Guest viewing is limited

MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

hi @CATSMUM try not to be discouraged!! You are doing great both your doctors have told you!! I know it is easy for me to say (since I am STILL waiting) and I want you to remind me when I am impatient because I know I will definitely be the most impatient..... I think call the doctor about the Scar is most important. They will figure it out and I am sure you are not the first one!!! So smile today - a brand new week and one day closer to full recovery for you!! You haven't hit your month yet. Try focusing on something fun in the future - a fun outing or plan a nice vacation for the end of the year or early next year!! THAT is what I am trying to do - stay positive and that will keep your energy level as high as possible. Hang in there!!
 
Thanks for your kind words @iivesfam5. Got a telephone appointment with my GP surgery later this afternoon. Just want my mind put at rest about the scar, don't think there's anything they could do about it as l expect it will heal by itself in time, just want to know what l need to do (or not do) with it!
 
Spoken to the triage nurse, she wants to see me tomorrow morning to check the scar. Think it's ok but guess l need to err on the side of caution.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It never hurts to get something checked out! In the last nine weeks I've called the OS office three times they had me come in once.

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
So annoyed, now gone and broken a tooth. First available appointment is Friday! Blooming molar too, think it will either end up being crowned or filled.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry your having all these problems. Our knees def have a way of talking to us. We did not listen to them. Know there not listening to us.

What does your scar look like? Mine is healed but it separates at the top some. Check my thread latest photo out and see if it's what you're scar is doing. Mine is mainly from swelling. Xxx




FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Scar is healing well. Just got back from seeing the duty nurse at the surgery, turns out that the reason the scar isn't healing at the top of the knee is due to a dissolvable stitch working its way out. No infection thankfully, got to go back when the stitch breaks! [Bonesmart.org] CATSMUM's new road to recovery
 
Do u have some steri strips? May want to put few on. I also used stuff called liquaid skin Mine did that on top but some.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
@Angel1978 just waiting for some steristrips to arrive. I'll have a look for some liquid skin. Looked at your scar, made me realise how fortunate I am. Hope yours is getting ok.
 
The OS called me a "stitch spitter". LOL I had one that created a blood blister that they had to drain. 5 others I could pull out with tweezers he gave me.

sent from my Galaxy 4
 
@CATSMUM it was only bad watching him drain it. It didn't hurt, didn't take long at all, they bandaged it up and sent me on my way. Took the bandage off two days later and it looked fine but I kept a bandaid on it two more days just to be safe. All because of a stitch that should've dissolved internally. I think it happened because it was on a bendy part of my curvy medial scar (LOL on my description) where the stitch decided to pop out.
 
@tigz Still sounds horrid! Glad alls well now. Just noticed that one of my 'dissolvable' stitches has decided to say hello. Cut the end so at least it's now flat! Put steristrip over it just to be careful.
 
@CATSMUM I waited until they were out enough to grab with tweezers and pull out. That's what he told me to do. He actually managed to pull one out with his fingers when taking care of the blood blister. I told him I prefer tweezers. :-)
 
@tigz that's interesting to know. We've got some tweezers here so might try that myself - almost impossible to get an appointment with the duty nurse at my surgery!!
 
@CATSMUM he gave me tweezers and scissors that were sterile. I've wiped them with alcohol before using them just to be safe.
 
@tigz Oh ok. Might see if l can get an appointment for the end of the week in that case.
 
@CATSMUM you could ask if you could pull it out yourself when you call? Obviously there's that chance of infection you definitely don't want to mess with!
 
I was able to get mine out. Drove me bexerk lol. Hope all is well for you.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
I know them stitches is awful. See I was glued. And at almost 4 months I still have some. See my thread and I will post close up.

I also have knots on mine to. They say there stitches on inside and scar tissue and they never go away. Uh yeh sucks and scary to me. But soon I will know more details.

Anyway enough about me. Your scar is healing beautiful. I know you have the internal stitches. There like thick sharp fish line. Did u have stitches glue on top? I don't think I saw scar earlier.

Peace out. Hope ya have s blessed night.


FaithMitchmommy
PKR December.1,2014
TKREV MARCH.2,2015
 
Back
Top Bottom