visited by the Energy Drain monster, felt so tired and really cold, although it's the high 70s here today. Think the lack of sleep, visit to Physio, GP and dentist has finally caught up with me. Just starting to feel a little more human!!
 
Think l may have overdone things yesterday. Knee was feeling good so started helping around the house. Went to pub for an hour and sat outside admiring the scenery. Knee starts playing up when l got home, very tender at bottom of scar, really hope it's only soft tissue protesting at being abused and nothing else. Icing and elevating knee now and taking my meds to try and get it to settle down to where it was yesterday morning.
 
Yes, you probably did a bit too much. There shouldn't be any long term damage. Just treat you knee to to some extra Rest, Ice and Elevation.
 
You'd have thought I'd have learnt that you cat take liberties with your knee, especially as I had my left one replaced 2 years ago. Think l might use my tens machine on it and see if that helps settle it down again - in between resting, elevating and icing it.
 
Is that your cat in a box? Very cute. Good news re the dentist. And how could you not sit and admire the scenery in that lovely part of the country that you live in? Hope the knee settles today.
 
Thanks Raffs and yes that's my boy, Fergus, in the box. He loves it, spends hours sleeping in it. If he's not in the house lounging on the bed, he's normally in his box, lol. Your pussycat looks very regal.
 
Back
Top Bottom