MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@kakamac 56 We are almost knee sisters as we are so close in dates. I wear my IT band all the time, without it my knee is so stiff and sore. The physics are fairly sure that it is the IT band causing the problem but l think l also have debris/scar tissue as my knee crunches and grinds when l bend it, not painful but just a little concerning!
 
I have had a few funny bits too one day I had pain in the front of my knee with my knee clicking but after a couple of days it went away.....is your knee still swollen at the side onto your knee.....that's were I still have to ice at times. I have only had 2 physio sessions and he doesn't seem too worried about it...but if it continues I'm going back to my own doctor.....Yeh we could be knee sisters lol x

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
Yep, knee is still swollen on the outer side of my knee. Haven't iced for a few days so perhaps l should dig out my instant ice packs now and then! Will let you know how l get on with the IT band treatment this coming Friday. x
 
That would be good thanks it's so hard to describe to people what your knee feels like when you take the band off... take care x

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
I've been wearing my IT band strap too and it really helps. However.... I saw a different physio last night who said I don't have IT band issues but instead I have quad and patella tendon issues. He explained that by putting the strap completely around the knee and thereby compressing the quads I am affecting the quad and patella tendons as well as the IT band. So it could be @CATSMUM and @kakamac 56 that your issues are not solely related to your IT bands - could be that you have some quad and/or patella tendonitis too? I hope you don't but if you do then we can be the Tendonitis Triplets!
 
@Raffs Thats very interesting. I'm due to have treatment on Friday for my IT band so will see what happens. If that doesn't work then it could definitely be the tendinitis that you have. I've not been wearing my IT band for a country lie of days and notice that the side and bottom of my knee is really tender, even touching it is sore. We could well be Tendonitits Triplets! What exercises did he give you to do?
 
Mine is definitely my quad/patella tendon plus swelling plus tight band! He did three IT band tests - all of which I passed (don't ask me what he did, I was lying down staring at the wall!) and when he touched it I wasn't bothered by it, just a little tiny bit tender. I've got an inner range quad exercise - rolled up towel under knee and either press knee into the towel or raise foot up from the knee - apparently both work the same muscle. And outer range quad - sit in a chair, put a resistance band around the leg of the chair and the other end around my ankle. Starting with leg bent at 90 degrees, raise leg up from the to straight - or as near to straight as I can without it causing pain. He said that the best way to help the tendonitis is to do these exercises which will strength the quads and should help. I hope so!
 
@Raffs thank you for that you may well be right and triplets we might be....going back to get my knee checked as I put the band on myself thinking it was that....I left mine off today and it's still tight but not unbearable. I too felt at times my knee was constricted it the band but it did help with the tightness. ...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
Will let you all know how l get in with the treatment tomorrow. Knee has been very sensitive today, still tender when I touch it, guess it takes time.
 
@CATSMUM mine has been the same I felt as if I was back 2 months in my recovery was out today and had my knee support on....looking forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
@kakamac 56 I must admit I'm getting very frustrated with this knee. Glad that it's not only me that is having this type of discomfort.
 
@CATSMUM I am the same glad someone else is having the same symptoms we will not even remember this next year (I hope) ....

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
Had my knee assessed by Physio today, my IT Band, Quads and Hamstring are very tight and need a lot of work to get them back to normal. Will take a few deep massage therapy sessions to get them working properly again. Appears these problems are stopping my knee from extending properly.
 
Well st least you kniw now and can work on that.....did they say if the it band strapping helps? ...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
@kakamac 56 If it was just only the IT band then yes, however, if it helps to ease the discomfort then, yep, l can wear it.
 
That's good I need to go get mine checked too and see if it is the it band or something else ...thanks for that

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 
Knee was quite tender and sore yesterday at work. Very happy that l was working at home today. Was supposed to be going into the office tomorrow but unfortunately our car pass has expired and it takes 5 working days to get another one! Looks like I'll be working from home tomorrow too! :snork:
 
What kind of a car pass do you have to have? And good job on letting it expire. Enjoy your time at home.
 
A car pass to get into works car park.

Had my final knee class yesterday. Had second session of sports massage, left leg isn't too bad and right leg is beginning to settle. Therapist told me that the muscles in my right leg have started to soften up at last. She also confirmed the stiffness at the side of my knee is the IT band. Still crunches and grinds so will tell the OS about that when l see him next month. Having another massage session next week.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom