MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

@kakamac 56 I feel better too wearing my IT band, I'm convinced that's what's improved my walking as the tightness is virtually gone when l wear it. I shall be. I shall be very,interested in how you get on at your next Physio session.
 
@CATSMUM I will be interested too will keep you updated. I still have dome stiffness st night but I can live with that as it isn't affecting my mobilities during the day ...
 
@CATSMUM its so nice to hear you are doing well. We are now equal in flexion!...doesn't it feel good
Keep up the good work
 
@Dearjr It really does feel good, been a long haul and l know I've still got a long way to go but I'll get there. Hope your knee is continues to improve over the next few months.
 
Another week of working from home, found it quite tiring although l was only working up to 5 hours this week. Next week working up to normal day which is just about 8 hours. Got Physio class on Tuesday and Friday and then on hols for 9 days, can't wait.
Knee class went well today, had a chat with Physio and I'm probably going to repeat the class as l need to strengthen both knees, especially as my left one has taken a real bashing over the last 18 months. IT band isn't as tight when l wear my band, might even organise a session or 2 of sports massage.
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
 
Had a fairly good weekend, hubby was out on Saturday so just lazed around the house. Knee is a little tender today after my extended working from home hours (started today), have iced and elevated and now resting. Amazed at how tired l get even though I'm 4 months out almost. IT band still making side if knee stiff but I think it's beginning to ease. Still have a little tenderness at bottom of knee but think that's due to the healing process.
 
Hello, I thought I'd pop in for a quick visit @CATSMUM. I'm glad things are finally turning around for you. I noticed you mention energy drain, I'm a few days before you post op and cannot believe how wiped out I get.

Well done with your return to working. That's brilliant. Another step towards normality x

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xx
 
Thanks for the info about the IT band. Mine came on Saturday and I wore it yesterday. I was surprised at how much it helped. Overall, I think mine is better too but I shall hit the 5 month mark this week so I think it's about time!

Roxie
 
@Nana moon 27 its been a long-haul, must admit at times l did wonder if it would ever start to improve! Glad I'm not the only one experiencing energy drain, found myself dropping off for a few minutes earlier on today. Really pleased to read that you don't need a MUA, hope you're now feeling better after your flu jab!

@Kansas Teacher You're welcome, it really is a fab support and really does work. Glad your knee is beginning to feel better too, must admit l do get so impatient with how long it's taking! Long may our recoveries continue.

I know l shouldn't compare knees but the left one was so much less troublesome than this one. At this stage (4 months)I had virtually no discomfort and my ROM and extension were great! Still not at zero extension but about 115 ROM.
 
Ridiculous how tiring working is. I envy my retired bonesmart friends. Sounds like you are doing well!
 
Try to work up things slowly
I went on a 4 mile bike ride and felt fine but the 6 miler did me and my knee in for the next two days
 
Why is that although I'm tired after working, when l go to bed I only sleep for about 4 hours! Knee is gradually improving but that pesky IT Band is still terribly tight and sore! Going to have a few more sessions at knee class to see how it goes. If it's still playing up when I see my OS in December, I will definitely mention it to him. Counting down the days/hours now until my holiday in Portugal. So looking forward to it.
 
@CATSMUM i have the same issue as you. Can't sleep more than 2-3 hours even though I am extremely tired!

I think maybe it's the strange sensations I have over the side of the knee from the numbness that does it but I wake up and don't feel it

Any theories for your waking up ?
 
@Dearjr I think it's where it gets stiff in the night because of the position I'm lying in, quite often my knee is bent and the discomfort wakes me to let me know, l then find it incredibly difficult to get back to sleep. Don't want to wear a support in bed again but must admit I've been thinking about it! Just looking forward to the day when I suddenly realise that I've not got any discomfort in my knee, l know it will come but just wish it would hurry up!
 
Everyone who sees me says I'm not walking with a limp but they don't understand the "discomfort" of the new knee.
We might have to wait till the 6-12 month mark to see what the real feel is like

As far as sleep I wake up look at clock and fall back asleep...strangest thing I've ever had
 
@Dearjr Hit the nail on the head there with your comment about people not understanding the discomfort we experience. Lots of my friends say I'm walking really well but try explaining that you're still having pain and they look at you in disbelief! Took a good 18 months for my left knee to settle and my OS reckons this one maybe longer :groan:, hopefully, he'll be proved, guess time will tell.
Wish l could fall asleep a easily, my hubby literally is asleep the moment his head hits the pillow, lol.
 
Just had a Physio session. Apparently the popliteal muscle is causing problems as well as the IT Band! Quads are weak and need building up. Going to have another 5 sessions and see how that goes. This recovery is a real test!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom