Guest viewing is limited

MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

Spent quite a long time standing, only walked about 1/2 Mile on a daily basis and most was on flat ground. It was a little swollen and warm after my flight (which was only a couple of hours), l took an ice pack with me that worked well when l rested it in the apartment. Had to rest though when necessary and not overdo things.
 
I'm supposed to do at least 1-2 hour walking tour and it has ups and downs and stairs
 
Umm, take it easy and build in rest periods. Your knee may well complain so you may need to ice at times. Just be prepared and you'll be fine.
 
Hello! I'm doing some Bonesmarting today so thought I'd drop by to say hi! Glad your hol was good, lol! xx
 
I know! I thought it was about time I made good on my promise and checked up on everyone! It's been great, feel like I'm having a reunion today with old friends. I didn't realise how much I'd missed all my knee buddies.
 
Drove the furthest distance today since my surgery, knee was a little sore as traffic was quite heavy and had yo do a lot of speeding up, slowing down! Had. Very nice tea with a friend though.
 
Glad to hear that you had a great tea with a friend. Good friends are worth a little bit of traffic. Hope the knee is feeling better by the time you read this.
 
@SarahJane You're right there. Known her for years so was good to catch up.

Had my Physio class yesterday, going to have some massage as IT band still causing tightness problems. Due to see OS in a month or so, if the massage doesn't help then he can investigate further.
 
First day in th office tomorrow, hubby driving me in (we work in the same building). Going to take some instant ice packs with me. Knee has been quite tight and a little tender but there again, l have been on my feet a lot today - Christmas puddings made! Will report tomorrow how l got on. Thankfully, I'm only working one day per week for th next couple of weeks in the office, and then my boss and l will see how things are after that.
 
@catsum. I'm envious that you were able to take off so long! But happy that you could
I got off 3 weeks and knee feels strange when standing on it. Band feeling came back two weeks ago and constant clicking when moving it ...but thankfully no pain
Stiff after sitting for more than 15 mins but flex it frequently.
How is your mobility and swelling??
 
@Dearjr I was fortunate enough to work from home from 15 Sept. Mobility isn't as good as I'd like it to be and the knee is still a little swollen. My main concern is sitting for hours with my knee bent. I think I'll have a chat with boss today and see if she'll be happy with me going home at noon and then doing the rest of my workday from home.
 
I know where your coming from the knee gets stiff if not moved for a while
I try to ice at lunch and after work
So I get to ice 2-3 times a day....not sure why it does to the slight swelling but it feels nice
 
Left work about 1pm having been there since 7am. Knee felt very tight. Iced a couple of times at work. Feeling very tired now and am resting my knee by elevating it. Thankfully, I'm working from home until next Wednesday now.
 
Have you tried a under the desk pedal machine or elliptical??
 
@Dearjr Unfortunately that's not possible in my office as we don't have fixed desks. Also I'm gong to have treatment for my IT Band so needs to see how it is after that. Due to see OS on Dec for follow up.
 
Well knee played up a little last night. Think l pulled something in the back of my knee!! Not feeling too bad now but really getting frustrated with what seems to be lack of progress. Having some treatment on Friday for my IT band problem, if that doesn't solve my knee stiffness then my OS may need to investigate further when I see him on Dec 1.
 
@ CATSMUM. ...oh you could be talking about my knee having used the it band for do long I thought my knee would be getting better without it...but it's wise now without it I don't know how long to keep using the band as my knee still do sore without it.....I hope you manage to get domething done....it's so strange as we are close in time of op.....

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom