MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

At pt have been working on strengthening quad and loosening hamstrings
Both are hard to do!
 
@Dearjr you're not kidding. It's amazing how long they are taking to get back to fitness. Guess I need to be patient.
 
It's a year-long recovery after a TKR. Do give your knees time to get over this major surgery. Allow them to take a while to regain full strength.
 
Guess I'm wanting to run before l can walk. Note to self, be more patient and follow Celle's advice and allow them to heal and regain strength.
 
I know I worked on quad strength from the start of PT and my RTKR is stronger but still lags behind my left knee. Keep working it @CATSMUM
 
How long does it usually take for quad strength to return?
 
I'm at 3 months and still feel week. Buckle at times too
 
That's normally due to weak muscles l believe. It does take a time for the muscle, ligaments etc to recover, as Celle said this recovery is at least a year, guess we are expecting too much too soon :sad:
 
I see that's true now...,and I thought 3 months was a long time...I guess it's now a year to wait!
 
Arrived safely in Portugal, knee feels quite warm and tender, thankfully I had the foresight to bring some ice packs. Feel absolutely worn out after an early morning start of 2.45am! Now resting, icing, elevating and having a glass of wine to help my knee!
 
I'm glad you made the journey safely, @CATSMUM !
Have a good time, but don't forget to schedule time for resting.
 
I must admit, I'd forgotten just how draining this recovery can be even at 4 months out. I actually had to stop on the way back from lunch as l felt so exhausted to muster up some more energy. Will definitely build in rest periods.
 
Knee is a little tender, think that l need to rest more. Have been sampling the Portuguese cuisine and wines in order to ensure they are up to scratch!! Having a quiet day tomorrow to recharge my batteries and let the knee settle. Already booked to come back in May next year with some friends! Hoping by that time knee will be almost fully recovered and will allow me to do more things.
 
Returned from my holiday yesterday, had a lovely time and knee behaved relatively well. Still a little tender and stiff but gradually improving. Still haven't got zero extension :sad: but nevermind. Having Physio on Friday so I'm hoping that there would have been some improvement in the last couple of weeks.
 
@catsum. That's good to hear that knee is behaving. How long did you walk on it for? Just curious...I'm going to Israel during Christmas week and will be doing a lot of walking
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom